Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

Aaah I want to play Pokemon Go so bad but my phone's too old :c

Usually I don't care at all about having the latest technology, but now I need an upgrade

Me too!

I'm not sure why though, like I think my phone should be compatible but it isn't sad.gif

After going on a very long walk with my mates that resulted in several crashed a completely drained battery and not even a slowpoke I finally got some good pokemon when I dropped my mates home biggrin.gif lvl 434 executor chilling at a playground.

You guys need to get yourselves some anker battery packs!

I highly recommend the anker brand. They last TONS longer than any of the others I've tried. And I've been though about 30!

Grats on the executor! smile.gif

So.... random mostly unrelated thought / observation... it seems to me that Pokemon tend to be most commonly found near pokestops and gyms. But if you're going to plan a day trip to go out in the middle of nowhere to try to find some unique Pokemon, how do you know where the pokestops in that remote area will be? Right? So, i have a slightly mad idea. Since the pokestops are based on "portals" from the game I play called ingress. You could probably, in theory, look at the world map from that game and get a pretty good idea if and where there will be pokestops in that remote location.

Edited by nepenthe.catharsis

The map data in Beta was pulled straight from Ingress actually. They did some tweaking for release, though. There's one near me that was labelled "PORTAL OF ETERNAL SUFFERING" during beta, but when I went to get a picture of the pokestop yesterday, it was replaced with a gym. :(

Edited by Lythiaren

I work at Wal-Mart and I am finding all sorts of Pokemon. I found a Pikachu in the cigarette register xd.png it was trying to hook up with some drugs. I started with Bulbasaur and I managed to find a Squirtle in the clothes aisle.

Bought incense because that's the only way I'm going to hit level 5. Pokestops don't give enough XP to keep me going. Abra was my first catch...didn't want to see if it teleported away after the first ball.

Is anyone else having problems with the lure models?

On the way up to DC today I was on Pokemon Go like the whole time, boy is it hard to get a Pokestop going 60 mph (don't worry I wasn't driving tongue.gif)

I'm pretty happy with all the pokemon I got, there was a Vulpix in the middle of traffic ^-^

And upon entering the "hotel" there was an Ekans and a Meowth laugh.gif

Edited by Clya

Bought incense because that's the only way I'm going to hit level 5. Pokestops don't give enough XP to keep me going. Abra was my first catch...didn't want to see if it teleported away after the first ball.

They don't. I caught an abra today, and it took me 3 pokeballs.

It winter were i live and i got silly cough so i can't get outside much right now.

pokemon go is good app for spring and summer but no in winter time an less you want to be snow gear on and get outside.

It's winter here but you're more a risk of heatstroke going out pokemon hunting, I regret not bringing a hat yesterday.

I see pokemon go chat here *jumps in* xd.png

I just got to level 6 and it is so hard to level up or anything because I'm not allowed out by myself but my brother won't come with me. Not to mention the nearest pokestops are 20+ minutes away, all three in opposite directions, and then there's a single gym 20 minutes away opposite of the stops too. I'm literally right in the middle of nothing.

*also jumps in*

I suggest you all buy power banks if you haven't already. tongue.gif

Go is crazy addicting (I'm LV 9 and catching everything in sight!) but it eats battery power like mad on those day long outings away from a power outlet.

Anyway, today's highlight for me was a Jigglypuff in the parking lot of a local grocery store. biggrin.gif What did you all catch? And what's your strongest Mon? Oh, and what's most common in your area? I get a lotta birds, bugs, and the occasional Eevee and the two Nidos. (I'm working on getting a Nidoking like the one on my team in Yellow.)

Edited by Gamekatt101

Just watched a video of the big Pokemon GO walk down in sydney. An aussie internet personality started a group inviting people to walk around sydney, and there ended up being THOUSANDS of people! Looked like it would've been really cool to attend.

My strongest atm is my cp 76 drowzee i caught in my backyard. I just started out yesterday, trainer lvl 3. I was kinda sad when I could get an Eevee but it was a bit far away and it was night and I didn't even have wifi out there. I really can't wait till the internet requirement goes away...

Anyway, seeing lots of rattata here, and pidgey also appears kinda frequently.

Uhh you're pretty much always gonna have to have internet cause it relies on GPS.

