Jump to content
Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:


Honestly I think in the case of the Kalos starters I think Froakie is the rarest because Greninja was the most popular Pokemon of 2020 so they will naturally make it harder to get.

 

Except for that, at least here, the last three generations the water starter was by far the rarest.  Even now, I rarely see piplup or oshawott outside of events featuring them, now mudkip and totodile have all but vanished as well.  All the others are dirt common.

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Nectaris said:

 

Except for that, at least here, the last three generations the water starter was by far the rarest.  Even now, I rarely see piplup or oshawott outside of events featuring them, now mudkip and totodile have all but vanished as well.  All the others are dirt common.


Odd excluding Totodile who admittedly I haven't seen for some time I usually see at least 1 water starter when I'm out in the local woods with the dog, granted that may be because it has a stream going through it which seems to make water types pretty common anyway.

In other news today i got 2 more Froakies out of eggs (finally getting some Kalos starters out of eggs) AND I got a second Axew :o.

 

Also whats peoples opinion on that Kanto tour event thats coming soon? I'm not sure it's quite worth £10 but it does sound quite cool what with all 150 Kanto mons being able to spawn shiny for a day, good chance to get a shiny Tauros, Kangaskhan, Farfetchd or Mr Mime (depending where you are)....plus shiny Mew research 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, smokeytripod said:


Odd excluding Totodile who admittedly I haven't seen for some time I usually see at least 1 water starter when I'm out in the local woods with the dog, granted that may be because it has a stream going through it which seems to make water types pretty common anyway.

In other news today i got 2 more Froakies out of eggs (finally getting some Kalos starters out of eggs) AND I got a second Axew :o.

 

Also whats peoples opinion on that Kanto tour event thats coming soon? I'm not sure it's quite worth £10 but it does sound quite cool what with all 150 Kanto mons being able to spawn shiny for a day, good chance to get a shiny Tauros, Kangaskhan, Farfetchd or Mr Mime (depending where you are)....plus shiny Mew research 

 

Super jealous of that axew!

 

Yeah, the thing here is that I am often hunting by a pond or lake, and OTHER water spawns are frequent, just not the starters(excluding squirtle, which does show up fairly often).

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, shadow wooper is simply adorable.  There is something that is just precious about that grumpy face.

 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Ok, shadow wooper is simply adorable.  There is something that is just precious about that grumpy face.

 

Hoping to get one today! I finally caught Froakie...of crouse too late. But eh.

Share this post


Link to post

Caught two pink woopers!  So cute!  I never cared much for wooper as a kid, but it has grown on me considerably.

 

Also, just two more raids to go till I hit level 41!

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Caught two pink woopers!  So cute!  I never cared much for wooper as a kid, but it has grown on me considerably.

 

Also, just two more raids to go till I hit level 41!

Congrats!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Caught two pink woopers!  So cute!  I never cared much for wooper as a kid, but it has grown on me considerably.

 

Also, just two more raids to go till I hit level 41!

 

Congrats! I'm ten raids away from leveling up, but it's okay, I'm slowly getting there. I also caught two shiny Woopers! Sadly they both have really bad IVs but as they're shiny I'm not complaining. :)

Anyway, how's community day going for you so far? I went out for some time to do some raiding (beat one Regirock and two Kyurem) and pokemon catching - so far no shiny Abra (and I've seen many), three shiny Gastly, two shiny Piplup, three shiny Weedle, three shiny Seedot and one shiny Rhyhorn. I hope I'll get at least ONE shiny Abra because I love that pokemon, but I'd also like to own a shiny Alakazam. :wub: 

Share this post


Link to post

Well I nearly got everything I wanted for community day, I got 1 more shiny Piplup for my slowly growing living shiny dex (I had 2 from its CD) and i got 2 shiny Rhyhorns, i'd have loved a 3rd since I completely missed it's CD so maybe I'll get 1 more during that upcoming Kanto event, i also got a 92% Rhyhorn which I turned into a Rhyperior cause mine was really weak (the old appraisal system said it was strong though)

Share this post


Link to post

No shinies for me, but to be honest, I didn't want any.  I participated in all CDs and had more than I even needed on some(looking at you ghastly).  I am just looking for good IVs, which I haven't had much luck on.  I did level up though, which was nice.  The experience will honestly be the hardest part on these tasks.

