Jump to content
Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Recommended Posts

Yep, I've done 4 remote raids today,  two solo (Timburr) and two with a bunch of people. We used WhatsApp to organize the start time, as usual and it went "smoothly" (some people had displaying issues etc. but could still catch the legendary)

 

The remote raids are awesome, I can see 19 (!)  gyms from home, some of which are at the very edge of my view radius, but it works.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

The remote raids are awesome, I can see 19 (!)  gyms from home, some of which are at the very edge of my view radius, but it works.

 

Oh wow lucky, I have (1) haha.

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

Yep, I've done 4 remote raids today,  two solo (Timburr) and two with a bunch of people. We used WhatsApp to organize the start time, as usual and it went "smoothly" (some people had displaying issues etc. but could still catch the legendary)

 

The remote raids are awesome, I can see 19 (!)  gyms from home, some of which are at the very edge of my view radius, but it works.


I can see 9 gyms from my home but whenever I click on one where a raid has spawned(mostly going for Darkrai atm) it always shows 0 people in the lobby so I just don't bother, or does it put me and other people together once I actually use my pass? 

Share this post


Link to post

I can only see two from my home.  I have only been home in the morning and late at night.  No one has been active on the one raid I have seen.

Share this post


Link to post

well, that was a nice surprise. Was sitting at my desk letting an incense go and got a shiny Koffing. That was one I didn't have. ^_^

 

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, smokeytripod said:


I can see 9 gyms from my home but whenever I click on one where a raid has spawned(mostly going for Darkrai atm) it always shows 0 people in the lobby so I just don't bother, or does it put me and other people together once I actually use my pass? 

 

Hmm... whenever I entered, it took a while for the number to actually appear on the gym (before putting in a raid/remote pass)  after people said they are going in, but it was there, maybe after 20 seconds or so.

 

Whenever I check a legendary raid that just opened, there aren't any people there, so I don't bother. I have those organized WhatsApp groups anyways, so I know where ans when a raid will be.

 

Also, I did a 1 star raid that was close to end (6min left) today per remote and didn't pay much attention, but after it ended, I saw that at least 2 other people had joined me.

 

 

Edit: I suggest you could observe the raid for a while. check back every :X0 or :X5 of the hour. Organized groups do a raid sometimes with 15mins overall raid time left. so if teh raid starts at 15:16, look right at the start, at 15:20 at 15:30 at 15:45 etc.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Share this post


Link to post

There's a massive problem with these remote raid passes. I tried using one and it kept kicking me out. I normally never see that problem unless my signal is bad, but I've got a full signal. It kicked me out 4 times and the last time the raid time ran out as I tried to get back into the battle which counted me in, but wouldn't let me back in. Glad the pass I used came from the 3 for one coin package. I'm not spending more on them.

 

Also irritated at another group that tried a different raid. I'm level 40. found out the 4 of them were all low level. This happened 'during' the battle. The strongest one was level 16. Two were level 5 and the other was level 12. They thought they could beat Darkrai. The level 16 lied to me and said he had beaten level 4 and 5 raids with two people. (possible at level 40, but not level 16) Then I watched as he and one of the level 5's just stands there and doesn't battle while I'm carrying the most weight. I stopped fighting and they looked at me as if I'm the one who was in the wrong. I told him, "We're not beating this, your levels are too low."  He gave me a dirty look and I walked off and waited for another group to join.

 

I never bash a player because their level is too low, but I've got no tolerance for crappy attitudes.

Share this post


Link to post

Oof. People like that are terrible. Did they really believe one sole lvl 40 could beat a 4 or 5 alone? No. No you can not. Sounds like those are new players who don't understand the game at all and want to be carried.

 

EDIT: I could be that the low level are just burning through Pokemon and because they don't want all their Pokemon dead or do not have many, so they do not re-join the raid with a different team and wait for the others to finish it. Probably the reason why they stopped attacking. But level 5 also sounds fishy? It'l like, you JUST created the account maybe an hour ago. You level up super fast, so if they have done any raid before, it's impossible to be lvl 5.

 

I'm glad that my local community is mostly good lvl 40 players. Also, I mostly/only attend raids with people I kind of know, through the WhatsApp groups.

I once joined a group of 6! players (that I was unfamiliar with) that tried to beat Alolan-Marowack, but they were already fighting. They then said, they ran out of time and I could beat it with them on the next try. Talk about luck. But I was pretty impressed that 6 people couldn't beat a level 4 raid. Their level was "low" (around 30) and some had connection issues, so that was still kind of reasonable.

Edit: Also, we always ask which level the others are if we are less than five, because nobody wants to pay a dollar for nothing, so we always make sure we are good enough to beat the raid.

 

@Syiren

I've heard that raids have a cap of 10 remote-players attending at once. Maybe that's why you had all those problems? It works just fine for me and I have done like, 15 remote level 5 raids by now.

Or did you attend a low tier raid alone and it kicked you out? I haven't had a problem with that.

