Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

5 hours ago, Gluria said:

I started playing Pokémon GO two weeks ago when I got my new phone.

Reached level 20 today and I'm having a lot of fun, even though some progress really is slow.

Also, I need more friends. Is it possible to be friends with people from other countries? If yes, I'll be happy to share my trainer code, I need more friends :)

I've got my friend code posted a few pages back, but I can easily repost it, if you'd like. I don't mind adding more friends.

Thanks, sounds good!

I'll just leave my trainer code here for anyone who wants more friends: 4272 7617 8486 :)

9 hours ago, Gluria said:

Thanks, sounds good!

I'll just leave my trainer code here for anyone who wants more friends: 4272 7617 8486 :)

friend invitation sent. ^_^

And I chickened out.  I had the PERFECT opportunity for a trade, but I just couldn't bring myself to say something.  It was after work and I saw a raid about to happen, I rushed over to get a mon in the gym before the raid triggered.  There were a few people, including an old highschool friend of mine, waiting for the raid.  I did the raid, and a second regirock raid that was happening at the same time(I couldn't catch either of them, blegh). 

Guys, the Moltres event has started and will continue for the next 2 and a half hours! One of my friends already has three shiny moltres. ...I'm jelly.

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!! @Nectaris @Gluria @Wolfs_Bane @obelisk_light @Kaini @hedy @catzrule1990 @Chococat0815 @Zinogre @Peachycupcake525 @*Silver Fox* Everyone!! I know I forgot people to tag, but have you read what's coming?! Kanto regionals hatching from Eggs! We can complete out Kanto dex Finally! And MEWTWO is coming to NORMAL raids! No more needing EX passes!

I just hope he also has a chance to be shiny! I love purple, but Green Mewtwo is awesome!

Ah sweet! I've got all the regionals (thanks to some sweet friends), but I don't have mewtwo yet! I've had pretty rotten luck trying to get an EX pass, so this is AWESOME. 8D

I didn't even know there was something like regionals until now, still a newbie :D

(Though I leveled up to 21 pretty fast and I did so much walking during the past two weeks, it's amazing XD)

Thank you for all the gifts, I'm a bit short atm as I haven't been in town for a few days where the Pokestops are.

Where I live I have to walk half an hour to get three pokestops. 🙄

YES I SAW THE EGG THING I am so PUMPED for regionals! Give me!!! I gotta hurry up and hatch my current eggs then I'm going wild.

14 minutes ago, Gluria said:

I didn't even know there was something like regionals until now, still a newbie :D

(Though I leveled up to 21 pretty fast and I did so much walking during the past two weeks, it's amazing XD)

Thank you for all the gifts, I'm a bit short atm as I haven't been in town for a few days where the Pokestops are.

Where I live I have to walk half an hour to get three pokestops. 🙄

Yeah, Regionals are pokemon that can only be obtained from certain parts of the world. This event only counts for kanto atm, but pokemon like Tauros, Mr. Mime, Far Fetched, Kangaskawn (I forget if they're are anymore Kanto mon) can be obtained through I believe it said 7Km eggs? I just need Mr. Mime as someone was really nice and traded me a Kanga a few weeks ago.

We're also getting the three birds coming to raids again and they also have a chance to be shiny. That's why I said I hope Mewtwo gets the same treatment.

@Kaini I'm beyond excited myself! Now I just gotta make more room. Why don't they expand the pokemon storage space already?

Edited by Syiren

I'm super pumped about the egg thing, that is what I had HOPED that 7k eggs would be when they first showed up.  I thought it would be an incentive to get friends from across the globe.

I'm also excited about mewtwo!  It will also be a chance to get the shiny birds I missed, as the weather was bad last Saturday and I misunderstood when the articuno event was.

6 hours ago, Syiren said:

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!! @Nectaris @Gluria @Wolfs_Bane @obelisk_light @Kaini @hedy @catzrule1990 @Chococat0815 @Zinogre @Peachycupcake525 @*Silver Fox* Everyone!! I know I forgot people to tag, but have you read what's coming?! Kanto regionals hatching from Eggs! We can complete out Kanto dex Finally! And MEWTWO is coming to NORMAL raids! No more needing EX passes!

I just hope he also has a chance to be shiny! I love purple, but Green Mewtwo is awesome!

Yes, I saw that!! The only thing I will not have is the Mewtwo. As I have no one to do raid battles with! ><; I've also got 8 eggs I need to hatch before Thursday.

WB

8 hours ago, Syiren said:

That's great! I hope I don't take forever to hatch Kangaskhan. (Like a few others here, I'm also a solitary player so I don't have a chance of getting Mewtwo.)