Share this post


Link to post

I accidently transferred two shineys in a transfer frenzy while not paying attention and watching college football. *facepalm

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/13/2020 at 12:53 AM, galleri said:

I accidently transferred two shineys in a transfer frenzy while not paying attention and watching college football. *facepalm

 

Oh, I totally relate to this! One time I transferred my first ever Squirtle, the one pokemon I swore to never transfer as long as I play and I still hate myself for it. 😢 

Anyway, didn't go out much today but still had a pretty solid day. So happy that Jessie and James are back, this is the first time I ever get to battle them! Also I think their photobombing is hilarious, hopefully I'll get my first ever shiny Meowth from those.

Speaking of shinies, I used up my final remaining incense and turns out that one Diglett that came to me was a shiny! Happy to have one of those, I find Diglett so cute. Raided a Kyurem and two Rufflet and now I have about six or seven raids left to finally level up.

Share this post


Link to post

Got a shiny caterpie today!

 

Also got a 100iv nuzleaf today.  The day AFTER the community day naturally.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Got a shiny caterpie today!

 

Also got a 100iv nuzleaf today.  The day AFTER the community day naturally.

 

Congrats! I still have no luck getting the shiny Caterpie, but as they are pretty much a common species I'm sure I'll find one sooner or later. I caught my shiny Celeby today and it's so adorable in pink! Oddly enough this one is stronger than its regular counterpart and I'm really happy with its moveset. :wub: 

Four more raids to do and I'll finally level up! Can't wait for my dentist appointment tomorrow because I have a good enough excuse to visit the city center and hopefully do some raiding. :) 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks!

 

Today has been a really good day.  First I hatched a sandile, and one with good IVs at that.  Then later today I got a shiny rogenrolla!

 

Also looks like they increased spawns at my parent's house.  It is like a small army over there!  At least they also increased spawns at my own house too this time.

Edited by Nectaris

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Thanks!

 

Today has been a really good day.  First I hatched a sandile, and one with good IVs at that.  Then later today I got a shiny rogenrolla!

 

Also looks like they increased spawns at my parent's house.  It is like a small army over there!  At least they also increased spawns at my own house too this time.

 

I see that too! Usually I find hardly any pokemon spawning right in front of me while I'm at home, but today I was surrounded by probably five or six. I was pretty surprised. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

 

I see that too! Usually I find hardly any pokemon spawning right in front of me while I'm at home, but today I was surrounded by probably five or six. I was pretty surprised. :) 

 

 

Yeah, here it has been steadily increasing.  At first it was five, then seven, and has now multiplied to 15+.  Whereas at my house I had one spawn point, though my avatar would occasionally wander to a second one.  Today I had three.  Not a huge amount to be sure, but it a significant improvement.  Ironically it was what my house USED to spawn before my parent's house started spawning mons.

Share this post


Link to post
On 12/14/2020 at 4:19 PM, *Silver Fox* said:

 

Oh, I totally relate to this! One time I transferred my first ever Squirtle, the one pokemon I swore to never transfer as long as I play and I still hate myself for it. 😢 

Anyway, didn't go out much today but still had a pretty solid day. So happy that Jessie and James are back, this is the first time I ever get to battle them! Also I think their photobombing is hilarious, hopefully I'll get my first ever shiny Meowth from those.

Speaking of shinies, I used up my final remaining incense and turns out that one Diglett that came to me was a shiny! Happy to have one of those, I find Diglett so cute. Raided a Kyurem and two Rufflet and now I have about six or seven raids left to finally level up.

