Jump to content
Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Recommended Posts

There's still about 30 minutes before Community Day starts in my area :v I haven't been able to step out for some Pokemon lately. Hopefully I can get a couple things tonight.

Share this post


Link to post

I ended up with four shinies today!  None with good IVs.  In fact, I had very few even normal ones with good IVs.

Share this post


Link to post

I had one of the most successful CDs ever with over 700 candy, five shinies and some regulars with very good IVs. Have two Swampert now, one strong regular one and one decent shiny.

Share this post


Link to post

I haven't even taken part in the Mudkip CD, I forgot about it.

Share this post


Link to post

I actually managed to get a shiny Mudkip in the hour or so I got to play in community day, he's got trash tier CP and 0/3 stars in the new system but he's shiny lol.
Also managed to get enough to have 2 normal kips, 1 Marshtomp and 73 candies so almost got 2 kips and a Swampert....not bad considering I'm yet to see a Mudkip outside of yesterday

Share this post


Link to post

YES it's Ralts for August community day!!!!!! What a birthday present, Ralts is my favorite shiny :)

Share this post


Link to post

Eh, I really don't care for ralts that much, I was really hoping for trapinch, it is my favorite shiny.  On the other hand, we are talking about August here, so I likely wouldn't be able to hunt that long even if I wanted to, so it probably is a good thing it is a mon I don't care for much.

 

In other news, I hatched a second shiny budew!  That means I now have a complete collection of the roselia line!

Share this post


Link to post

Yesterday was my Birthday and I caught Shiny Straw Hat Pika and Shiny Krabby wuhuhu xD.

Share this post


Link to post

Yay, Ralts for CD is awesome! I already have a fairly good Gardevoir but no Gallade and no shinies. And it's my day off, so lots of time to go hunting!

Share this post


Link to post

Looking forward to Ralts day since I've only gotten 1 so far and it's a male so I'll hopefully get enough for a Gallade (my favorite of the 2 Ralts final evolutions) and maybe work towards a Gardevoir 

Share this post


Link to post

I really hope this Ralts CD goes well, I really want a lot of ralts and shinies. They are so lovely! ❣️

Share this post


Link to post

I'm enjoying the Team Rocket stuff.  Their mons are ridiculously strong though.  The first one I fought had a snorlax, a charizard, and a dragonite.  They just tore through my mons.  I was afraid that they would all be that tough.  Then I found some that had some that were considerably easier, if rather strong for what they were.

Share this post


Link to post

Haven't seen any team rocket yet :(

 

I do need one new friend for a mission, so here's my number if you wanna add me! 9535 6166 0814

Share this post


Link to post

I was able to run through all of the Team Rocket quests rather quickly. I did run into the trouble of some Shadow Pokemon being strong, too.

 

As for the Ralts Community Day, I'm excited. There's a local Discord group that I'm part of and they're trying to organize everyone for a CD event. The group wants to enter for a chance to host Niantic Live 2020.

Share this post


Link to post

I couldn't participate in the Mudkip CD this weekend which bummed me out a bit, I really wanted a shiny Kip! I ran into a team Rocket stop yesterday and caught their Squirtle. I like that the battle system is implemented to more things, not just trainer battles! I'd like to go outside and try to find more Rocket stops but we're having a heat wave so I have to stay indoors for now.

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

I've not seen Team Rocket yet either, but like if you do see them do you HAVE to battle them to spin the stop or can you spin it anyway and ignore them? it's just I get 1 day a week where I can hit a bunch of stops and I'd hate to miss some because i was battling team rocket from another (and I'm usually in a car so i can't stop each battle lol)

 

6 hours ago, Kaini said:

Haven't seen any team rocket yet :(

 

I do need one new friend for a mission, so here's my number if you wanna add me! 9535 6166 0814


I added you :p...like I'm sure I said before here to others I am slow with gifts due to simply not getting many so yeah lol

Edited by smokeytripod

Share this post


Link to post

I'm excited for Ralts CD in August! However the shadow pokemon are way too hard to beat, insanely strong. I struggled to beat two Bulbasaurs and one Venusaur with a party of lvl40 Dragonite, Tyranitar and Rhyperior. That is way too demanding.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, smokeytripod said:

I've not seen Team Rocket yet either, but like if you do see them do you HAVE to battle them to spin the stop or can you spin it anyway and ignore them? it's just I get 1 day a week where I can hit a bunch of stops and I'd hate to miss some because i was battling team rocket from another (and I'm usually in a car so i can't stop each battle lol)

 

You don't have to battle them :) You still get the one spin to turn the stop from blue to purple. However, after that first spin, the grunt will pop up and you'll have the option to either battle or leave. If you do not battle, you won't be able to spin that specific stop for additional items until you do (and win).

 

2 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I'm excited for Ralts CD in August! However the shadow pokemon are way too hard to beat, insanely strong. I struggled to beat two Bulbasaurs and one Venusaur with a party of lvl40 Dragonite, Tyranitar and Rhyperior. That is way too demanding.

