Jump to content
Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Recommended Posts

I have 3 shiny Gyarados and 5 shiny Magicarp. (2 from earlier this year, I can't even remember that I caught them) My oldest Magicarp is from 2017. And I think I already threw away 2 shiny Magicarp.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, not happy about magikarp.  I REALLY hope the lackluster CDs and Research Breakthroughs are because of COVID and not favoring battlers(keeping things low-key so people who can't participate much don't miss out).  I hope it is due to the virus because that means that things will get better at some point, if they are simply favoring battlers, then it isn't likely to change anytime soon. 

 

I know they haven't mentioned it, but I REALLY REALLY hope that axew is included in the dragon week.  It almost seems like they have forgotten poor axew.  I STILL don't have one.

Edited by Nectaris

Share this post


Link to post

Eh I can take the CD's being lackluster since shinies are shinies and I'm still missing a fair few but I hope the research boxes start dropping good stuff again soon, granted I don't think Larvitar was that bad and was a huge improvement over Ferroseed imo cause Tyranitar is at least useful xD...I do miss the free legendaries though.

I can't see Axew being in Dragon week since Deino has been given the most attention since its getting its shiny and you get 2 from a research....maybe they are saving Axew for a special CD when the Covid is finally gone lol.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm looking forward to Magikarp day (maybe I'll finally get the shiny) - mostly because I've found Gyrados to be good battler.

 

That aside, I'm hoping Dragon week brings me more Gibles and Deinos - been stuck at 50 candies on both for months now due to how hard they are to find.

Share this post


Link to post

I’m excited, a friend invited me to a Rayquaza raid and I caught it! It wasn’t shiny, but I’m just happy to get my Pokédex entry for it. 
 

Now I’m just going to hope I get more raids for a chance at a shiny one. I’m glad I have one already, as I’m going on vacation next Tuesday and won’t have any internet.65F0E9BE-A105-4B91-BD3A-E7A90125E39D.thumb.png.dc7ac60c762000aca342ba196a4e38d8.png

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zinogre said:

I’m excited, a friend invited me to a Rayquaza raid and I caught it! It wasn’t shiny, but I’m just happy to get my Pokédex entry for it. 
 

Now I’m just going to hope I get more raids for a chance at a shiny one. I’m glad I have one already, as I’m going on vacation next Tuesday and won’t have any internet.65F0E9BE-A105-4B91-BD3A-E7A90125E39D.thumb.png.dc7ac60c762000aca342ba196a4e38d8.png

Nice. I got invited to one, but lacked the remote raid pass (used my last one earlier, and I'm saving my poke coins for some more storage space and another incubator...I get eggs like no tomorrow)

 

Anyhow, I'm just hoping to get some more Gible, Deino and Axew from this to evolve mine to their final forms

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, ShorahNagi said:

Anyhow, I'm just hoping to get some more Gible, Deino and Axew from this to evolve mine to their final forms

 

Despite being a dragon and this being dragon week, I don't think axew is included in this.  Which is a shame, because I would just like to get ANY of them, especially as they are a favorite of mine.

 

In other news, got a shiny horsea this morning!

Share this post


Link to post

I also caught my 1st ever Rayquaza today :D it has max def and health and almost max atk so a pretty good catch just a shame it wasn't shiny, damn things are dropping like flies around here though and fill up quick with remote raiders so I may try to shiny hunt it (will cost me a lot in passes if I do...).

Also got a shiny Bagon today so that was nice, really want a shiny Dratini or Deino too though.... but Deinos are only in 7KM eggs afaik so eh.

 

Real annoying how Axew isn't part of this event at all, especially since the damn thing isn't even a Pseudo legendary/legendary, I only have 1 (sorry Nectaris lol) and I'm yet to get more to fill in my living dex/get candy to evolve the damn thing....really hope Niantic has an Axew day planned once Covid is over with or something cause no other Pokemon has been done dirty like this.

Edited by smokeytripod

Share this post


Link to post

I don't mind the Magikarp CD. I can finally evolve my 100% and get the event attack. :D and hopefully a decent 3* shiny for a red Gyarados. :)

 

I was out all afternoon today in hopes for some Rayquaza raids (I so want a shiny 😍), but there wasn't a single one the whole afternoon! And we have 11 gyms. I'm so pissed right now. 🤬

Those people I always raid with only have time in the afternoon between 2 and 5pm because of work...