I am so glad it is just not me having a opps! 

Weekends are hard for me to get out. We live rural and the closest PokeStop is 10 miles for me. So unless I am going to town, I don't make the special trips anymore. 

 

On 12/14/2020 at 5:14 PM, Nectaris said:

Got a shiny caterpie today!

 

Also got a 100iv nuzleaf today.  The day AFTER the community day naturally.

Yay! This is great! 

Share this post


Link to post

Thank goodness it looks like Jessie and James will still be appearing after the event.  I have seen them ONCE since the event started, and I need to see them again to complete the research and there are only a few hours left of the event. 

 

In other news, I got a shiny Dwebble.  It doesn't look very different, I probably would have skipped it if I had not seen the sparkles.

 

Edit:

 

Ask and you shall receive.  The meowth balloon appeared just a minute ago, still with a few more hours left of the event.

Edited by Nectaris

Share this post


Link to post

Well I got my shiny Celebi recently and thats like all the luck I've had....I dunno if I was cursed or what but I didn't see a single Rufflet raid anytime I played when they were spawning so i still don't have one and I really wanted 1 😕 

Share this post


Link to post

Been having a really good week so far!  Today I got a random shiny bronzor and a shiny cubchoo!

Share this post


Link to post

Hey, I've got a question for you: does anyone of you have any problem s with the game freezing after feeding berries to pokemon you're trying to catch? I've been experiencing this issue for the past several days and it's really messing up with my game. Sometimes I feed a berry to a pokemon I'm trying to catch (this happens whichever berry I use) and the game freezes. The pokeballs get stuck and I'm unable to throw them at the pokemon. Earlier today this happened to me while I was trying to catch Registeel after a raid so I was forced to restart the game, but by the time I reentered it, the Registeel was lost forever and I missed out on it because the game got stuck. I'll write to the help center but I'd like to know if I'm the only one who this happens to or is there anyone else affected by this.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Hey, I've got a question for you: does anyone of you have any problem s with the game freezing after feeding berries to pokemon you're trying to catch? I've been experiencing this issue for the past several days and it's really messing up with my game. Sometimes I feed a berry to a pokemon I'm trying to catch (this happens whichever berry I use) and the game freezes. The pokeballs get stuck and I'm unable to throw them at the pokemon. Earlier today this happened to me while I was trying to catch Registeel after a raid so I was forced to restart the game, but by the time I reentered it, the Registeel was lost forever and I missed out on it because the game got stuck. I'll write to the help center but I'd like to know if I'm the only one who this happens to or is there anyone else affected by this.

 

No, this hasn't happened to me.  What I have problems with is that sometimes pokemon show up upside down, and it makes it really hard to throw balls.  It doesn't go away unless I restart the game.

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

 

No, this hasn't happened to me.  What I have problems with is that sometimes pokemon show up upside down, and it makes it really hard to throw balls.  It doesn't go away unless I restart the game.

 

That's strange. I contacted the support center to see if they can tell me what's going on and how to fix it. I know I haven't done anything that goes against the rules so I'm pretty surprised by how this started happening. Hopefully it goes away.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Hey, I've got a question for you: does anyone of you have any problem s with the game freezing after feeding berries to pokemon you're trying to catch? I've been experiencing this issue for the past several days and it's really messing up with my game. Sometimes I feed a berry to a pokemon I'm trying to catch (this happens whichever berry I use) and the game freezes. The pokeballs get stuck and I'm unable to throw them at the pokemon. Earlier today this happened to me while I was trying to catch Registeel after a raid so I was forced to restart the game, but by the time I reentered it, the Registeel was lost forever and I missed out on it because the game got stuck. I'll write to the help center but I'd like to know if I'm the only one who this happens to or is there anyone else affected by this.

I have heard people say that this glitch happens, when you double tap the berries you feed the Pokemon. Haven't experienced it myself though

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.