Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

On 12/7/2017 at 11:25 PM, Syiren said:

You should see if there is a local facebook or twitter group you could get in contact with. Before my raiding party made a discord group there was only facebook. It's a lot easier battleling a Ho-oh with a large group or several strong players. I recently hit level 34 myself. Now with 4 Ho-oh. 

Also we're supposed to get Gen 3 sometime this month abd then Delibird fir the Christmas event.

I have looked everywhere, trust me. Some people coastally with a discord, but not here.

Meanwhile, I'm rather upset that they made absol and mawile raid only. So I'll never get one unless I move somewhere better. I was happy completing the dex minus legendaries, now I can't even do that.

Edited by Ashywolf

I happen to work where there are four gyms, and there was a raid going to start in a few minutes after I got off of work.  I decided give it a shot, and turned out to be 1k cp magikarp of all things.  Easy peasy, even for me.

Yay gen 3! Makes me motivated to play more frequently again. I really like the weather-effect thing, it diversifies the types of Pokemon that show up. We had a snow storm this week and for the whole day the weather was Extreme, which sounded so hilarious to me. There was also some gym/pokestop changes near me sometime ago: the closest gym to me got removed because it is now located at a building site, and the pokestop quite close to it got changed to a gym. Doesn't really matter right now, I haven't been walking and playing much since it's already winter here and I do not like to freeze my fingers nor my poor iPhone (curse you Apple for making phones that don't last a minute once the temperature drops to freezing). 

I'm loving the weather effect too, I'm seeing so many vulpix and I've been looking for more candy for my ninetales. They've changed the landscape too, it's a little more diverse than before.

Saw a groudon raid this morning, but alas, no one to help me...

6 minutes ago, water_angel said:

why do some pokemon have a blue background it you are scrolling through your list?

The blue backgrounds should be pokemon you have caught recently.

And a few more gen 3 pokemon added.

Personally, I am liking the weather thing too, I have been finding several mons that have been otherwise hard to find quite often. 

The only thing is the chance of me actually experiencing winter weather are slim.

Edited by Nectaris

I've been enjoying the gen 3 event so far. The only thing gen 3-specific that I'm irked by is the lack of Mudkip in my area. -_-

20 minutes ago, obelisk_light said:

I've been enjoying the gen 3 event so far. The only thing gen 3-specific that I'm irked by is the lack of Mudkip in my area. -_-

I thought that too... at first.  Then the rains came and mudkips everywhere.  Before, the only gen 3 starter I was finding was treeko.

1 minute ago, Nectaris said:

I thought that too... at first.  Then the rains came and mudkips everywhere.  Before, the only gen 3 starter I was finding was treeko.

That explains a lot; there's been no rain in my area lately.

Mudkip was so rare in my area at first, other local players either thought it was a myth or treated it like an unown sighting. They made them a bit easier to find now, but its still the rarer of the three. I lucked out and caught a strong, high cp Treeko at 96%IVs usung the Calcy IV app. It's now a sceptile with over 2400cp. I caught a high cp Torchic too at 93%, and Ive got 80 candies for it so far. 

I want a feebas so bad right now. Milotic is such a beautiful pokemon. :wub:

I hatched my first Feebas a couple of days ago. :wub: When I've unlocked Muk, I'll definitely start walking with Feebas.

I unlocked Hariyama and Shiftry today. :)

Do Feebas come from 2K eggs? I love the fact that starters appear so more often now! I've already unlocked Combusken and Grovyle, in addition to a few other 2nd evolution like Sealeo and Nuzleaf. We've been having a loooot of rain and snow, I think I haven't even seen the sunny weather icon yet... I'm pretty close to unlocking Glalie and Hariyama too!

I havent been able to play much over the past few days, but that didnt stop me from unlocking Blaziken. :D trying to get coins tho has been a nightmare lately. This one guy swoops in every night and takes the town. He's so greedy. You only get 50 coins a day. The rest of the players in town keep it balanced for the most part, giving everyone a chance to get their coins, but not this guy. 

2 hours ago, Syiren said:

I havent been able to play much over the past few days, but that didnt stop me from unlocking Blaziken. :D trying to get coins tho has been a nightmare lately. This one guy swoops in every night and takes the town. He's so greedy. You only get 50 coins a day. The rest of the players in town keep it balanced for the most part, giving everyone a chance to get their coins, but not this guy. 

might be a spoofer or a bot

23 hours ago, HeDy said:

Do Feebas come from 2K eggs? I love the fact that starters appear so more often now! I've already unlocked Combusken and Grovyle, in addition to a few other 2nd evolution like Sealeo and Nuzleaf. We've been having a loooot of rain and snow, I think I haven't even seen the sunny weather icon yet... I'm pretty close to unlocking Glalie and Hariyama too!

They come from 10k eggs, I just hatched one last night.  We had plenty of sunny weather when the weather thing first started.  Now though... It has mostly cloudy/partly cloudy with some rain.  When it was sunny I was ALMOST able to get a meganium, just a few more chikoritas would have done the trick.  Then the weather changed and they have all disappeared.

Feebas need 100 candies to evolve as well as needing 20km as your buddy.  If I don't hatch or catch anymore feebas(which I wouldn't be surprised), I will need to walk 420km to evolve it to milotic.

Edited by Nectaris

9 hours ago, CellyBean said:

might be a spoofer or a bot

Nope, he's actually playing fair.  He's in the local Discord chat and I've called him out on it. He just says its for a challenge and "I'll be out of your guys' hair in a few days." Thanks to him I wont have enough coins for any of the boxes and I need more raid passes.

ETA: ugh, he's being horrible to everyone in the chat, even arguing with a mod and accusing her of spoofing when he knows nothing. He called me a coward when i said I had to go to work and then assumed I worked at a bar because it was a night shift. I'm not one for voilence, but tje dude needs to get his butt kicked. =_=;

Edited by Syiren

19 hours ago, flockof-doves said:

people still play this?

Yes. A lot of people. I dont have any plans of stopping anytime soon. Especially since gen 3 released. And once Salamence is in I'm going to be hunting that thing down. Salamence is my favorite pokemon. :wub:

22 hours ago, flockof-doves said:

people still play this?

I think most casual players or those not already infatuated with Pokemon have quit. The game isn't very casual friendly, or kind to those who live in remote areas, or those who want to play alone. It's also a huge battery and data hog. Cheaters tend to run rampant depending on location, which probably puts off people too.

I fondly remember the first few months when the game came out though; how for a little while people seemed to embrace the nostalgia and hype of a phone app, enough to run into strangers and bond over a silly shared game. Good times!

I adore gen3 pokemon and got back to playing! I recently unlocked Feebas, which I hatched twice, so I have about a third of needed candies to get my breathtaking Milotic, and I'm also walking the one I'm planning to evolve. By the way, does anyone know if and how you can find and get Absol without raid battles? Sadly, I can't do a single raid battle because Pokemon Go! is so unpopular in my country these days and I have no one to play with, and on my own I don't stand a chance. :(

I had a great PoGo day today despite all the cloudy weather - I finally evolved Muk, hatched an unexpected Luvdisc and caught a Zangoose which spawned in my neighbourhood.

Edited by obelisk_light

I've been getting a lot of good stuff lately! Managed to finally hatch my first Mareep, caught a Luvdisc, Zangoose, couple Wailmers and a surprising Whiscash while walking home from classes. I also evolved Walrein few days ago and got both second stages from Wurmple on the two first tries!