The regional egg update is AMAZING! I hope they add Gen 2 regionals soon too, I can't wait to have my own Tropius :wub: I still don't know if I'll be able to get a Mewtwo from raids, I don't think it's possible to beat it with just three players? Well, we'll see! 

Yes, I've seen it!!! I can't possibly wait! ❤️ Also I had a terrific day today:

I was out in the city to get my favourite donuts downtown and I was playing Pokemon GO! on my way there, thinking how bummed I am that I never had a chance to get a Spinda as I never got that task from spinning pokestops, and I've seen players with their own Spinda in gyms. I was spinning pokestop after pokestop and at some point I came across a brand new one: "Make a great curveball throw". As soon as I completed it I had to tap to get the prize - and to my surprise, it was a Spinda. :blink: Afterwards I got that task two more times so on this day I got not one, not two, but THREE Spindas. Wow, my luck.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

22 hours ago, Syiren said:

I saw that, I'm so hyped for that! Tauros is the only pokemon missing from my Kanto dex!

16 hours ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Yes, I've seen it!!! I can't possibly wait! ❤️ Also I had a terrific day today:

I was out in the city to get my favourite donuts downtown and I was playing Pokemon GO! on my way there, thinking how bummed I am that I never had a chance to get a Spinda as I never got that task from spinning pokestops, and I've seen players with their own Spinda in gyms. I was spinning pokestop after pokestop and at some point I came across a brand new one: "Make a great curveball throw". As soon as I completed it I had to tap to get the prize - and to my surprise, it was a Spinda. :blink: Afterwards I got that task two more times so on this day I got not one, not two, but THREE Spindas. Wow, my luck.

Oh my, seems like I shouldn't always dismiss the curveball challenges because I hate them and can't get one good throw. 😁

On 9/13/2018 at 8:09 AM, Gluria said:

Oh my, seems like I shouldn't always dismiss the curveball challenges because I hate them and can't get one good throw. 😁

The Spinda task changes on a monthly basis, and right now it's "Make a great curveball throw" which is pretty easy to pull off - if you're struggling, try doing it on a larger pokemon and wait for the target circle to shrink a little bit before you throw the ball at it. One is enough so you should get it easily. Also, as there are eight Spinda types in the game, which are variations of its spots, you can get type 3 right now, and in October the type you'll get from the task, as well as the task itself, will change. :)

One of my Special tasks right now (A Ripple in Time 2) is make 3 new friends - I've sent an invite to @Gluria, but I need two more! :)

My friend code is 6019 0438 3268! ;)

I only got a curveball task once, and it was Make 3 Great Curveball throws. I haven't successfully made any kind of curveball throw on anything, so I dismissed it.

18 minutes ago, Zeditha said:

One of my Special tasks right now (A Ripple in Time 2) is make 3 new friends - I've sent an invite to @Gluria, but I need two more! :)

Thank you, I'm on this special task now as well, accepted it :D
Also need two more, my code is in my sig!

I know how to do curveballs now, but a great one? Whelp. Will try.

@obelisk_light I did see that, I'm so excited! I wish I could go out this weekend and do an articuno raid to complete my shiny trio but sadly I can't get away from what I have to do. I will definitely go to the city for a day and try to get the mewtwo when it comes to the raids :D also going to spend some time walking those 7k eggs so I can get the kangaskhan and mr mime.

I was out yesterday and was able to add hitmonlee and hitmonchan to my dex, and got further on the mew quest. Now I need 7 pokemon to complete my kanto dex: mr mime, kangaskhan, chansey (which I missed yesterday), mewtwo, mew, dodrio and gyarados. the gyarados and dodrio I'll probably wait until the end of the kanto event and evolve the best one I catch.

@Gluria, @Zeditha, If you still need a friend I can add you.

On 9/14/2018 at 2:11 PM, Zeditha said:

I only got a curveball task once, and it was Make 3 Great Curveball throws. I haven't successfully made any kind of curveball throw on anything, so I dismissed it.

That one was from the previous month that awarded you a type 8 Spinda for completing it - September's task is "Make a great curveball throw" to get a type 3 Spinda. :) As for the friend requests, I sent them to those I didn't befriend before, can't wait to send you gifts as well! I also hope to hatch a Tauros and a Kangaskhan! :D

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Apparently although you CAN hatch regional mons, it is not guaranteed.  I hatched several 7km eggs, got sandshrews, meowth, grimer, geodude, and FINALLY got a regional mon.  A farfetch'd.  I already had a farfetch'd.