Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Got a shiny Dunsparce today.

And the Ho-Oh from the special research turned out a 93%. :D Better than the one I aready had. :)

Just got a 100IV hitmontop!

Oh, and my first pokestop nomination was approved!

Edited by Nectaris

leafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.png

Where can I get a Galarian Wheezing? I have been going up and down our city for that but just got regular ones. :lol: There is a lot of air pollution in Quezon City!

5 hours ago, georgexu94 said:

leafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.pngleafborderplz.png

Where can I get a Galarian Wheezing? I have been going up and down our city for that but just got regular ones. :lol: There is a lot of air pollution in Quezon City!

You can only get them from 4* raids, right now not at all because of other event raids.

Finished the Snubbull special research. I got no 100%, my best turned out a 96%, but I got 7 shinies. :)

I also got no hundo in the Snubbull thing, but I did get 5 shinies and 2 Anti-hundos (10-10-10 IV). Also I got a hundo Machop from the incense I was running for the research event, which I'll happily take over any hundo Snubbull.

Also for the Galarian Wheezing, I don't think I've seen it in raids in a while, but it will return eventually

Edited by Loebok

Thank you! It's a pity I saw them once at a raid but wasn't strong enough and have no group.

I just got a group recently [last March] and got an Alolan Raichu. :D It was awesome!

We'll just have to wait until the lockdown is over before going back to raids. Mm...

Edited by georgexu94

On 5/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, *Silver Fox* said:

Yeah, that may be the reason. Thanks for letting me know. :D 

yup! np. (also sorry or late reply)

-------

so yeah, the Kanto throwback was horrible for me. Not a single shiny in the research. Though I did catch a nice shiny charmander and Charizard hat pikachu. The johto throwback however was SUPER NICE! Gave me a shiny skarmory AND a shiny Ho-oh! I had a 93% shiny ho-oh already, but to get a second one was really awesome. now I can see if a friend of mine is still interested in trading for shiny lugia (crosses fingers)

Also this snubble research event.... just wow! Caught 4 shiny Snubble!

None of them have been kind to me.  No shinies for kanto week, and so far none from johto.  I admit I deliberately snubbed the snubbul research as I already have two shinies and I don't really like that mon.  If it was a mon I liked I might have gone after the research anyways.  The best I have gotten was a hundo hitmontop.

And I have FINALLY finished the genesect quest.  Probably would have taken me a few months to finish the ice mons task if it weren't for this event.

hopefully your luck improves. Nectaris. I think I sent you a gift earlier, hopefully you get something shiny if it drops an egg. I'm hoping we get a chance to get Kyogre in the next research throwback. I would reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally love a shiny kyogre. (I needz my purple whale) though nothing will replace my 98% lucky Tidalwave. 

on another note I totally lucked out and got a shiny voltorb! Shiny dunsparce though? oof. My seen count for it started in the 30's and now it's at 306 and no shiny. I'm not giving up though.

Got a 2nd shiny Dunsparce yesterday, and this morning I got a 100% Electrike from a research task. :)

11 hours ago, Syiren said:

hopefully your luck improves. Nectaris. I think I sent you a gift earlier, hopefully you get something shiny if it drops an egg. I'm hoping we get a chance to get Kyogre in the next research throwback. I would reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally love a shiny kyogre. (I needz my purple whale) though nothing will replace my 98% lucky Tidalwave. 

on another note I totally lucked out and got a shiny voltorb! Shiny dunsparce though? oof. My seen count for it started in the 30's and now it's at 306 and no shiny. I'm not giving up though.

Thanks!  I did get an egg, we will see.

From what I understand, Hoenn week will be groudon with fire punch. 

On 5/9/2020 at 1:29 PM, Idril said:

Finished the Snubbull special research. I got no 100%, my best turned out a 96%, but I got 7 shinies. :)

On 5/10/2020 at 12:05 AM, Syiren said:

Also this snubble research event.... just wow! Caught 4 shiny Snubble!

Just....how? I finished it and not a single shiny Snubbull D:, I did get a shiny Machop today though so that's something lol first shiny since Abra day.

Wouldv'e liked the shiny Venonat from last week or a Dunsparse though 

1 hour ago, smokeytripod said:

Just....how? I finished it and not a single shiny Snubbull D:, I did get a shiny Machop today though so that's something lol first shiny since Abra day.

Wouldv'e liked the shiny Venonat from last week or a Dunsparse though 

Dang... I am sorry. I wish they'd let us do long distance trading. I'd give you one of mine. I really want that shiny Venonat. It was my first ever shiny. got it during the bug catching contest and won with it. Named him "Blue Eyes" Still hunting Dunsparce, but no luck there either.

@Nectaris Awesome! Hope it hatches into something great. Groudon eh? Kyogre was so hard to catch when it was first released and then I missed when they released the shiny, yet I have two Shiny groudon. Maybe if I get a third i'll trade it to someone who needs it.

So it seems next Community Day will be Seedot. I actually really like this. I've been looking for a good Seedot for Ultra League PVP for a while, and apparently Shiftry is also a beast in Great League, even though getting a good one for that would be a bit harder.

