Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

I wish the decreased buddy/hatching distance was for longer than two(?) days! I just blew through larvitar candies and hatched four eggs today.

Well, final report for today.

Did four total legendary raids (I shelled out for passes too ugh) - One Lugia I didn't get to complete, the group went without me. I beat two articuno and one ran, the other didn't let me try to catch at all because of a server error. Like I DID get the items (TMs and candies) for winning the raid just... glitched out and didn't get a chance to catch the legend. Which was... ugh. Infuriating.

Then completed a Lugia only to have it run after 8 premiere balls.

Utterly demoralizing. Like, if we actually get 20 people together to beat stuff like that... just... give us... master balls....

I evolved a Chansey and unlocked a Blissey. Even before i evolved it, the Chansey was like always picked for battles and did pretty well, so let's hope that that continues!

Oh boy, as if legends weren't frustrating enough... Niantic is now saying that Articuno isn't going to be in gyms forever, so it'll be no longer available at some point. How long it'll stick around is unknown, and who knows when it'd come back. But on a bright side, Moltres and Zapdos will be appearing soon.

23 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

Oh boy, as if legends weren't frustrating enough... Niantic is now saying that Articuno isn't going to be in gyms forever, so it'll be no longer available at some point. How long it'll stick around is unknown, and who knows when it'd come back. But on a bright side, Moltres and Zapdos will be appearing soon.

Wow, seriously? :/

At the moment I'm wrestling with support over the glitch that didn't let me even have a shot at catching articuno. I'm just getting form emalis. :/

On 7/23/2017 at 9:23 PM, Kaini said:

Well, final report for today.

Did four total legendary raids (I shelled out for passes too ugh) - One Lugia I didn't get to complete, the group went without me. I beat two articuno and one ran, the other didn't let me try to catch at all because of a server error. Like I DID get the items (TMs and candies) for winning the raid just... glitched out and didn't get a chance to catch the legend. Which was... ugh. Infuriating.

Then completed a Lugia only to have it run after 8 premiere balls.

Utterly demoralizing. Like, if we actually get 20 people together to beat stuff like that... just... give us... master balls....

Sorry. =(

I haven't even found anybody else at a legendary raid. I haven't tried that hard either, though, because as noted, I'm with my mom. Saw lugia pop up on a stop that's legit on top of a mountain and you have to hike to get to - a lot of people in the town I'm in aren't regularly playing anymore. We're (a Valor guy I met who was just excited to see another player around) positive no one showed up for that one. I can see an instinct member has had their pokemon in that gym for 11 days now, so it obviously doesn't get much traffic. Walked by an articuno raid today that absolutely nobody else was waiting at.

5 hours ago, Peachycupcake525 said:

I evolved a Chansey and unlocked a Blissey. Even before i evolved it, the Chansey was like always picked for battles and did pretty well, so let's hope that that continues!

Congrats!

4 hours ago, KrazyKarp said:

lmaoooooooooooo are they trying to cause a riot?????

I totally get making the raids appear more rarely, but getting rid of them altogether is gonna cause major upset, especially with such low catch rates.

~

I decided to go ahead and shell out my gym-hoarded coins for some incubators today since the hatching was good. Had one with one use left that I was waiting to use on a 10km egg. Ended up buying two more. When I was out of both of those, I happened to get a 10k egg and definitely couldn't miss only having to walk 3.3 km for it, so bought another incubator. Hatched 12 or 13 eggs today total, IIRC. Not a bad haul either. A natu and snubbel were meh, but I also hatched a rhydon and eevee, which I can always use good ones of. Plus, hatched two smoochum, which is a rarer hatch. Aaaand it was the last day to get a 2km egg that might hatch an anniversary pichu - and I got one! But the best news is hatched an onyx (and I'd saved up evolving a second onyx in case I could find a better one) and a snorlax (giving me plenty of candy to power up my better snorlax)!

Plus got another magikarp raid today and those 12 candies kicked me up closer to a gyarados.

Also, I'm either gonna be really close to my gym defender badge or hit it when my two active pokes get kicked back to me.

Hoping double XP is still in effect so I can use a lucky egg and do some evolving, though I don't think I quite have 60 pokes ready. I better double check the event times...

