Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

7 hours ago, Nectaris said:

For me, the big stopper was the raids.  As a primarily solo person, finding ten raids that I could solo without making me late for work/have to leave early took forever(as I had a limited time, I could rarely fail and still get it to count since I couldn't stay long enough).  Ditto was easy, I got it on the same day I got the task(or just about).

Yeah, those were annoying. while it was easier to find people to raid with for me, being able to raid during the time when the eggs were hatching wasn't easy thanks to work. i did get it done in a few days tho after waiting for a while thanks to a friend who pretty much swooped by, and said, "You're coming with us, and we're not taking no for an answer. you have the day off so no excuses." lol, I love my friends sometimes. lol

I'm looking for people to add for the second set of Celebi tasks. If anyone from this thread hasn't added me yet, my trainer code is 8698 5848 5926. (I'm Articuno9Mystic.)

I can already tell this is going to be a lot longer (and involve more grinding) than the Mew quest.

Edited by obelisk_light

30 minutes ago, obelisk_light said:

I'm looking for people to add for the second set of Celebi tasks. If anyone from this thread hasn't added me yet, my trainer code is 8698 5848 5926. (I'm Articuno9Mystic.)

I can already tell this is going to be a lot longer (and involve more grinding) than the Mew quest.

Added. ^^ Just fair warning, with the weather acting up as much as it is at the moment ((It was raining for like nearly 2 days now its back up in the 90s. Muggy too! ><;)) I won't be able to get up the stops I normally go to. Any gifts I send will be in very short supply right now. The same thing goes for the winters months when I can't even get outside at all due to my Asthma. I swear Kansas has some of the most bipolar weather I've ever seen.

WB 

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

1 hour ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

Added. ^^ Just fair warning, with the weather acting up as much as it is at the moment ((It was raining for like nearly 2 days now its back up in the 90s. Muggy too! ><;)) I won't be able to get up the stops I normally go to. Any gifts I send will be in very short supply right now. The same thing goes for the winters months when I can't even get outside at all due to my Asthma. I swear Kansas has some of the most bipolar weather I've ever seen.

WB 

*pats you on the back* It's okay. Florida's weather suffers from crazy mood swings too. The sky could be clear as a bell and then you look away for a few minutes and BAM! Hello clouds dark as night! I'll be more active once it starts to cool down over here. it's too hot to walk during the middle of the day and I usually work nights.

Finally got up the courage to join our local Facebook group and went on a raid.  It ended up being a Ho-oh raid.  Didn't get a shiny, but I am still happy as that makes my first ho-oh.

I'm on the 'hatch 9 eggs' stage of the Celebi quest. I don't exactly do a lot of walking, so.

(Side note, can anyone gift me if you have some to spare? I'm completely out of balls haha 9535 6166 0814)

If anyone needs help getting the friends quest done, here's 3 codes for you right away:

Me (heidiker): 2114 1740 8144

My boyfriend (Liiwai): 1238 8215 0248

My mom (Owwlis): 3236 0671 5817

I already have some of you guys as friends but I hope there's someone new seeing that too since I also need to get that quest done. I'm not the most frequent gift sender, but I try to send to everyone equally when I can! ^_^ 

I did 2 raids this morning, Pineco and Alolan Executor, so now I'm only one raid away from the last part of Mew quest. I know, I'm SO late on that, but I haven't had the time or energy to raid at all this summer. Yesterday we raided an Alolan Raichu which I had been on the hunt for for so long! Also finally unlocked Blaziken after hatching another Torchic. I'm also ready to evolve a shiny Umbreon, just gotta wait for the nighttime. Do any of you know if "night" is time based (eg. 9PM or something) or sunlight based (which I goes by the local sunrise and sunset times)?

Edited by hedy

I waited until it was night in my game before I evolved my shiny Eevee into an Umbreon, just to be safe. It didn't get dark in my game until around 9pm so it probably goes by local sunrise/sunset.

@hedy It should be based on your local time, so when it is dark in-game it should evolve into Umbreon. Also make sure the eevee is still your buddy and you have a gps signal.

I've sent out a few friends requests. Currently working on the second stage of the Celebi quest.

I'm really hoping I'll get enough distance going to work today to hatch some eggs! So I can move on with Celebi.

20 hours ago, Kaini said:

I'm on the 'hatch 9 eggs' stage of the Celebi quest. I don't exactly do a lot of walking, so.

Yeah, I'm stuck on the eggs too.  I haven't been walking as much due to the heat(standard here for August).  I'm hoping I can hatch the last two I need tomorrow to finally move on to more walking...

I'm still on the first one. I haven't bothered to do a raid yet.

