Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I didn't get very far.  Did the first task and then all the fire mons disappeared.  Not feeling well, so I wasn't about to go out hunting.

I can't even pass the first task because I see no normal types at all....seeing plenty of other types though :/

I was out for a few hours today (we are still allowed to take walks as long as we go alone or with people we live together, and ov course keep an at east 1m distance from other people, and the streets are practically deserted, so I was walking on my own anyway) mainly to fill up my item bag (I'm so out of pokeballs and berries) and do some catching for the special research. I got a shiny Skarmory from the research and caught a wild shiny Snower. :D

I so need a pokestop at my house. :(

Edited by Idril

Well finally got the game to work, but now I'm completely out of balls :D Somehow I burned through all 300 I had. Aaand can't get out to stops to get more.... so.... gifts only.

So I STILL havent passed the first bit of the Genesect research due to lack of any normal types spawning, I need 2 more and frankly I refuse to use up my incense until us lot go on actual lockdown lol....but I did manage to catch a shiny Pidgey lol

Edited by smokeytripod

Well they have made some more adjustments to help people stuck at home. I just wish they would make the mons spawn at my house like they used to.  I used to have two or three, sometimes even four.  Now I have ONE, even with the increased spawn rates.  Very rare for their to be two, and is usually due to standing in the right spot in my yard.

I just wish they'd increase the radius at which we can even see and interact with Pokémon.  My apartment complex gets a lot of Pokémon, but there's usually only one that's in range of my apartment.  If that spot doesn't have anything on it, I have to hope the GPS glitches and has me move a little bit north to the point where there are several spawn points so I can catch one.

An increased radius or maybe even a temporary joystick mode so we can make our character slowly walk around would be nice so we can stay home and catch Pokemon and maybe spin stops....granted stops, balls etc are not much of a problem for me since im an "essential worker" and I have a stop right outside the store I work in so I can farm it for gifts, balls etc then I have 4 gyms I control 95% of the time that I have gold medals in where I walk my dog so again more stuff lol.

Also if any of you have gifts from me (Lloyd8814) and you are in need of balls can you open my gifts since I can get about 25 or so during the day while I'm working lol.

Edited by smokeytripod

I have a spawncluster at home, with 5 + Pokemon spawning and two Pokestops, but my character stands in just 5 meter away from BOTH Stops, so I can only reach them with lots of luck once an hour if my gps bugs around. It's frustrating and I hate them... I could've gotten a Pokestop right where my character stands but it's in the same S7 cell than the one I can't reach so they accepted it but didn't put it on the map. Urgh.

Also uh, I might have bought 600 Pokeballs to get the Genesect quest done because I ran out of Pokeballs far too early and it's really frustrating not to be able to catch the hoard of pokemon that spawn at my cluster.

3 hours ago, Shakura Kazuki said:

I have a spawncluster at home, with 5 + Pokemon spawning and two Pokestops, but my character stands in just 5 meter away from BOTH Stops, so I can only reach them with lots of luck once an hour if my gps bugs around. It's frustrating and I hate them... I could've gotten a Pokestop right where my character stands but it's in the same S7 cell than the one I can't reach so they accepted it but didn't put it on the map. Urgh.

Also uh, I might have bought 600 Pokeballs to get the Genesect quest done because I ran out of Pokeballs far too early and it's really frustrating not to be able to catch the hoard of pokemon that spawn at my cluster.

That’s what kills me about the low spawn rate at my house.  Despite being in the middle of nowhere my parents house has a spawn point that regularly has five or more. But NO I am stuck at my house with a stop two blocks down and a single mom spawning.

Also, I got through the third task and naturally all the electric mons have disappeared.  They were everywhere when I didn’t need them.

3 hours ago, Nectaris said:

That’s what kills me about the low spawn rate at my house.  Despite being in the middle of nowhere my parents house has a spawn point that regularly has five or more. But NO I am stuck at my house with a stop two blocks down and a single mom spawning.

Also, I got through the third task and naturally all the electric mons have disappeared.  They were everywhere when I didn’t need them.

Yeah, nothing spawns at my house because the apartment complex was only built about six months ago - pokemon go considers it an empty field, so nothing spawns. :v

Am also having trouble getting electric types with just incense :v

14 hours ago, Nectaris said:

10 hours ago, Kaini said:

Am also having trouble getting electric types with just incense :v

I'm still stuck trying to find water types D: also not seen a single electric since the increased spawns stopped so that's going to be fun....

Plusle and Minun spawn plentyful for electric As well as Seal, Shellder and Surskit for water, also Barboach if weather is sunny. Only ice Pokemon I see often is Snover. What's rare is fire. I have found one Growlithe today, but that's it.

Edit: Oh wait, I found like 10 Sun-Castform today which are fire. But you need the right weather. :(

Edited by Shakura Kazuki

1 coin for 100 pokeballs in the store. 

Anyone encounter a funny name for a pokemon that another trainer named?

Got a shiny sentret today while walking Jellybean!  

Man all the Solosis and Gothita I've seen in the event today are utter trash, got enough candy to at least get each ones second stage but I don't have any worth evolving lol.

Also I always thought Gothita was female only....seems a bit odd that I have a male one when they are blatantly females lol.

Edited by smokeytripod

True.. but then again, there’s Gardevoir and Kirlia.

Also, I haven’t been able to catch anything for the event since the app can’t get my GPS signal 

10 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

Man all the Solosis and Gothita I've seen in the event today are utter trash, got enough candy to at least get each ones second stage but I don't have any worth evolving lol.

Also I always thought Gothita was female only....seems a bit odd that I have a male one when they are blatantly females lol.

Considering you can get a female Mr Mime...

Yeah, I have also seen tons of the two new mons, I have seen enough of the solosis to evolve one all the way, but no one worth evolving yet.

Hi Lloyd

I am posting so you know I sent the friend request from DC and also so I won't forget to nickname you smokeytripod.

I caught like, 50 Solosis in 1h yesterday, they were everywhere. I got two 3 Stars but still not worth evolving 😕 (82% and 84%) I have almost enough candies to evolve two. Haven'seen many Gothita yet tho.

I finally got a 3 star Solosis lol, I mean it's no hundo or anything but it'll do for my needs....only need 9 more candy to fully evolve it too.On the flip side I've not seen a single Gothita today so that'll take a while to get.

Also not seen a shiny Baltoy yet and am instread seeing hundreds of Exeggcute which i'm fairly sure can't even be shiny >.<

48 minutes ago, smokeytripod said:

On the flip side I've not seen a single Gothita today so that'll take a while to get.

Gothita only spawns at night.

Finally, finally caught a ditto, I've been stuck on two special research tasks, now i can continue with them.

Crud, found two voltorbs and they were BOTH dittos.  I was excited as I STILL need electric mons for the genesect quest.

I also need electric types for the Genesect and instead have ended up with 8 more Dittos which were supposed to be Voltorbs so far >.<.

Also really wish the expanded gym distance thing was also applied to normal stops as that way I could score a field research and an extra gift since both getting research and gifting will slow down from me due to being off work for 2 weeks now lol.