Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Went for a walk this morning with my boyfriend and it was quite successful! I unlocked Lileep and Marshtomp, got decent process on Wailmer candies, did 2 raids (2/10 now for the special research) and I only need one Anorith to unlock Armaldo! I also caught yet another shiny Swablu, which is not ideal because I already have one and also a shiny Altaria, so I would've been very happy if it was literally any other shiny :D 

32 minutes ago, hedy said:

Went for a walk this morning with my boyfriend and it was quite successful! I unlocked Lileep and Marshtomp, got decent process on Wailmer candies, did 2 raids (2/10 now for the special research) and I only need one Anorith to unlock Armaldo! I also caught yet another shiny Swablu, which is not ideal because I already have one and also a shiny Altaria, so I would've been very happy if it was literally any other shiny :D 

Congrats! I haven't stumbled upon a shiny Swablu ever since I caught the two a couple of months ago, but honestly I'm more focused on finding the shinies that I still don't have - Wailmer, Poochyena, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and the ones that are apparently new in the game - Omanyte and Kabuto, maybe there are even more!

36 minutes ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Congrats! I haven't stumbled upon a shiny Swablu ever since I caught the two a couple of months ago, but honestly I'm more focused on finding the shinies that I still don't have - Wailmer, Poochyena, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and the ones that are apparently new in the game - Omanyte and Kabuto, maybe there are even more!

Oh, I gotta check every Omanyte and Kabuto then, too! Thanks for the hint ^_^ 

3 hours ago, hedy said:

Congrats on the marshtomp.  I haven't even seen a mudkip in ages.

The last few days have been very successful for me as well: evolved 11 new Hoenn pokemon, got the gold Hoenn medal in the process, caught a shiny Aron, got my first Latios, got my first Ho-oh and finally did 10/10 raids so I can progress on my Mew quest!

Congrats @Chococat0815 on your finds! I also attended a Latios raid, but since it was just me and my boyfriend, it was a no-go lol. 

I had a good start of the day and caught a shiny Kabuto!! I love the green little cutie, very happy about that. I'm also very close to unlocking Cradily, and evolved my first Armaldo yesterday evening. So far this event has been great for me!

57 minutes ago, hedy said:

Congrats @Chococat0815 on your finds! I also attended a Latios raid, but since it was just me and my boyfriend, it was a no-go lol. 

I had a good start of the day and caught a shiny Kabuto!! I love the green little cutie, very happy about that. I'm also very close to unlocking Cradily, and evolved my first Armaldo yesterday evening. So far this event has been great for me!

Congrats on the shiny green Kabuto! I hope that I'll find something shiny during Adventure Week, it's an absolute blast of an event! Meanwhile I managed to catch two breathtaking female Lileeps (which is a success because they're barely ever females) and one of them is now my second Cradily. :wub: I'm hoping to catch a breathtaking Anorith so that I can get my first Armaldo, I've been waiting forever! Also it's amazing that buddies can find a candy four times faster than usual, now is the right time to walk Bagons and Beldums, if you ask me. ;)

1 hour ago, *Silver Fox* said:

Congrats on the shiny green Kabuto! I hope that I'll find something shiny during Adventure Week, it's an absolute blast of an event! Meanwhile I managed to catch two breathtaking female Lileeps (which is a success because they're barely ever females) and one of them is now my second Cradily. :wub: I'm hoping to catch a breathtaking Anorith so that I can get my first Armaldo, I've been waiting forever! Also it's amazing that buddies can find a candy four times faster than usual, now is the right time to walk Bagons and Beldums, if you ask me. ;)

Yeah, I am walking my Bagon.  So close to my first Salamence, about 25 candies left.  It makes me REALLY happy how quick he earns candies, I was walking him even before the event.  I hope that I can get those candies quick enough that I can have my slakoth as a buddy for a while during the event.

Edited by Nectaris

3 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Yeah, I am walking my Bagon.  So close to my first Salamence, about 25 candies left.  It makes me REALLY happy how quick he earns candies, I was walking him even before the event.  I hope that I can get those candies quick enough that I can have my slakoth as a buddy for a while during the event.

I'm nowhere near my second Salamence so I think I should switch my buddy to Beldum because I could use this event to get my first Metagross. :)

Thanks @hedy and congrats on your shine Kabuto! That's such a great find.

Also, I got my Mew today :wub:

It's soo cute!