I noticed that some of the Shadow Pokemon have a range of different CP, from some 1000 to 5600--which I was able to defeat with a 2500-2600 CP Pokemon. It's less about CP strength and more about Type advantages. In your case, Grass is super effective against Rock and Ground types; both Tyranitar and Rhyperior are Rock and Ground/Rock types respectively.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

I'm excited for Ralts CD in August! However the shadow pokemon are way too hard to beat, insanely strong. I struggled to beat two Bulbasaurs and one Venusaur with a party of lvl40 Dragonite, Tyranitar and Rhyperior. That is way too demanding.

 

There must be different tiers of grunts or something, because the one I fought just now was laughably easy? I beat them with my first pokemon without even losing half its health.

 

The grunt had a rattata, a charmander and a charmeleon. I beat it with a 36 gyarados.

Share this post


Link to post

the phrase they say before fighting you, tells you which team u will fight, however, there is differents league (super,ultra,master) I heard that if u already has premade teams of for example master league, the rocket pokemon will send u directly against their master league pokemons.

 

some of the phrases are like this: 

  • BUG - Go, my super bug Pokémon!
  • DARK - Wherever is a light, there is also shadow.
  • DRAGON - ROAR! ... How'd that sound?
  • ELETRIC - Get ready to be shocked!
  • FAIRY - Check out my cute Pokémon!
  • FIGHTING - This buff physique isn't just for show!
  • FIRE - Do you know how hot Pokémon fire breath can get?
  • FLYING - My bird Pokémon wants to battle with you!
  • GHOST - Ke...ke...ke...ke...ke...ke!
  • GRASS - Don't tangle with us!
  • GROUND - You'll be defeated into the ground!
  • ICE - You're gonna be frozen in your tracks.
  • NORMAL - Normal doesn't mean weak.
  • POISON - Coiled and ready to strike!
  • PSYCHIC - Are you scared of physics that use unseen power?
  • ROCK - Let's rock and roll!
  • STEEL - You're no match for my iron will!
  • WATER - These waters are treacherous!

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Rousalka said:

the phrase they say before fighting you, tells you which team u will fight, however, there is differents league (super,ultra,master) I heard that if u already has premade teams of for example master league, the rocket pokemon will send u directly against their master league pokemons.

 

some of the phrases are like this: 

  • BUG - Go, my super bug Pokémon!
  • DARK - Wherever is a light, there is also shadow.
  • DRAGON - ROAR! ... How'd that sound?
  • ELETRIC - Get ready to be shocked!
  • FAIRY - Check out my cute Pokémon!
  • FIGHTING - This buff physique isn't just for show!
  • FIRE - Do you know how hot Pokémon fire breath can get?
  • FLYING - My bird Pokémon wants to battle with you!
  • GHOST - Ke...ke...ke...ke...ke...ke!
  • GRASS - Don't tangle with us!
  • GROUND - You'll be defeated into the ground!
  • ICE - You're gonna be frozen in your tracks.
  • NORMAL - Normal doesn't mean weak.
  • POISON - Coiled and ready to strike!
  • PSYCHIC - Are you scared of physics that use unseen power?
  • ROCK - Let's rock and roll!
  • STEEL - You're no match for my iron will!
  • WATER - These waters are treacherous!

 

This is going to be super helpful, thanks! However, I think that one time I got the fire quote and so I chose the water types. In the end I realized that not one shadow pokemon was a fire type, which confused me. Btw I also battled against team Rocket a couple of times today and they were all ridiculously easy, unlike yesterday when I was even defeated brutally. I don't know what happened.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Share this post


Link to post

Posted (edited)

59 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

 

This is going to be super helpful, thanks! However, I think that one time I got the fire quote and so I chose the water types. In the end I realized that not one shadow pokemon was a fire type, which confused me. Btw I also battled against team Rocket a couple of times to day and they were all ridiculously easy, unlike yesterday when I was even defeated brutally. I don't know what happened.

 

I'm intrigued about the fire quote situation. I know that can mean the strongest of the three pokemons, like 2 of another type and one very strong of fire. but none of fire type that's strange. I still haven't fight Rocket team (it has been raining where I live these days) so I'm just talking from what I read from others more than my own experience.

Edited by Rousalka

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Rousalka said:

 

I'm intrigued about the fire quote situation. I know that can mean the strongest of the three pokemons, like 2 of another type and one very strong of fire. but none of fire type that's strange. I still haven't fight Rocket team (it has been raining where I live these days) so I'm just talking from what I read from others more than my own experience.

 

Maybe it was a glitch, or what's more likely I don't remember well because I've fought so many times yesterday that I lost track of it, especially because I had to fight the same grunt more than once.

Share this post


Link to post

I love the Team Rocket stuff, it's so much fun to do, especially with the new battle mechanics! I have done almost ten by now but no strong grunts with Snorlax or Dragonite for me yet :lol: I'd really like to try my hands on those.

 

I was lucky enough to get one shiny Mudkip on CD, even though I wasn't able to play much, and it's even got two stars. I'm not that excited about Ralts either, since I don't particularly like neither evolution, I do hope we'll get a Trapinch CD as well!

Share this post


Link to post

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.