Managed to catch a lot of Dratinis and Bagons for candy, and a few Gibles, and a shiny Scyther, though. and I got a decent Deino from the research. :)

It's sad they didn't include Axew, I don't even have that one yet. :(

Edited by Idril

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Idril said:

I don't mind the Magikarp CD. I can finally evolve my 100% and get the event attack. :D and hopefully a decent 3* shiny for a red Gyarados. :)

 

I was out all afternoon today in hopes for some Rayquaza raids (I so want a shiny 😍), but there wasn't a single one the whole afternoon! And we have 11 gyms. I'm so pissed right now. 🤬

Those people I always raid with only have time in the afternoon between 2 and 5pm because of work...

Managed to catch a lot of Dratinis and Bagons for candy, and a few Gibles, and a shiny Scyther, though. and I got a decent Deino from the research. :)

It's sad they didn't include Axew, I don't even have that one yet. :(

Do you want me to invite you a raid here? I'm sure I'll be doing another few tommorow, and since we're also Best Friends you should have enough balls also :)

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Loebok said:

Do you want me to invite you a raid here? I'm sure I'll be doing another few tommorow, and since we're also Best Friends you should have enough balls also :)

 

I know you weren't asking me, but I want to let people know that I am happy to join in on raids, and will happily invite others as well.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, Nectaris said:

 

I know you weren't asking me, but I want to let people know that I am happy to join in on raids, and will happily invite others as well.

Alright, in case I'll see you online tomorrow I will invite you as well. :) Same goes for me, especially with Rayquaza being in raids at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve noticed that the Rayquaza raids tend to fill up very fast. I tried to send raid invites to the few people who were online, but the raid was full. It’s surprising because I didn’t think people did raids here, at least they don’t with the other legends. People want shiny Rayquaza I guess.

 

I caught 5 Rayquaza so far, none of them are shiny though. I just want one shiny Rayquaza and I think I’d be done raids.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Loebok said:

Do you want me to invite you a raid here? I'm sure I'll be doing another few tommorow, and since we're also Best Friends you should have enough balls also :)

 

Nah, thank you, we'll have the whole week for raids and I'm on holiday anyway, so I have time. Besides I rather invest my coins into green passes than in remote ones.

I'm just mad that there were no 5* raids today, when they were popping up every few minutes last weekend. 🙄

Besides, even if it would work for us both, there's still a timezone problem with others...

 

But I was thinking, if there should be regional raids someday again, like Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf, invites to those raids would be interesting for people who live in other regions. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Idril said:

But I was thinking, if there should be regional raids someday again, like Mesprit, Uxie and Azelf, invites to those raids would be interesting for people who live in other regions. 😉


Knowing Niantic they would block invites to other regions for those specific raids or make them turn into your regions encounter lol.

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:


Knowing Niantic they would block invites to other regions for those specific raids or make them turn into your regions encounter lol.

I personally think they wont return as Raid bosses ever. They are technically spawning in the wild in their specific regions, they are just absurdly rare.

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Loebok said:

I personally think they wont return as Raid bosses ever. They are technically spawning in the wild in their specific regions, they are just absurdly rare.

 

Ugh I hope your wrong lol, I'm hopeful they do bring them back but just make the raid versions not regional so all 3 can spawn in a raid(honestly who's bright idea was it to make a legendary regional?), they can keep each one a wild regional in certain areas since they are so rare I'm sure no one would even care lol.


In other news i scored 2 new shinies today, everyone's favorite dragon Pokemon Onix and a Turtwig which frankly I've been hunting for months since I got the other 2 starters of that set as shinies 😛...I'm sure I missed a Turtwig CD or I was just unlucky...

Share this post


Link to post
43 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

I'm sure I missed a Turtwig CD or I was just unlucky...

To be honest, I don't recall there being a community day for the Sinnoh starters (though I know their shiny forms are in game as I have shiny Torterra and Infernape...can't seem to find a shiny Piplup which is my favorite of those starters.

 

Anyhow. My shiny luck seems to be gone now. I've not caught one since GO fest :(

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve caught a dupe shiny Charmander so far and nothing else. I was hoping to get more Rayquaza raids in, but I haven’t been able to find any.

 

I did get a Gible raid earlier, it was the first Gible raid I’ve seen in ages. Go Fest wasn’t very good for Gible raids, I was hoping Dragon Week would be better.

Edited by Zinogre

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, smokeytripod said:


Knowing Niantic they would block invites to other regions for those specific raids or make them turn into your regions encounter lol.

