The Evil Doer

April 1 event Poll

Did you enjoy the April 1 prank?  

308 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I enjoy the Great lineages thread, but didn't feel comfortable with the April 1 joke and its thread (for reasons mentioned above). And I stand by my opinion/impression.

I enjoy the Great lineages thread, but didn't feel comfortable with the April 1 joke and its thread (for reasons mentioned above). And I stand by my opinion/impression.

I can agree that the (now closed) thread about the april fools joke was kind of a trainwreck.

Bragging? You should probably never look at the Great Lineages from AP or the Congrats thread. Don't shame people for telling about their luck.

Ruby, people don't go into the great lineages thread and tell others "Oh, it's just an (insert breed here). Don't worry that you didn't get it." The purpose of that thread is to celebrate and share in happiness what you caught or what others managed to catch, which was not the point of or what happened in the April Fool's thread.

Edited by Jazeki

Poll doesn't ask, but because it was a point of discussion elsewhere: no eggs here (I got et 💀) but I'm still happy with the event.

I'm neutral. I didn't get an egg, but then I also forgot that I no longer live in the same time zone as Cave Time, and I missed the event altogether due to not getting around to DC until it was already the 2nd in the cave. (nothing in trade, nothing due to hatch, so checking in was low-priority that day)

I realize giving notice would have ruined the joke aspect, but a "gentle reminder" that something interesting might occur would have been nice, and probably seen me check in much earlier in the day.

Please keep this conversation civil. I understand the frustrations some members felt with the event, but if this thread devolves into personal attacks we will have to close it down. We've already had to lock our previous April Fool's thread and I would like to keep this open.

Ruby, people don't go into the great lineages thread and tell others "Oh, it's just an (insert breed here). Don't worry that you didn't get it." The purpose of that thread is to celebrate and share in happiness what you caught or what others managed to catch, which was not the point of or what happened in the April Fool's thread.

Yeah, that behavior from some people with Upsidedowns is terrible. Sure its "just a Mint" as far as breeding goes but they seem to be a permanent unique CB sprite. Of course people are going to be upset about missing something like this. No sprite, beyond Spriter's Alts and alt Sweetlings, are restricted like this. Everything else you can at least get higher gens of. Even sometimes annoying breeds, like GoNs, you can get eventually. Saying "its just a Mint" to people upset about missing what appears to be a once-ever release that doesn't even breed true is incredibly rude and dismissive.

This was such a poorly thought out event. I still can't believe they're staying upsidedown.

This event's aftermath kinda reminds me of the alt sweetlings. (It really frustrated me then.)

The blink and you miss it nature of the less anticipated events (like the completely unplanned sweetling loss) keeps collections from being perfect. You win some and you lose some. I've gotten better keeping my cool with losing, but I've never "won" in an event that wasn't an "anyone who logs in on these days can win, and you know the days beforehand" event like most holidays until this time. Now I have even more mixed feelings about it.

(Also it never occurred to me that the "Cave" biome alone would be an allure to people trading.)

Edited by scratcher_cat

I think it's a fun thing to have them stay upside-down. What I think is a little less fun is that they can't breed upside-down offspring. After seeing all the people who were disappointed about not getting one, some of that disappointment could be alleviated (a little) by being able to share 2gens with the community. Maybe that's TJ's plan for the next April Fool's Day.

Edited by BatPopsicle

I think it's a fun thing to have them stay upside-down. What I think is a little less fun is that they can't breed upside-down offspring. After seeing all the people who were disappointed about not getting one, some of that disappointment could be alleviated (a little) by being able to share 2gens with the community. Maybe that's TJ's plan for the next April Fool's Day.

I disagree. The fact that the upside-down mints don't appear in lineages or breed other upside-down mints is what makes them more of a badge and less of a prize. If they could breed 2nd-gen upside-downs, then they would be extremely valuable and the people who got 'eaten' would truly be disadvantaged by the prank.

When people say "it's just a mint," I think what they're trying to say is that DIDN'T happen. People who won a 'special' mint didn't get anything but one page with their dragon displayed upside-down on it. They didn't also get the ability to breed things they could trade for CB metals. It would have been much more imbalancing if that had happened.

I disagree. The fact that the upside-down mints don't appear in lineages or breed other upside-down mints is what makes them more of a badge and less of a prize. If they could breed 2nd-gen upside-downs, then they would be extremely valuable and the people who got 'eaten' would truly be disadvantaged by the prank.

When people say "it's just a mint," I think what they're trying to say is that DIDN'T happen. People who won a 'special' mint didn't get anything but one page with their dragon displayed upside-down on it. They didn't also get the ability to breed things they could trade for CB metals. It would have been much more imbalancing if that had happened.

This. Yes I have one I traded for. But UNLESS the biome thing actually does impact on copper breeding - it doesn't make that much difference when all's said and done. I WOULD have preferred to see it displayed as a badge (and PLEASE let us get a trophy case soon) but otherwise... as tjekan says - if I hadn't named it as I did, no-one would ever have known. And that's all fine with me. (I actually wonder if they throw anything but a mint with coppers, though. I have tried and only got mints !)

This. Yes I have one I traded for. But UNLESS the biome thing actually does impact on copper breeding - it doesn't make that much difference when all's said and done. I WOULD have preferred to see it displayed as a badge (and PLEASE let us get a trophy case soon) but otherwise... as tjekan says - if I hadn't named it as I did, no-one would ever have known. And that's all fine with me. (I actually wonder if they throw anything but a mint with coppers, though. I have tried and only got mints !)

I caught a brown Copper in the AP the other day that (istr) had a Prank Mint mum. But then, you can already (if you're prepared to look for them) get Mints that will breed whatever colour of Copper you want anyway, so even that's a moot benefit.

(I actually wonder if they throw anything but a mint with coppers, though. I have tried and only got mints !)

Saucy Eyebrow Waggles' first baby was a copper.

Edited by Jazeki

I second this. If they started producing things that were CB metal worthy, ND, ect, then it would've been the very first Prize Dragon (Tinsel) scenario with the tree decorating all over again. No warnings or anything. Just an atomic can of worms spewed out on everything.

I'll admit I'm a little salty because I won't be able to collect that one "unique" sprite that doesn't happen every year, but I'm not going to throw a fit over it. (Though I've been very close with the alt sweetlings..)

My comment was based on my personal feelings. I don't think the mints are worth cb metals, neglecteds, prizes, but that's me. I didn't have intentions to try and get those things (I only wanted vamps 🤣). If others want the rarer eggs and people are willing to give them that's between them. I know there were others that wanted regular eggs in return and some mentioned breeding for free. People would have been waiting on long lists to get them but eventually they would get one, unless that player stopped breeding. Not really an option now, but maybe in the future if TJ has other plans.