Lythiaren

Pokemon Go

1 hour ago, Nectaris said:

The only advice I have is practice and try mons with big target areas, like ponyta and wailmer.  I would keep up the practice even after the task, it only helps with the catch rate and there are several field research tasks that have good rewards that require curve ball throws.

Thank you :) Almost thought so too. ^^

Yeah practice... I keep avoiding those tasks like cats avoid water xD But it cannot be helped, as it seems that EVERY mission's end requires that darrrrn curveball. );

Sorry for ranting, that frustration needed out xD

I caught a Seaking yesterday. I haven't even got a Goldeen so far. XD

Finally caught my first Staryu too and got an Aerodactyl from a field research. Kanto Dex is filling up ever so slowly. Yay!

I managed to catch another shiny Eevee! I hope I could shiny Pikachu now too, since they're spawning a lot now. 

3 hours ago, Gluria said:

I caught a Seaking yesterday. I haven't even got a Goldeen so far. XD

Finally caught my first Staryu too and got an Aerodactyl from a field research. Kanto Dex is filling up ever so slowly. Yay!

I don't know where you are hunting, but try near ponds and lakes.  Water mons tend to spawn there more frequently.  My usual stomping grounds are around a pond and those two are relatively common.

I only do curve balls, so the only thing I struggle with still are excellent curve throws, which are a pain, but now the idea of throwing the ball straight it just weird to me. xD

I hate that I've been so busy with the holidays fast approaching. Hardly any time to go out and catch mons.

12 hours ago, Nectaris said:

I don't know where you are hunting, but try near ponds and lakes.  Water mons tend to spawn there more frequently.  My usual stomping grounds are around a pond and those two are relatively common.

There is a nice park with a pond in it and a small river in town, but still I haven't seen and Goldeen and Staryu before. XD

Have you read the news about the community day event in december? Sounds awesome!

@Syiren Same, can't throw a straight throw for my life :lol: 

@Gluria Yes, the community weekend sounds amazing! I'll finally be able to evolve a Beldum with that apparently superb steel move and maybe I'll be lucky and get a shiny Squirtle as well!

I already have two Metagross, but I'll hunt for more Beldums nonetheless to strengthen the two I have!

Also, I'll finally be able to evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle :)

Edited by Gluria

I'm also very excited for the upcoming Community Day! I really really want a shiny Charmander, and I need one more shiny Beldum to get a shiny Metagross (I want one of each stage). Also looking forward to that half-cut-incubator time!

I'm excited.  I missed pikachu completely as I was sick that day.  I only got one dratini due to weather(and I mean like tornado producing storm).  I also only got one bulbasaur and mareep because it wasn't a goal at the time of mine to get one for each stage.  I also need one more larvitar.

Could also use more eevee, as the RNG refused to give me a jolteon.

Edited by Nectaris

I reached level 30 yesterday by becoming best friends with a friend of mine. We both used Lucky Eggs so we got 200 000 XP at once which boosted us both to the next level :D

Now my bag is super full: 540 items whil I have room for 450 ... whew XD

Super stoked for the big community day, I hope I'm not working all weekend!

54 minutes ago, Kaini said:

Super stoked for the big community day, I hope I'm not working all weekend!

I can't wait, I didn't get a Pikachu the first time round, so he's the only one I'm desperate for, but going to do some serious hunting for anything I can find lol

I'm taking a break over the weekend. I've made another research breakthrough, but I've decided two Shedinja are anough so I'll wait with collecting the reward until next month and catch whatever mon will be the new reward.

@Gluria Just to make sure, you realise that a research breakthrough is the only way to obtain a Sinnohstone right now? I hate to wait a week to be able to evolve a new gen4 pokemon, I can't imagine waiting even longer :lol: I got a Honchcrow this weekend!

1 hour ago, Chococat0815 said:

@Gluria Just to make sure, you realise that a research breakthrough is the only way to obtain a Sinnohstone right now? I hate to wait a week to be able to evolve a new gen4 pokemon, I can't imagine waiting even longer :lol: I got a Honchcrow this weekend!

Waiiiiit. Wait. It is? I thought you could get them iva 7-day streak on a stop.

As far as I know they are only in the breakthrough box at this point.  I got a 7-day streak yesterday and received a Dragon Scale.  Hopefully they are added to 7-day rewards and also friend gifts since I've gotten evolution items from those.

I really hope I get to enjoy this event. My boss has been a royal pain lately with requesting any altered shifts or time off. I get that the holidays are upon us, but still. yeesh. lol. I would love to get a few more shinies. Especially an extra shiny Mareep, Charmander, Bulbasaur, Squirtle and I still need the middle stage for both Chikorita and Beldum. 

14 hours ago, Chococat0815 said:

I know, but I haven't nearly enough candy to use these stones anyway  so I can relax and wait, especially since I find some gen 4 evolutions reeeeally ugly 😁

Ok, since I was throwing only Curveballs for 5 days straight, I finally got my Celebi xD I even did a little happy dance xD Lucky for me, the only one who gave me a weird look was my dog :D

And I suuuuper excited for the Community weekend!!! ❤️ I missed so many of them due to work - can't believe I get a 2nd chance. I make sure to stock up on Pokeballs and berries during the week to be able to catch as many Pokemon as possible on Saturday and Sunday :D

Edited by Belisar

Well, this was a nice surprise. I was on my way home and guess what I find on a random click?

Screenshot_20181126-161506.jpg

Had a great day today!  Finished the Celebi quest today and moved to the next Meltan task.

Greatest of all I got a shiny growlithe!  One of my favorite shinies.  It also has breathtaking IVs!

282E947D-E6C8-47E0-B223-D872202A27D3.png

Congrats everyone on your shinies! Also caught a shiny today - a Meditite, which I immediately evolved to Medicham. Really like the blue colour on it :) 

Also, everyone be warned - the Sinnoh stone is NOT longer guaranteed from the research breakthrough. I guess I jinxed it. It's really annoying though, I hope they add other possibilities soon!

So shiny!!! *-* And congrats on that Celebi, Nectaris :3 

Oooh then I was lucky, that I decided to get my research breakthrough yesterday. Still got a Sinnoh stone from it.

But I have a question: weren't we supposed to get a guaranteed Shiny from the 50km accievement egg (adventure sync)?

I just hatched the egg I got on Monday from it, and it was just a (very) ordinary starter ^^ 

OU~ Awesome shiny @Nectaris I love shiny Growlithe. :) I also traded a shiny charmander I had to a co-worker for a shiny cubone. I was hoping for her ponyta, but I don't blame her for not wanting to trade that. lol. I do like shiny Cubone though for nostalgic reasons. Debating whether or not to evolve it yet.

I hope everyone's ready for that big community weekend. The return of the Shiny Hunts will be varied and awesome. :D