Estellux

Alternate Lives Raffles : Raffle Closed!

@Ruby Eyes In plain terms: You may keep those dragons in your voucher group, as that is people going and picking what they want from it. There is no problem with that. The voucher rules have not changed, but I will make sure it is clear that dragons like your checker are still available for vouchers.

And yes, what the other have said is true. I don't mean to say what you have is not desirable. There are people that readily and regularly put in for the checkers you donate. However, there aren't enough people putting in for 4Gs with only 1 Alt to justify the amount of effort I have to put in to draw for them.

That said: There are several other places you can gift or raffle those dragons away. The Departures thread, the Even Generation Trading and Gifting Thread, Glittering Gold Giveaways, and even just doing small flash raffles through the Trade Hub is also an option. All jokes aside, I'm not the queen of SAltkin raffles. I do not hold a monopoly on this.

Is there a way on Google Forms for us to further help by describing the egg we put up as a donation? Say you have the teleport link but we could also do a description (i.e 4th Gen Red with 2 Blue Omen Wyrm, 1 Blue Val '09, 1 Blue Rosebud)? 

If that is not possible, just ignore me, sorry.

I appreciate your wanting to help on that, but for now I would rather do it myself with one or two helpers.

7 hours ago, Rosastrasza said:

I appreciate your wanting to help on that, but for now I would rather do it myself with one or two helpers.

What exactly do you need ? We want to help where we can.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzbucket said:

What exactly do you need ? We want to help where we can.

16 hours ago, Rosastrasza said:

Finally, I will likely be grabbing assistance for certain aspects of the raffle, especially if the volume continues to be as high as it has been. For the most part, this will not affect those of you participating in the raffle. However, I will be transparent about the help I have received so that there is no concern about shady shenanigans. I am considering recruiting assistance with describing prizes once donations have closed, as well as assistance drawing prizes from people who do not play Dragon Cave (so, my WoW guildmates) should it come to that. That said, this would only be 'as-needed', and would be a position of extreme trust. DO NOT ask if you can help--I will ask you if I trust you and you're available at the time.

If you really want to help the raffle, let folks know about it. Don't be pushy, or mean, or break the site ToS, obviously. But there's nothing wrong with having a link to the thread in your signature. I know I certainly do (although I think mine is broken so I'll have to fix that.) If you want to make a banner or something, go for it--though I request if you use someone else's art, ask permission first. I am particularly bad at advertising, and just running this thing takes up most of my attention. Helping me get the word out is, honestly, the biggest help you could give.

Hope this clarifies it :D

About publicity, yes. And I just saw the bit about don't ask if you can help.: So fair enough. :)

Donations Open!

The Donation Form is now open! Thanks in advance to any and all who donate, I'm sure we'll all love your precious babies!

Because there has recently been an overhaul in what will and will not be accepted, please double check that your donation is within the new criteria!

And, for those of you unable to login to Google, or if you'd only like to put in a breeding voucher, PM me with the PM title ALR Donation and the form in the box below (copy the lineage/transfer links as many times as needed) :

Forum Name:

Scroll Link:

I would like to donate the following dragon(s):

Donation Lineage Link:

Donation Transfer Link:

(If you’d like to put in a Breeder Voucher, please fill out the section below and include it in the same PM:)

Group/Doc Link:

Additional Caveats:

Donated my eggs, hopefully they're nice stuff that people may like :D
Most of the pairs gave no eggs though, not a good breeding season :l

Same, Blue, my dudes seem to hate me currently. Good luck to those that succeed in getting babies for donation!

I had hoped to be able to donate a 3rd gen -- first breeding for these -- but they gave me no egg. :( Maybe next time.

I am so glad this is back!  I managed to breed 3 eggs this go around!  

Donations Closed!

Thanks to everyone for your kind donations! The raffle will open for entrants soon!

Raffle Entries Open!

The raffle is now open for entries! Many thanks for all the wonderful donations! I hope everyone finds something they like!

Enter Here!

And for those unable to login to Google, please PM me with the PM title ALR Entry and the form in the box below (copy the Dragon Line Numbers in correspondence with the “Current Raffle Entries” document as many times as needed):

Forum Name:

Scroll Link:

I would like to enter for the following dragon(s):

Line #

Aw man I missed donations, at least I didn't miss the raffle yet again.

Thanks for holding the raffle.  Been very busy this week and didn't have time to try breeding.  The spreadsheet document this time isn't set up where you can view lineage links and copy paste doesn't work either.  Only had time to hand input url for the pygmies.  Good luck everyone!

2 hours ago, Dracaena said:

Thanks for holding the raffle.  Been very busy this week and didn't have time to try breeding.  The spreadsheet document this time isn't set up where you can view lineage links and copy paste doesn't work either.  Only had time to hand input url for the pygmies.  Good luck everyone!

Yeah, idk what happened with that. I noticed that when I was trying to put the descriptions together, but unfortunately I am ill today and am not up for fixing it. Hopefully, it will not be so next time.

Entered! I also noticed the link issue but it's no big deal, I trust what I see written. You can only do so much, so no worries, Rosa! You already do so much for us as is with this raffle. :)

5 minutes ago, Shibunari said:

Entered!

Thanks for holding the raffle.

P.S: Just a question, why "Only Evengen and Stairstep lineages will be accepted." why not spiral?

they can be good and cute https://dragcave.net/lineage/5ycTo :wub:

To make going through lineages faster and easier.