Finally found a Ditto for the Mew quest, now I just need 4 more ghost types to move on. The Ditto was disguised as a Gastly, so it didn't count for the task, oh well 😂

Got my first Entei yesterday!

I finished the first of the two eevee tasks, now I am on to the second.  Not looking forward to having to trade.  Trading is so expensive stardust wise. 

On 9/2/2018 at 10:40 PM, Nectaris said:

Got my first Entei yesterday!

I finished the first of the two eevee tasks, now I am on to the second.  Not looking forward to having to trade.  Trading is so expensive stardust wise. 

I don't personally know anyone who plays the game so it's gonna be sort of like a blind date to arrange a trade with a complete stranger in the first place, so not looking forward to that. Everything else is pretty much easy to complete.

Okay, I'm looking for some of the region locked ones. If anyone here has discord, please pm me so I can add you to my friend's list. I'd love to trade so I can finally get some of these shadows filled in my Pokedex. X) 

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

On 9/4/2018 at 9:11 AM, Wolfs_Bane said:

Okay, I'm looking for some of the region locked ones. If anyone here has discord, please pm me so I can add you to my friend's list. I'd love to trade so I can finally get some of these shadows filled in my Pokedex. X) 

WB

The problem with that is, you have to be standing physically near the person you want to trade. it doesn't work long distance.

1 hour ago, Syiren said:

The problem with that is, you have to be standing physically near the person you want to trade. it doesn't work long distance.

If it's a legendary, shiny, or one you don't have in your dex it's considered a special trade. And can only be done once a day. For those, you don't have to be near someone for it to work. I'm not looking for shinies or legendaries. Just ones like Mr. Mine, Kangaskhan, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat, Torkoal, Tropius, or Relicanth. I would never be able to get those otherwise. Unless I get insanely lucky to win the lotto. X)

WB

15 hours ago, Wolfs_Bane said:

If it's a legendary, shiny, or one you don't have in your dex it's considered a special trade. And can only be done once a day. For those, you don't have to be near someone for it to work. I'm not looking for shinies or legendaries. Just ones like Mr. Mine, Kangaskhan, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat, Torkoal, Tropius, or Relicanth. I would never be able to get those otherwise. Unless I get insanely lucky to win the lotto. X)

WB

You sure? If that's the deal, I have some shinies to trade - two Jolteons, a Vaporeon and a Squirtle, all shinies. I'm looking for regionals that aren't Mr. Mimes (Tauros, Heracross, Kangashkhan, Illumise, Torkoal, Tropius or Relicanth. I can provide a Volbeat if anyone needs. And also if anyone has an excess Spinda or shiny Charmander I'd be happy to get it as I don't have those either. If long-distance trades do work I'd be happy to trade with someone on here. :) However...

Can I only trade with registered friends?

Yep.

Does that include online friends?

Nope. Players must be in close proximity to each other in order to initiate a trade.

I still think that you have to be physically close for trading.

Edited by *Silver Fox*

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

You sure? If that's the deal, I have some shinies to trade - two Jolteons, a Vaporeon and a Squirtle, all shinies. I'm looking for regionals that aren't Mr. Mimes (Tauros, Heracross, Kangashkhan, Illumise, Torkoal, Tropius or Relicanth. I can provide a Volbeat if anyone needs. And also if anyone has an excess Spinda or shiny Charmander I'd be happy to get it as I don't have those either. If long-distance trades do work I'd be happy to trade with someone on here. :) However...

Can I only trade with registered friends?

Yep.

Does that include online friends?

Nope. Players must be in close proximity to each other in order to initiate a trade.

I still think that you have to be physically close for trading.

Well, there is the only way to find out for sure. I'm in need of a Mr, Mine. If you have discord, we can try to see if it would work. I have an extra firebird, ice bird, and electric bird I can trade you. ((I can't spell the names. Sorry. ><;))

WB 

I'm not ultra friends with someone, but I am great friends with them, and even though he lives a few miles down the road we still can't trade from our own homes. Only when we're out playing together. I really wish it did work that way. I'd have no problem catching Heracross and Corsola for you all otherwise. 

I started playing Pokémon GO two weeks ago when I got my new phone.

Reached level 20 today and I'm having a lot of fun, even though some progress really is slow.

Also, I need more friends. Is it possible to be friends with people from other countries? If yes, I'll be happy to share my trainer code, I need more friends :)

1 hour ago, Gluria said:

I started playing Pokémon GO two weeks ago when I got my new phone.

Reached level 20 today and I'm having a lot of fun, even though some progress really is slow.

Also, I need more friends. Is it possible to be friends with people from other countries? If yes, I'll be happy to share my trainer code, I need more friends :)

yes you can be friends! although you cant trade, only send gifts.