Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Then there's Serebii Joe, the webmaster of Serebii.net who gets two shinies per day on his bad days!  He posts all of his GO shinies on Twitter, and I swear he has to be getting some kind of luck boost from Niantic.  XD

Enjoyed the incense day!  I got a scraggly, a mon I didn't have before today.  I also got a hundo barboach and best of all a shiny carvannah!  I have been wanting one of those ever since they were released.

Oh Scraggy was spawning during that incense event? I completely forgot he was part dark type....well damn I could've used a 2nd one for my living dex plus get some extra candy.....

...and this morning I got a shiny barboach when I woke up!

Though I am not too happy with the "voting" that will be taking place for the the next TWO community days.  When will the fifth gen starters finally get their turn?  Plus, three out of four already have shinies available, which stinks as there are so many mons that don't have shinies yet.  And one has already HAD a community day!  Two if you count the usual December rehash.  The icing on the cake is that the voting will take place on twitter, a site I am not on, and have no wish to join.

Edited by Nectaris

wait... next 2 C-day will have a vote system with pokemon that already HAVE shinys? Do you know the choices? I'm not a fan of this voting. Last time I wanted Vulpix (because that silver fox evo, omg!!! :wub: ) but Rhyhorn wasn't bad and at least it was new. plus Rhydon and its evo are helpful.

I miss the pattern when it was new and random with starters thrown into the mix. Also when are we getting Deino C-day or Axew C-day?

48 minutes ago, Syiren said:

wait... next 2 C-day will have a vote system with pokemon that already HAVE shinys? Do you know the choices? I'm not a fan of this voting. Last time I wanted Vulpix (because that silver fox evo, omg!!! :wub: ) but Rhyhorn wasn't bad and at least it was new. plus Rhydon and its evo are helpful.

I miss the pattern when it was new and random with starters thrown into the mix. Also when are we getting Deino C-day or Axew C-day?

There is in-game news that the choices are weedle, squirtle, ghastly, and sandshrew.  The top two will get the next two C-days.

15 hours ago, Nectaris said:

There is in-game news that the choices are weedle, squirtle, ghastly, and sandshrew.  The top two will get the next two C-days.

I'm okay with all of those except Squirtle. We already had that. Then again I'd only be okay with that if they brought back the Sunglasses Squirtle and its shiny. I was stupid and evolved my only shiny glasses. Still a neat Blastoise, but... dumb on my part.

Out of the 4 though, I'd have to say Weedle because it's the only new one and then Sandshrew because I love that shiny and want it more than Gastly. I already have two shiny Gengar. One with a hat and one from Raid day a few years back. I think he was the first raid day mon? Or was it one of the bird trio? I forget.

3 minutes ago, Syiren said:

I'm okay with all of those except Squirtle. We already had that. Then again I'd only be okay with that if they brought back the Sunglasses Squirtle and its shiny. I was stupid and evolved my only shiny glasses. Still a neat Blastoise, but... dumb on my part.

Out of the 4 though, I'd have to say Weedle because it's the only new one and then Sandshrew because I love that shiny and want it more than Gastly. I already have two shiny Gengar. One with a hat and one from Raid day a few years back. I think he was the first raid day mon? Or was it one of the bird trio? I forget.

I think the bird trio was first, but I could be mistaken.  While I am disappointed in the choices, I would be ok with anything but squirtle.  I have more than enough shinies of squirtle, I don't need any more.  I don't have any shiny sandshrew(I wonder if Alolan would be included, which would make it even better), I have one shiny gengar, I got a shiny gastly from a research task, but I need the other two.

With the research voting I'd be happy with anything but Gastly since I don't have shiny Squirtle, Weedle and Sandshrew...I have shiny Alolan Sandshrew but I wanted a non Alolan one. 

7 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

With the research voting I'd be happy with anything but Gastly since I don't have shiny Squirtle, Weedle and Sandshrew...I have shiny Alolan Sandshrew but I wanted a non Alolan one. 

The voting will be on twitter, not research.  While I personally like a poll better than the research, I wish it was on the app itself, or on their own site, not Twitter.  I hate the idea that if I want to have a voice I have to join another site.

On 5/19/2020 at 9:43 AM, Nectaris said:

I think the bird trio was first, but I could be mistaken.  While I am disappointed in the choices, I would be ok with anything but squirtle.  I have more than enough shinies of squirtle, I don't need any more.  I don't have any shiny sandshrew(I wonder if Alolan would be included, which would make it even better), I have one shiny gengar, I got a shiny gastly from a research task, but I need the other two.

