Sign in to follow this  
kiranat

Ungendered hatchling grew wings when zombified

Hi,

I've been trying for zombies a lot - hiding hatchlings and waiting for them to die, then reviving them.

I'm only missing a few, and right now I'm trying to complete the two-headed dragons. I need a male and ungendered zombie.

I had one ungendered die last night - and saw it on my scroll this morning and decided to revive it. Screenshot of the dragon as it appeared prior to reviving:

user posted image

It successfully zombified (YAY!), but when I checked it's page - it was suddenly female and had wings. Screenshot of the zombie:

user posted image

It appears on the scroll in the same way:

user posted image

What's going on?

I'm a bit annoyed - I already have a female zombie and don't need another one.

Yikes I don't think anything should have gendered with that few views sad.gif super unfortunate

Yikes I don't think anything should have gendered with that few views sad.gif super unfortunate

In my experience (I must have tried >200 hatchlings by now) , the views are on the limit for gendering.

But if I had known that it had gendered I wouldn't have revived it.

The problem is that is was listed as ungendered until I zombified it sad.gif

In my experience (I must have tried >200 hatchlings by now) , the views are on the limit for gendering.

But if I had known that it had gendered I wouldn't have revived it.

The problem is that is was listed as ungendered until I zombified it sad.gif

Oh I didn't know :') I've only fogged 10ish hatchlings to death so far

Now that you've said that it makes me wonder if it's even a glitch, maybe it's something to do with the breed change and if breeds gender at different amounts of views... which makes it even worse?

Hope it's a glitch so it can be fixed, good luck

Oh I didn't know :') I've only fogged 10ish hatchlings to death so far

Now that you've said that it makes me wonder if it's even a glitch, maybe it's something to do with the breed change and if breeds gender at different amounts of views... which makes it even worse?

Hope it's a glitch so it can be fixed, good luck

It depends a bit on the amount of unique views as well, but:

<200 views = ungendered

>225 view = gendered

anything in between can go either way

Even if it doesn't get fixed, at least this might help you! smile.gif

Edited by kiranat

It depends a bit on the amount of unique views as well, but:

<200 views = ungendered

>225 view = gendered

anything in between can go either way

Even if it doesn't get fixed, at least this might help you! smile.gif

Thanks! Though my current dead ungendered hatchies have 277, 230, and 240 < last one is a zombie :0 which is why I didn't think anything as low as yours could gender lmao

Zombie hatchlings regularly gender/grow wings. Especially if they died in the fog, because the less time they have left to live, the less views it takes to gender (or grow up).

The only sure way to get an engendered hatchling is to kill a frozen engendered. It can be done with fogged hatchlings, but is rather difficult as you need extremely low views.

Edit: the named pair were fogged to death, cute but kinda scary was frozen before death, and was for the longest time the only none gendered zombie I had. And I fog dozens every year.

https://dragcave.net/view/IupYG

https://dragcave.net/view/IQKol

https://dragcave.net/view/U3SR

Edited by DragonLady86

I have an ungendered zombie hatchie without killing and with WELL over that stated number of views:

https://dragcave.net/view/IH5hM

And many other assorted ungendered frozen hatchies, too. I don't think the numbers are writ in stone - or even in plastic !

There was a similar issue described back in Dec 2015. I'll have to go dig through my reports to TJ and see if it was ever fixed or if it needs a new report. o.o

There was a similar issue described back in Dec 2015. I'll have to go dig through my reports to TJ and see if it was ever fixed or if it needs a new report. o.o

Thanks!

I remember it ~ it affected almost everyone's Zombies/frozen Xmas dragons and we all posted the affected ones in a thread and they got fixed back to S1 smile.gif

I remember it ~ it affected almost everyone's Zombies/frozen Xmas dragons and we all posted the affected ones in a thread and they got fixed back to S1 smile.gif

Yes, the regularly frozen dragons were fixed, but it appears the zombie was either not or has reverted. =o

Sign in to follow this