So the community day news didn't mention shiny Seedot...unless they can already be shiny? I never see them in my parts anyway(I don't even have a Nuzleaf) so will be a nice mon for community day. regardless

3 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

So the community day news didn't mention shiny Seedot...unless they can already be shiny? I never see them in my parts anyway(I don't even have a Nuzleaf) so will be a nice mon for community day. regardless

I also believe when I first read the news post that nothing was said about a shiny, just checked again and at least now it does

Ok, so I rarely participate in the raid hour, but today I did.

And just look what I got!

Woohoo!

955EB278-FAF8-4099-ADC5-ED4B7D9206ED.png

On 5/13/2020 at 7:44 PM, Nectaris said:

Ok, so I rarely participate in the raid hour, but today I did.

And just look what I got!

Woohoo!

955EB278-FAF8-4099-ADC5-ED4B7D9206ED.png

Seriously congrats!! is so jealous I went raiding and I did manage to get a 100% weather boosted one. Totally happy about that. :D

Why do you all expect shinies from the research tasks? I haven't gotten any yet, and I am not expecting any. But The legendaries from there had really nice IV so far (98, 93, 93) so that's great, considering they are a one-time thing with special attacks, that's awesome.

Some more updates:  got a shiny 93% Dunsparce (woah!)

a 100% Verizon (weatherboosted), a 100% Girathina (no shinies tho)

Snubull day gave me 2 shinies (I had 2 already before the event so.. eh) and the best was 93% which didn't beat the 96% I already had. So uh... the event it didn't turn out very good. 

1 hour ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Why do you all expect shinies from the research tasks? I haven't gotten any yet, and I am not expecting any. But The legendaries from there had really nice IV so far (98, 93, 93) so that's great, considering they are a one-time thing with special attacks, that's awesome.

Not from the tasks themselves, but just during the event.  And it was less expect(at least for me), than hoping for one.  Up until virizion, I had not had a non-community day shiny in almost a month, despite being quite active.

In other news though, I got a shiny skitty last night!

Edited by Nectaris

2 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

I mean from something like the Snubbull research I wasn't expecting a shiny, but at the same time when people are getting 5+ shinies doing the same things I do kinda find it BS how I can have such terrible luck lol.

Then these throwback researches getting a shiny just doesn't bother me since I have none of the rewards except Ho-Oh, although with Groudon and whatever comes up next I would prefer a non shiny first 😛

In other news I caught a shiny Totodile yesterday like 10 mins before the Hoenn event started and removed all the spawns....so that was lucky I guess lol.

Edited by smokeytripod

5 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

I've been playing pokemon since I got my first gameboy in 2002, and I've been a fan of the series since it came to the US in the late 90's. When I play the games I've sometimes gotten shinys and its such a great feeling when you see those sparkles. It adds that extra challenge when you become a shiny hunter. 

When pokemon go added them in it was awesome and it gives me that rush, that thrill of the hunt. it's how I play and how I enjoy it.I love filling the dex and I love getting great IV's, but nothing beats the joy of getting a shiny. Best part is, I react the same to any shiny. From Pikachu to Groudon to Caterpie. 

I don't expect shinies from the tasks, but there is a boosted rate for them I believe. (at least I think for the Ho-oh? could be wrong.) I didn't get any shinys from the Kanto throwback so it's unclear. 

6 hours ago, Syiren said:

I've been playing pokemon since I got my first gameboy in 2002, and I've been a fan of the series since it came to the US in the late 90's. When I play the games I've sometimes gotten shinys and its such a great feeling when you see those sparkles. It adds that extra challenge when you become a shiny hunter. 

When pokemon go added them in it was awesome and it gives me that rush, that thrill of the hunt. it's how I play and how I enjoy it.I love filling the dex and I love getting great IV's, but nothing beats the joy of getting a shiny. Best part is, I react the same to any shiny. From Pikachu to Groudon to Caterpie. 

I don't expect shinies from the tasks, but there is a boosted rate for them I believe. (at least I think for the Ho-oh? could be wrong.) I didn't get any shinys from the Kanto throwback so it's unclear. 

Well, I wasn't talking about expecting shinies in general. I am a shiny hunter as well and I have like, 380, many of them are duplicates tho. I was talking about people being disappointed that they did not get any shiny from the weekly event research tasks. I mean, many people just got a shiny Absol from my WhatsApp groups and that's great for them! I haven't gotten any from the 3 event weeks quests so far and idk... I still don't expect any. The Snubull day was something else, as it was an event by itself where I already knew that the shiny rate was boosted. I expected shinies there and got some.

2 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Well, I wasn't talking about expecting shinies in general. I am a shiny hunter as well and I have like, 380, many of them are duplicates tho. I was talking about people being disappointed that they did not get any shiny from the weekly event research tasks. I mean, many people just got a shiny Absol from my WhatsApp groups and that's great for them! I haven't gotten any from the 3 event weeks quests so far and idk... I still don't expect any. The Snubull day was something else, as it was an event by itself where I already knew that the shiny rate was boosted. I expected shinies there and got some.

Ahh~ I see. my bad. I misunderstood. I mainly expect shinies because a few youtubers I watch are getting good shiny odds and many of their viewers are as well. I watch Trainer Tips, but I mostly enjoy Zoe2Dots and JT Valor.