 

Hmm, yeah, I was thinking of something like that, too.

Their shiny forms have not been release yet, though, so I'm sure they will come back in raids someday.

 

So, there has been a change in field researches... they seem to focus on fight type pokmon this month, probably because Scraggy is the breakthrough. And guess what is suddenly nowhere to be found in the wild? Fight type pokemon! I saw not a single Mankey, Meditie or Makuhita, and those are the common ones. sometimes I`d really like to ask the Niantic guyes if they are kinda stupid... *facepalm*

 

Caught another Gible today, and some Dratinis and Bagons, otherwise nothing special... would love a shiny Dratini 🙂

Share this post


Link to post

I have seen a grand total of one gibble so far, and it was not a raid.  I have hardly seen any raids at all, to be honest.  About the only Rayquayza raid I saw started in 45 minutes, and I couldn't stay.  Plus, even if I did, the gym is fairly isolated and it is rare to get others raiding there. 

 



@Idril

So, there has been a change in field researches... they seem to focus on fight type pokmon this month, probably because Scraggy is the breakthrough. And guess what is suddenly nowhere to be found in the wild? Fight type pokemon! I saw not a single Mankey, Meditie or Makuhita, and those are the common ones. sometimes I`d really like to ask the Niantic guyes if they are kinda stupid... *facepalm*

 

I have only seen one of those tasks so far.  I did see some makuhita Friday I think when the weather was cloudy.  I don't remember if it was before or after the even started though...  Now it has been sunny and they went poof for me as well.

 

In other news though, I got a random shiny aerodactyl from a research task!

Share this post


Link to post

I think I did like 30 Rayquaza raids this weekend  and I still have no shiny. My Pokedex counter for it is at 147... Yeah, I'm extremely unlucky with this one. I got like 2 more 96% IV and another three 93%. But I can't even be happy about that because I already have a 100% and three 98% ... urgh. 

 

The event is super unsatisfactory. Another line of non shiny Rayquaza raids, nothing that I need in the wild, except maybe shiny Horsea but I don't expect to get any shiny. I got 98%s of all the current event spawns, and shinies because of past c-days. So, everything is pretty much useless. Also the 7km eggs are not worth it. I already hatched 15 and I got like 2 Gible and NO Deino. Mostly all the ones I don't need, neither shiny nor IV.

 

I'm just catching stuff for stardust I guess.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

 

 

I'm just catching stuff for stardust I guess.

 

At this point this and finally getting my gold Dragon badge are all I'm doing too tbh since I'm pretty sure I used all my shiny luck today and got 2 non-event shinies and all the Dratini and bagon I've caught have been complete rubbish, did get a decent Rayquaza though so that's alright (legendaries are mostly dex fillers to me anyway so a decent 1 is a bonus), not even seen a Gible in the wild or raids yet and I'm not hatching 7km eggs for Deino who seems to have a very low drop chance anyway according to people I play with.

 

So....bring on the next event and normal form Deoxys i guess eh? 😛

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

 

At this point this and finally getting my gold Dragon badge are all I'm doing too tbh since I'm pretty sure I used all my shiny luck today and got 2 non-event shinies and all the Dratini and bagon I've caught have been complete rubbish, did get a decent Rayquaza though so that's alright (legendaries are mostly dex fillers to me anyway so a decent 1 is a bonus), not even seen a Gible in the wild or raids yet and I'm not hatching 7km eggs for Deino who seems to have a very low drop chance anyway according to people I play with.

 

 

I saw a post on reddit yesterday, where a group hatched 200 Event eggs, and did not get a single Gible or Deino. Eggs have to be a trap at this point, all you get is the common event stuff, that's virtually everywhere anyway.

 

About the Lake Trio not being released as shiny, I totally forgot about that. I am probably wrong and they will return as Raid bosses at some point. I can't imagine them restricting the invites regionally or something, I bet if they release all 3 as shinies at the same time and put them in Raids for maybe a week, they'll make a lot of that sweet $$$. Maybe do that after Covid, when distance passes will be more expensive even

Share this post


Link to post

I think I did pretty good for 3 days, out of 13 Rayquaza raids, I caught 12 out of 13. I don’t have any shiny ones, but that’s just my luck really.

 

So far I’ve hatched 2 Deino from eggs, but no shinies. I think I’ve hatched more Dratini out of all of the Pokémon in eggs, with the occasional Swablu. It sucks that the rate for Deino is terrible, I was hoping to get a better chance but eh.

Share this post


Link to post