My strongest is still my 434 executor, but I'm getting higher leveled guys as I go... theres only one pokemon at the nearest gym, might go have a crack at it tomorrow biggrin.gif

I just caught a Tauros at my work biggrin.gif there was a Pinsir but it fled sad.gif

And right after I posted this, I found one and caught it lol

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Uhh you're pretty much always gonna have to have internet cause it relies on GPS.

My strongest is still my 434 executor, but I'm getting higher leveled guys as I go... theres only one pokemon at the nearest gym, might go have a crack at it tomorrow biggrin.gif

GPS doesn't work with internet tho. GPS only requires you to connect with sattelites, what can be done without wifi or a data plan. One of their goals is to eventually go completely to GPS, so internet connection won't be required anymore, but they couldn't do that just yet. They're working on it tho.

I see pokemon go chat here *jumps in* xd.png

I just got to level 6 and it is so hard to level up or anything because I'm not allowed out by myself but my brother won't come with me. Not to mention the nearest pokestops are 20+ minutes away, all three in opposite directions, and then there's a single gym 20 minutes away opposite of the stops too. I'm literally right in the middle of nothing.

Try an area without no Pokestops or gyms near you. You think you're in the middle of nowhere, but be grateful what you have around you.

Well I'm sort of clueless how phones and internet works :/

Pokestops are strange... the nearest ones are just powerpoles with paintings on them, something incredibly common, the nearest gym is one as well.

Well I'm sort of clueless how phones and internet works :/

Pokestops are strange... the nearest ones are just powerpoles with paintings on them, something incredibly common, the nearest gym is one as well.

Well pokéstops are based on landmarks that will probably be there for a long time. Artworks, monuments and important buildings like churches are therefore very common, as those will probably not be removed soon.

The map data in Beta was pulled straight from Ingress actually. They did some tweaking for release, though. There's one near me that was labelled "PORTAL OF ETERNAL SUFFERING" during beta, but when I went to get a picture of the pokestop yesterday, it was replaced with a gym. sad.gif

Are you an ingress player too?

&Yes exactly. I've been playing ingress for 3 years. Most of the "portals" now pokestops in my area were created by me. It is so weird to see people standing around and enjoying these places that I created and have been playing by myself at for years. It makes me happy that people are enjoying a thing that I have been doing for a long time!

I wish they would have given my photos that are on the pokestops credit to me but I understand how the tos works and it wouldn't really make sense to have ingress names in Pokemon.

As for winter. I live in the Rockies and I fully intend to continue to bundle up and play right through it. I always have. I need 2 phones so I can do both games haha

This is my tip to all Pokemon players as someone who has been playing basically the same game with a different skin for years : Pokemon spawn in the same locations that xm from ingress spawns. That is around pokestops/gyms(public artwork. Historical sites. Points of interest) and places where lots of people gather (Walmart. The mall. Universities. Amusement parks. Etc).

Sitting stationary in your house or going out into the middle of nowhere where there's no people or pokestops will never get you anything good even with incense. Get out and see all the cool things in your town that you never knew were there before. And talk to your fellow Pokemon nerds... that's the best part!

Edited by nepenthe.catharsis

Used all my incense today, but most of it was useless because of server crashes. Golbat showed up once, but the game froze when I hit it with a pokeball. Dang. I'm never going to surpass level 3.

Edited by Ashywolf

Can't believe e this didn't have its own thread yet.

Anyone playing? What level are you and team? Whats your beat and worst story? Best catch? Best egg hatches?

#TeamValor

I'm lvl 7 right now, no gyms yet tho. My best catch was a lvl 100 Wartortle.

I had a venesaur show up at my house las night, threw one ball at it, almost caught it, and the leafy coward broke out and ran! I was all like, get your berries back here! xd.png

Used all my incense today, but most of it was useless because of server crashes. Golbat showed up once, but the game froze when I hit it with a pokeball. Dang. I'm never going to surpass level 3.

I may or may not have found a Golbat sitting in my house. It is now my strongest and most valuable Pokemon. And don't feel bad Ashy I'm still level 3 too. tongue.gif

On another note, I haven't really been having any server issues today, but then again... I'm sort of a lump on the couch and haven't left the house. xd.png

Edited by xxBurningxx