EDIT: WHOO. Still hasn't disappeared for me and I amassed more poke more quickly than I thought, so I just got nearly 200k XP, boosting me a good way through level 33. Nice. And my first tyrannitar. >D

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I saw an Articuno raid earlier, but I didn't hesitate to pass it up. Not too excited to wait around for other people, probably be unable to beat it, or have it run away / run out of balls. Maybe I'm just crazy-- I would of course love to have a legendary of my favorite trio-- but Niantic's methods are unappetizing to say the least.

Plus the raid was at a sponsored shop, and I have to wonder if they might be "selling" legendary raids for revenue. Nothing surprises me anymore, haha =P

I don't play super actively right now (my level is dwarfed by all you guys!) but I've been having fun being a part of the half dozen or so Instinct members who take gyms in obscure and remote places. It makes commuting more fun. Based on my best pokes in PoGo, I'd be one confused gym trainer with my three Kingler and Arcanine!

Edited by Nine

I have to say the event was quite disappointing, it didn't even feel like an event really. But at least the legendaries got released. On Sunday my sister, brother-in-law, and I were driving and we saw an Articuno raid nearby, so we thought it would be worth trying. There were eleven other people there who were so excited to see more trainers. (I'm surprised at how many people there were!) Together, we were able to defeat the Articuno, but out of the entire group, my sister was the only one who caught it! I'm only level 19 so I didn't really stand a chance with all of these level 30's and 40's around, but at least I got two wiggles in the premiere ball until it got out.

Edited by Low-key_Loki

A friend that I know started playing less than a week ago and they're already level 20.

That is really great, then I have more time left! Oh and:

Level: 32

Kanto Unlocks: 147

Johto Unlocks: 90

km Walked: 829.4

Defended Gyms Hours: 745

Some drama broke out on the raid facebook page I've been using to gather together with other people in town for raids, and the childishness exhibited has made me really hesitant to get anywhere near these people irl again, lmao. I'm over it.

Articuno: July 22 - 31

Moltres: July 31 - Aug 7

Zapados: Aug 7 - 14

ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

dirty-word you, niantec

10 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Articuno: July 22 - 31

Moltres: July 31 - Aug 7

Zapados: Aug 7 - 14

ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

dirty-word you, niantec

Yea I don't... get the point of rotating them out??? that's a real bum deal.

45 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Yea I don't... get the point of rotating them out??? that's a real bum deal.

Yeah, I'm baffled. If they were planning on having each available for one week a month or some kind of regularly returning basis, sure. Only thing I can think of is a money grab and possibly trying to get new users interested, but they're not going to be long-term users like this...

Looks like Ho-Oh and The Dog trio will be released after the birds. Since Lugia leads the bird trio and Ho-Oh leads the Dog trio.

I caught two more Lugias  and one Articuno failed on catch.  Our nests are changed and we have dratini nest now. :)  I am farming dratinis with the double candy berry and managed to gather enough for 3 more Dragonite, now trying to find high IV dratinis to evolve. Also hatched a snorlax and a scyther which I was looking for ages. They both have high IVs and evolved Scyther to Scizor. I have tons of high cp pokes now, looks like I will be transfering some with the higher IVs soon. This event really helps heaps to get more pokes. I managed to evolve to Larvitar to T-tar, even though I have lots of Gyarados and Dragonites, I am lacking T-Tars, Snorlax, Lapras and Blissey. Hoping to hatch lapras and chansey before the event ends. I am going to start a facebook group about my city / state to gather more people to raid. I hope I will be able to find more people to play.

Edited by rayheart

Got a Larvitar from 10k so I finally unlocked Tyranitar! I wish this event would last at least a week, but good thing it got extended a bit more. I don't really care about the legendaries anymore, there's not many people on the outskirts of the town playing so even if I've seen gyms with Articuno raids on them, there's no one else playing. At least the other bonuses are really good, so good event in that area. 

