Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Had a great day today!  I FINALLY got enough candies to get a slaking.  It feels like I had been walking that vigoroth forever. 

Also, I got a golden swablu! 

@Nectaris Congrats! I actually dreamt tonight that I caught a shiny Swablu. :lol: 

Also evolved a Slaking and caught a Spinda. I got a Larvitar quest, but I can't make three excellent throws in a row for my life.

4 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

@Nectaris Congrats! I actually dreamt tonight that I caught a shiny Swablu. :lol: 

Also evolved a Slaking and caught a Spinda. I got a Larvitar quest, but I can't make three excellent throws in a row for my life.

That's why I ALWAYS discard those and seek for other tasks. Still no sight of the Spinda task, I'll have to spin as many pokestops when I decide to go to the city center, nothing in my neighborhood.

Well the first day of Community Day went pretty good. I was working until 5:30pm but in the 30 minutes I had I ended up getting 4 shiny Eevee. I'll be able to do all of Community Day tomorrow so I wonder how many more Eevee I'll get.

IMG_3336.PNG

11 minutes ago, Zinogre said:

Well the first day of Community Day went pretty good. I was working until 5:30pm but in the 30 minutes I had I ended up getting 4 shiny Eevee. I'll be able to do all of Community Day tomorrow so I wonder how many more Eevee I'll get.

IMG_3336.PNG

I completely forgot about today so I'll try to make up for it tomorrow. Twyro you idiot. :lol:

I got SIX shiny eevees today!  That covers everything available right now, though I hope to get the remainder tomorrow. 

It scared me at first though, I got one in the first hour, then nothing for nearly an hour.  Then I got a cluster of four.  At the end of that, I was super tired, so I decided to go to a handful of far-flung stops.  The last one I got was there.  I could have stayed a little longer, but I was tired and feeling a tad dehydrated, so I just went home and decided to get the rest tomorrow if I can.

EA93CF9D-C59D-4A4F-B94B-C0439AA25240.png

Edited by Nectaris

I managed to get 3 shiny eevee despite working, which is at least something. I work for the entirety of community day tomorrow so I'm hoping I can get at least a couple more but I don't have tons of hope ;u;

I'm glad you guys got some Eevee luck with the shiny eevees. I managed to get 5 today. I evolved one and got a Jolteon. I'm hoping to get more shinies tomorrow, mainly because I want at least one of each shiny evo. I'm walking a shiny eevee trying to get an Espeon and then I'll be working on Umbreon and then hope to get a Vaporeon and Flareon, and then need one more to keep an eevee, and then two others for a Glaceon and Leafeon when gen 4 drops.

Oh, and remember guys, if you want an Espeon or Umbreon, you gotta walk it 10Km and you gotta evolve for Espeon during the day and Umbreon at night and it HAS TO BE YOUR BUDDY WHEN YOU EVOLVE IT. I made that mistake once and it sucked. ^_^;

Edited by Syiren

Well, since I missed out on the first Eevee community day I decided to use this one to the max, and it paid off - I caught NINE shiny Eevee! :wub: However, when I tried to get all Eeveelutions (current Eeveelutions) I ended up having two extra Jolteon and one extra Vaporeon, which I will keep just in case someone ever decides to trade. I will have to hope for more shiny Eevees randomly popping up in the wild to get three more for gen IV Eeveelutions, and two are left for me to walk to get Umbreon and Espeon. I really love the shiny Umbreon because of the blue rings, I can't wait to get it! :wub:

Edited by *Silver Fox*

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Well, since I missed out on the first Eevee community day I decided to use this one to the max, and it paid off - I caught NINE shiny Eevee! :wub: However, when I tried to get all Eeveelutions (current Eeveelutions) I ended up having two extra Jolteon and one extra Vaporeon, which I will keep just in case someone ever decides to trade. I will have to hope for more shiny Eevees randomly popping up in the wild to get three more for gen IV Eeveelutions, and two are left for me to walk to get Umbreon and Espeon. I really love the shiny Umbreon because of the blue rings, I can't wait to get it! :wub:

Congrats!

I don't know if you or anyone else reading this have used it already, but I haven't, so don't forget that you can determine which eeveelution you get by their nicknames.  It only works ONCE though.

Rainer - vaporeon

Sparky - jolteon

Pyro - flareon

Sakura - espeon

Tamao - umbreon

I caught just one shiny Eevee, but I'm glad I was able to catch at least that. I unlocked Spinda via a research task. :)

I caught 9 shiny Eevee total. I'm happy with the number, now I have to be lucky with the evolving, which I'm holding off until after the event. I also got some strong Eevee finally which I can turn into a strong Espeon.

@*Silver Fox* In the end, I was able to complete the Larvitar quest. Took me almost a week :lol: 

And I was able to participate in the ex-raid so I also got my first Mewtwo!