And I love the reduced buddy candy distance as well! I'm still walking my perfect Trapinch, less than 50 candies to go.

Finally got the last squirtle I needed to evolve to blastoise today!  Despite this, I think I will hold on to them for now as I highly suspect July's Community Day will be squirtle.

2 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Finally got the last squirtle I needed to evolve to blastoise today!  Despite this, I think I will hold on to them for now as I highly suspect July's Community Day will be squirtle.

Whenever we do get Squirtle, try for an area that has a fair amount of water like a park next to a lake. They should appear more frequently there. The park near where I live has a big lake next to it.

20 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Whenever we do get Squirtle, try for an area that has a fair amount of water like a park next to a lake. They should appear more frequently there. The park near where I live has a big lake next to it.

Does it matter how large?  My usual hunting grounds has a small pond.  Today I went to a different park that has a larger lake/pond on it.  While both have the same amount of pokestops(four), my usual spot has two gyms though while the park has one.  It takes longer to make a circuit on the latter spot as well. 

5 hours ago, Nectaris said:

Does it matter how large?  My usual hunting grounds has a small pond.  Today I went to a different park that has a larger lake/pond on it.  While both have the same amount of pokestops(four), my usual spot has two gyms though while the park has one.  It takes longer to make a circuit on the latter spot as well. 

I've never tested it, but I find more water pokemon pop up to a bigger water source. Currently my park is an Aron nest, but recently there have been plenty of goldeen, barboach and psyduck. Also being near a historic area helps too. The next city over has a lake, a park and several gyms dt and I'm always seeing tons of rare spawns that my raid group on discord posts. 

No shinies just yet, but I did, however, catch a wonderful IV female Anorith, which has become my first Armaldo. :wub: I'm so happy about it! ❤️

9 hours ago, Syiren said:

I've never tested it, but I find more water pokemon pop up to a bigger water source. Currently my park is an Aron nest, but recently there have been plenty of goldeen, barboach and psyduck. Also being near a historic area helps too. The next city over has a lake, a park and several gyms dt and I'm always seeing tons of rare spawns that my raid group on discord posts. 

I think my hunting grounds do register as a water area, judging by how many water mons show up.  Goldeens, starmies, psyduck, barboach, wooper, are all fairly common here.  Just about all the parks around here have a significant water source anyways.  Downtown doesn't, but I rarely go downtown because it is very out of my way.

So can any Pokemon be found as shinies? Or do only certain speciies have their shinies available?

Edit: oh, and do they show up as shiny in the overworld or do you only see the shiny when you open it up to capture?

Edited by hazeh

1 hour ago, hazeh said:

So can any Pokemon be found as shinies? Or do only certain speciies have their shinies available?

Edit: oh, and do they show up as shiny in the overworld or do you only see the shiny when you open it up to capture?

I don't think every pokemon can, but a lot can be shiny. I'm not exactly sure which ones. You could probably find something if you google it. You have to tap on the pokemon to see if it's shiny, and it's also a random chance for each person.

5 hours ago, hazeh said:

Here's a list: https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-go-shinies-list

The best chances to get one is on Community Day and during events. They seem to release 1-2 shinies every event now.

Also, reportedly the chances of shinies are higher from raids and quest encounters.

Edited by Chococat0815

I caught 3x shiny aeros , 2 from raids and 1 from quest. I also got 2x shiny arons and one is high cp and  "caught my attention " , and got a low cp shiny kabuto. I am farming huge amounts of aron candies :) loving Aggron. 

The Alolan form of Exeggutor is out in the wild, and I caught a pretty strong one right off the bat. I've been working so much recently, and the weather's been kind of on and off with the rain, so I haven't been able to visit the park much, but hopefully I'll be able to visit tomorrow after my shorter shift.

Um.....guys. this pic.....

Also who was here that called Alolan Exeggutor wouldnt even fit the screen? 😂

Screenshot_20180529-224209.jpg

I caught two Alolan Exeggutors so far - a male and a female. I'm planning to catch as many as I can while they're available. Although it's utter nonsense, I'm glad that they're dragon subtypes because it will help me get my Dragon Tamer badge to gold sooner than I expected. :lol:

Alolan Exeggutors are one of the most hilarious Pokemon XD Giving it a dragon sub-type made it even more ridiculous. I also caught a pair of them, one of them with high IVs.

It's still unexpected for me that they would release Alolan Pokemon so soon.