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, the lvl 5 players looked like they didn't really know what they were doing. the level 12 seemed more embarrassed and was quiet, but the lvl 16 was the problem. I wanted to invite the lvl 12 to join with the others, but his friend made it impossible.

 

As for the limit cap, I did not know that. Still, it'd be nice if it let me know, "Hey, there's too many, we can't let you join" instead of taking the pass and not letting me in. That's what angered me, and it was a Darkrai raid for both. I'm still trying to get that shiny. Though, I did get a 96% one earlier, so that was nice.

Share this post


Link to post

The problem that I've been having with the remote raids is that I haven't seen anyone in the raid lobbies when a raid pops up.  I don't want to waste a raid pass when I'm the only one running them (especially since I'm only level 31), so I just haven't gone in.  😕

Share this post


Link to post

@Syiren I found out that iOS users do have a problem regarding raids. (I have an android phone, so that doesn't regard me) and for some people it helped to set the language of the app to English. Maybe try that if you run it on a different language?

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

Share this post


Link to post

@Shakura Kazuki actually I use a Galaxy phone, so I'm also android. I hope its an issue that they'll fix soon because it's a lot easier to raid atm with the remote raid ability. 

Share this post


Link to post

I finished the timed research already, and in doing so completed my Kanto Dex! 

Share this post


Link to post

Anyone who has me added (Kaini) and is sufficiently friends with me wanna battle me real quick? For that research.

 

Edit: Got it thank you!

Edited by Kaini

Share this post


Link to post

Does anyone have the issue of not being able to even open the game on iOS since the software update where we switched to iOS 11? I haven't been able to even open the game for months, it keeps crashing every time I try, and it says that the game is compatible to the software update.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Does anyone have the issue of not being able to even open the game on iOS since the software update where we switched to iOS 11? I haven't been able to even open the game for months, it keeps crashing every time I try, and it says that the game is compatible to the software update.

I did find this link. I hope it helps.

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/?p=web&s=troubleshooting&f=troubleshooting-guide-ios

Share this post


Link to post

I tried literally everything from this link (and it's not the first time of me doing it either), and still nothing. I can't even open the app. The moment I see the Niantic screen it crashes, and what's more, it isn't the only game with the same issue on my phone. Half of them don't work anymore. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I tried literally everything from this link (and it's not the first time of me doing it either), and still nothing. I can't even open the app. The moment I see the Niantic screen it crashes, and what's more, it isn't the only game with the same issue on my phone. Half of them don't work anymore. :( 

 

Hm.. maybe try to delete the game and install it new?  Is your phone an older model?

Share this post


Link to post

I've also encountered a very weird glitch. Yesterday I wanted to try a different hair color on my Avatar, but accidentally switched to the girl character. When I tried switching back, I just got an error message. I've searched for this on the internet and it seems you can't fix that in any way. Guess I'm a girl now haha

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

 

Hm.. maybe try to delete the game and install it new?  Is your phone an older model?

 

I tried it multiple times too. I have an iPhone 7 but everything worked just fine until iOS software 11 was installed.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

 

I tried it multiple times too. I have an iPhone 7 but everything worked just fine until iOS software 11 was installed.

I remember my ex co-worker talking about her iphone and how she had to upgrade it because once it gets to a certain number they stop supporting a few numbers below it. i'm not sure if that's the issue, but it may be worth looking into.

Share this post


Link to post

Took me about 2 hours but I finally managed to find a Geodude for one of the last tasks on that Kanto research(they just weren't spawning today) and now I finally have a Mewtwo :D 

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/3/2020 at 1:10 PM, Loebok said:

I've also encountered a very weird glitch. Yesterday I wanted to try a different hair color on my Avatar, but accidentally switched to the girl character. When I tried switching back, I just got an error message. I've searched for this on the internet and it seems you can't fix that in any way. Guess I'm a girl now haha

 

Oh no. I would hate that SO MUCH.* I hope you can deal with that.

 

*Im a girl myself but I prefer male avatars in any games

 

Share this post


Link to post

i once had it when it was just released in south america but had to delete it, as my mom didnt want me to play it. i only got a charmander, so anyways it wasnt too bad. some months after i installed it back but as i was the most part of the time in home or school (no phones permitted, sheesh!) there was nothing to catch, so again, deleted it and never reinstalled again. but some days ago one of my teachers was giving the online class from its phone and we got to see his lucario background and the "pokemon go is running" in its notification tab. i think he blushed a little when one of my friends asked him about the level of its starter, he said nothing XD 

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

 

Oh no. I would hate that SO MUCH.* I hope you can deal with that.

 

*Im a girl myself but I prefer male avatars in any games

 

It's a little irritating, sure, but in the end it doesn't really make a difference as I can play the game just fine. Also, we joke around it quite a bit too. Yesterday I was out with a friend and he said "Yea, let's do out trades now. Oh wait, some girl invited to me to trade, gotta trade with her first" :D It's just a really weird glitch.

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.