Got chased off by thunderstorms today, but not before I found the last three shinies I needed.  This is the first time since the dratini community day that bad weather has stopped me.

Edited by Nectaris

I had to head home early myself thanks to a crazy thunderstorm. Everyone flocked for shelter, lol. I did manage to catch 6 more Shinies. I'm happy with my catch. Over two days I grabbed 11 total shiny eevee. most shinies I've ever gotten from an event.

Well today ended off on a good note, I managed to snag 9! shiny Eevee today. With the 4 I caught yesterday, I got 13 shiny Eevee. This has been my best Community Day for shinies, beating out Squirtle Community Day by 4 shinies. 

Now comes the fun part, trying to get one of each evolution(as well as saving 3 of them for Leafeon, Glaceon and Sylveon, whenever those get released).

I ended up with only 3 shiny eevee total because of work :( But at least I got some. I'll evolve an umbreon - I would do Espeon but it's shiny is so... bad XD GREEN.

I only managed to get three shinies since I couldn't really participate on Saturday. And I had no idea about the way of getting Espeon and Umbreon, I thought they were just super rare but obtainable through random chance when evolving Eevee XD You learn something new everyday!

I also caught 6 shiny eevee, but I got an extra flareon instead of jolteon. all of mine have terrible IVs though, I can never catch a good shiny lol. I'm going to evolve my two "average" eevees to espeon and umbreon.

and am also super excited about next month! I'll be happy to finally get my meganium and maybe a shiny one :D

Looking forward to the next event. I have a 100% Meanium, but he'd love to have some shiny friends. My goal is the same as it always is. At least one per each stage and everything else is bonus. Thankfully it's far enough away that I get to make room for more pokemon. I'm maxed out of storage space, and I wish they'd raise the 1500 max cap. Especially since there are more gens yet to be released and they will need to make more room by then. 

Between my dad and me, we caught 20 shiny Eevees over both days. First day he caught nine and I caught one. cx Second day he worked so I went out alone and got anther ten, fairly evenly split between us. We have yet to evolve and swap, though, so that'll be fun. I just wish they would attach evolution stones to Eevee so it's not up to random chance. >_>

Definitely looking forward to Chikorita community day! It's my favourite gen2 starter and one of my favourite pokemon overall.

Aaand who's on the hype train for Celebi?! :lol: 

I really enjoy the quest system and I'm excited for new special research tasks. However, I will be away for one week where I won't be able to play a lot. I hope I don't get any spoilers.

26 minutes ago, Chococat0815 said:

I really enjoy the quest system and I'm excited for new special research tasks. However, I will be away for one week where I won't be able to play a lot. I hope I don't get any spoilers.

Me! So down!

8 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

Definitely looking forward to Chikorita community day! It's my favourite gen2 starter and one of my favourite pokemon overall. 

Yay for Celebi!  Looking forward to it, I kind of hope they do a Johto event like they did a Kanto event for Mew.  Johto is actually the gen I have the least of.

As for gen2 starters, totodile and its line are my favorite, but chikorita getting a shiny likely means that totodile will too in a future month.

Edited by Nectaris

Ok...so is there a trick to getting shinies? How do you guys have so many?  😧

I have a Pikachu and a Swablu. Both just random encounters...and with terrible IVs. Also, "I got a Larvitar quest," how do you know what it's for? I'm assuming you're talking about the research task things, right? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I don't play too much, so I'm not up-to-date with all the stuff going on, but I've been playing more recently as Pokemon finally spawn in my area again. I used to have to drive to the city to see anything. Now it's back to the way it was when the game first launched.  \o/

On a side note, I wish people around here would participate in raids. I've only ever done 2, both alone and on a weak Pokemon. Never have I seen a raid with someone battling in it. Therefore, I can safely say there will be no raid legendaries in my near future.

Edited by Jet Raptor

44 minutes ago, Jet Raptor said:

Ok...so is there a trick to getting shinies? How do you guys have so many?  😧

I have a Pikachu and a Swablu. Both just random encounters...and with terrible IVs. Also, "I got a Larvitar quest," how do you know what it's for? I'm assuming you're talking about the research task things, right? Sorry if these are stupid questions. I don't play too much, so I'm not up-to-date with all the stuff going on, but I've been playing more recently as Pokemon finally spawn in my area again. I used to have to drive to the city to see anything. Now it's back to the way it was when the game first launched.  \o/

On a side note, I wish people around here would participate in raids. I've only ever done 2, both alone and on a weak Pokemon. Never have I seen a raid with someone battling in it. Therefore, I can safely say there will be no raid legendaries in my near future.

So, there are actually monthly 'community days' where shinies of a certain pokemon appear frequently for a 3-hour period. You just have to keep up with the pokemon go news from niantic to catch them :) The next community day is chikorita on Sept. 22.