I can't believe it that so many people start playing pokemon go. I remember cartoon anad I have to say I really enjoyed it when I was young, I have never played any pokemon games until pokemon go. The weird thing about pokemon is that some of the pokemons are in the really weird places and sometimes is hard to get them. I love it

Guess who has two stupid thumbs but won't be able to take part in any raid battles to get the Legendary Pokémon? Me. *Cries*

Wasting all my coins to raid passes QQ , caught 2 more articunos, I guess I am gonna horde articunos till moltres . Lugia will stay for more I guess. Also, I have realized T-Tar, Snorlax , Lapras raids spawn more now. Low star raids are kinda tweaked here.

I really hate when you wait Articuno to attack and it waits you aswell to throw and hit the ball back :U. 

7 hours ago, rayheart said:

Our nests are changed and we have dratini nest now. :)  I am farming dratinis with the double candy berry and managed to gather enough for 3 more Dragonite, now trying to find high IV dratinis to evolve.

Cheez-its, wow! I'd love a dratini nest. I haven't ever seen ONE in the wild, not even just one on my radar. I had to evolve my first dragonite by waiting for enough 10k eggs to hatch with dratini. >_>

7 hours ago, HeDy said:

I don't really care about the legendaries anymore, there's not many people on the outskirts of the town playing so even if I've seen gyms with Articuno raids on them, there's no one else playing. At least the other bonuses are really good, so good event in that area. 

( ^.^)/ Welcome to the team of not caring and not being able to get them even if you did care!

~

Walking my machop so I can unlock machamp. Pretty close thanks to this being a 1 km walk yesterday and today! Plus, caught a mareep and pinap'd it for 12 candies, so I'm up to 76 now. Getting there!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

49 minutes ago, SockPuppet Strangler said:

Cheez-its, wow! I'd love a dratini nest. I haven't ever seen ONE in the wild, not even just one on my radar. I had to evolve my first dragonite by waiting for enough 10k eggs to hatch with dratini. >_>

( ^.^)/ Welcome to the team of not caring and not being able to get them even if you did care!

~

Walking my machop so I can unlock machamp. Pretty close thanks to this being a 1 km walk yesterday and today! Plus, caught a mareep and pinap'd it for 12 candies, so I'm up to 76 now. Getting there!

For real? Dratinis are kinda common here, wow getting dragonite  with just hatching, it is crazy.  I wish I could help you out lol, I am trying to find people who are playing in my city , opened a new facebook group, made new topic son famous forums in my country for gaming etc... Lets see what happens , I dont want to travel around to raid again lol. Our city has already great pokemon spawns but not many players .....

How much I wish that we could come along and  play together :(. 

Hatched a couple larvitar out of 10ks, which delights me. I evolved one into a pupitar and one more hatch and I can evolve it again!

Drove around looking for articuno raids today, didn't find anything.

I evolved a nice-ish IV Magikarp and got my first Gyarados! Also got some other dex entries but none as impressive as the Gyarados.

9 hours ago, rayheart said:

For real? Dratinis are kinda common here, wow getting dragonite  with just hatching, it is crazy.  I wish I could help you out lol, I am trying to find people who are playing in my city , opened a new facebook group, made new topic son famous forums in my country for gaming etc... Lets see what happens , I dont want to travel around to raid again lol. Our city has already great pokemon spawns but not many players .....

How much I wish that we could come along and  play together :(. 

Haha, thanks for your charitable thoughts. =p Enjoy your dratinis! They're definitely not common everywhere. =p

Good luck connecting with other players! One of the people in my area who plays PoGo made a slack for people to join, but I'd rather use a client I already have. >_e And people aren't very active on the facebook itself.

9 hours ago, Kaini said:

Hatched a couple larvitar out of 10ks, which delights me. I evolved one into a pupitar and one more hatch and I can evolve it again!

Nice!

6 minutes ago, KrazyKarp said:

I evolved a nice-ish IV Magikarp and got my first Gyarados! Also got some other dex entries but none as impressive as the Gyarados.

Nice!

~

No signal for my hike today, so I'm letting my lil person wander around and get some distance. Super close to enough machop candies for a machamp. >D Best hatch today was a scyther. Now gotta decide if I wanna safe up for another scizor or just power up the one I have.

Plus, 5 kms to my gold jogger badge. And hit my gold defender badge the other night. =D

Totally out of pokeballs, though. This event had a TON of pokes popping up, but hanging out with my mom means I can't spend two hours just farming items, lol.