I watched Trainer Tips talk about it. if we get Sandshrew, the Alolan will be available in raids during the event including shiny. which would be worth it. You'd get 4 shinies instead of 2, (evo's included) which is great! My vote's for Weedle and then Sandshrew!

I too would vote weedle, then sandshrew, if I could(I point blank refuse to join twitter).

In happy news though I got a shiny taillow!  I love that green bird.

I caught a Pikachu with a costume earlier in the afternoon. May I know what Pokémon is the costume?

Screenshot_20200521-161805.png

1 hour ago, georgexu94 said:

I caught a Pikachu with a costume earlier in the afternoon. May I know what Pokémon is the costume?

Screenshot_20200521-161805.png

That would be Rayquaza, a legendary mon from gen 3.

I got a shiny Shinx today out my breakthrough box, its the first time since they took the legendaries out of the box I got something even remotely good lol and yesterday during raid hour I actually got caught a Terrakion, took 4 raids but I got him.....just need a Cobalion for the full Musketeer trio :3

Also my stance on the vote still remains I'd vote anything but Gastly since out of the 4 that's the only one I have a shiny  😛

I'm playing less and less at the moment, somehow the game isn't as appealing right now. I play for mostly completing the pokedex and I have almost achieved it, only missing a couple of regionals and some of truly rare pokemon of Gen 5, so there's hardly anything left for me to do right now. Shiny hunting isn't that appealing to me so I'm just going to take it easy and wait for the next wave (haha, more like droplet) of new Gen 5 pokemon. :lol:

Also, I didn't finish the Kanto research challenge because I didn't know you'd get a special research if you completed all four of the challenges so I'm a bit bummed about that as well.

Also, @Nectaris I completely feel you, not going to join twitter to vote for a CD pokemon. I'd rather do the research task voting again.

sadly, I have Twitter (wish I didn't) but I only really use it when Discord goes down and my friend and I need to send links and or we need to check Discord's status. Like yesterday when the whole site went down. That was annoying. 

*blinks*

Apparently I just hatched a shiny nincada.  I had forgotten those were available and wasn't watching it hatch.  I just looked down and was like, "huh, it's gold".  Anyways, I am happy to have hatched it!

Hi, if anyone wants to add friends, here is my friend code.

And yes, I'm male but my avatar is female.

Screenshot_20200522-115138.png

Screenshot_20200522-115145.png

Niantic put in Squirtle because the CD one will have a special attack that is good for PvP. Because they are only doing c-days for exclusive moves that are hepful in pvp now. (urgh)

Since I don't like pvp, I would vote for Sandshrew or Weedle, because a) Weedle has no shiny yet and b) I do not have a shiny Sandshrew yet and I love that shiny.  I have a shiny Ghastly and 3 shiny Gengar (+2 with party hat) and enough Squirte from the cd, and I don't give a damn about pvp.

I think they want to keep Deino, Axew and Gible rare and that's why they don't get a C-Day. At least not for another year I guess. Because they want us to buy incubators to get them out of eggs, which sucks because all you get is f-ing Feebas or others you already have plenty of or can be found in the wild, like Swak and Throh. I guess it also has to do with some people complaining that there are no real rare pokemon because everything gets worthless by c-days? And they probably listened to those complainers and keep em rare. (I'm not one of them. I'd love to finally get a 90+ Gible or Deino to evolve for my dex but the very few that I get, maybe one every 3 months have crap IV. And yes, lucky trade doesn't work, luckies hate me and always end up being below 90.

3 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Niantic put in Squirtle because the CD one will have a special attack that is good for PvP. Because they are only doing c-days for exclusive moves that are hepful in pvp now. (urgh)

Since I don't like pvp, I would vote for Sandshrew or Weedle, because a) Weedle has no shiny yet and b) I do not have a shiny Sandshrew yet and I love that shiny.  I have a shiny Ghastly and 3 shiny Gengar (+2 with party hat) and enough Squirte from the cd, and I don't give a damn about pvp.

I am aware, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.  If anything, that makes it worse that they are catering so much to the pvp people.  They did the same thing during last vote, with dratini. 

I wish Feebas would leave the 10k pool myself.  I also get a ton of them, and though I love milotic, I have a hundo already and more than enough shinies.  I still have yet to even get an axew, good IVs or bad IVs.  Axew is one of my favorite gen5s, naturally.

I get nothing but Feebas from 10K eggs, wouldn't mind it if I could just get a shiny one, like somehow Feebas has boosted shiny odds still (apparently) and I still can't get one lol.

I do however have a single Axew so I'm semi happy with that....need 2 to have all it's stages for my living dex but eh.

Do we need a Twitter account to vote in the poll?

I sincerely hope not. I don't have Twitter account nor do I plan to create one