Donated and Entered, Hope people share with friends, and follow this thread if you don't already!! We got lots of donations and need to share the love. Rosa & Others, including donators, and assistants, and people who help promote, put in a lot of work. And honestly, why do they and we do it? Because we want people and more people to have fun. Raffles is one of the easiest ways to get people more hooked, more engaged and more involved with the Player Community and then grow faster, and start participating in forums and other things more, and also end up giving back and helping promote and rippling the effects even further out (and even making more friends and being another cool person many of us grow to respect and love), so just share!! This is an easy thing you can do to give back to this raffle and to the Community. And meet sometimes some cool people and help people who may not know and help them grow. Three wins or more!

I swear I'll get my SA kin more organized and do a voucher next time around. XD Thank you donators and Rosa for continuing this great raffle!

This is a Copy of the Message I posted in the Player Events & Activities Thread: Link to Post: However, I believe some of this bears repeating directly in this thread:

I Want to be Very Clear this message is posted by ME and me alone. Rosa did not influence me to post this any way. I want you all to consider a few things:

1. There isn't a lot of Raffles going on very regularly right now. Normally we have at least a handful that gives people a variety of ways to gift, participate and have fun. People have had a lot of IRL issues. @Rosastrasza had some herself and had to pull back a bit on the submissions she accepts in order to keep being able to do this. So please support this raffle if you can. Please participate. Please share your gems. I understand Breeding Sometimes Sucks. But lets do what we can. People go on hiatus. Raffles disappear or stop. It happens. New ones or old ones will come back or emerge. Don't be afraid to try something out. It is ok if you don't like it and never do it again. But if you miss something, maybe this is a calling to you to at least consider a group effort for doing something new.

2. Please do not take anyone having to make an IRL decision on a raffle as anything meant personally. It is literally pull back a bit so a player can balance life vs a dragon pixel hobby raffle, or not do it at all. That is what usually happens. The best raffles will eventually wane when the players are weighed down by life. We are lucky in this instance. We didn't lose this beloved raffle. If there are other raffles that you haven't seen in awhile, send that person running it some support for whatever is going on that may be keeping them busy. Because we care, not because we want them to run a raffle. But, they do a lot of work, and sometimes that appreciation is needed outside of the raffle times themselves. However, if you would like to gift more of your dragons, and you have some special dragons, but they may be higher gen spriters' alts lines, or they may be another kind of special dragon (CB Prizes, NDs, Rares, Fun Lineages, HMs, Female Hollies, Upside Down Mints, CB Alts, BSAs, whatever), consider running a raffle of your own. Even as a one-shot to try it. If you want me to create a thread where there is a "Any Player Can Run a Raffle Here" Thread, I will do that if you don't feel comfortable making your own. If you want help and support on how to do it, or want someone else to run it but you will donate some prizes, and get other people, especially if they are nice prizes, or "Breeding Vouchers" for future offspring, usually where they have a bit of choice or can pick from a group of goodies, then we can arrange that. Just post here, or send me a PM, and we'll make this happen. I can keep things private about you needing to discuss any frustrations or fears or insecurities or whatever. And I will be glad to help you get to the place where we can make this happen. Our player community LOVES raffles, giveaways, various game varieties, so the sky is the limit! Don't think you have nothing to donate. I think a BSA Raffle One Off of like BSA Hatchlings or "Valuable" BSA Lines would be a great Theme that lots could participate in, or we could select a small group and let that group run it. No one says your raffle needs to be open to everyone donating and overwhelm you with 600 donations and 4527034 entries! It is ok to start small, do something once in awhile, or once only and never again. Just something to consider! And that can include offering cool lines in the Community Departures Thread, telling people to post junk eggs and you will pick a random one in XX amount of time. Just as good, especially if it is a line people love from you, you are really proud of, or you are always getting bugged to breed and you hate IOUs or just don't want to deal with IOUs at all. Heck, some people just randomly drop teleports of super valued lines and whoever grabs it first gets it and they don't announce it. Do as you please, but if you want to advertise or give a heads up to people here, do that!

3. If you have lines that meets the newer requirements of the Alternative Lives Raffle, please donate them. I'm speaking specifically to you richer, older players, you lucky ducky grabbed a super duper line players, you players with awesome friends, and even the artists in the community and Spriters yourself. Tired of IOU lists? Tired of being bothered about your Spriters Alts? Want a way to gift them out in a more fair and fun way when you FEEL like it? Sure you can do random breeding to the AP and that is awesome. But Rosa has set up a really fair and fun and engaging way for the Entire Player Community to get involved, and the people who get involved get really excited when we have rare and interesting and fun things from people who are able to either create and/or have access to those lineages. Would you consider donating once in awhile? A "Big Prize" draws a lot more excitement for the raffle, and also gives a lot of the player base access to things they don't always have the ability to get. I think it would be cool to have just ONE 2G Spriters' Alt per Raffle if the Artists and Spriters would be willing to consider this. It is also an easy way to deal with "requests for breedings of your SAltkins" You can say, "I want XYZ Trade, I will Contact You, or I only gift my babies as I judge don't ask." In a way, it kinda makes your life easier. People can be directed to the Raffle if they are just not willing to follow your rules by a notation in your profile, or don't even notate it at all. It is just something to consider. We appreciate all the hard work and amazing creativity and support for up and coming artists all of you do and feedback on Dragon Descriptions. But ultimately, you have something lots of people want, and I know for some, that gets really annoying after awhile. Here is a nice, easy, and fair way for many people to get access to something they really want without you having to deal with it personally!! Win Win?? It also allows those who win to breed lines others will want, and then consider those for future donations too so everything just keeps paying it forward!!

4. Some of you may have some really fancy 3G's & 4G's that maybe you bred out yourself, or are willing to breed out, but are super busy with life and don't maintain IOU lists and don't feel like taking breeding requests or maybe just don't care about dragon values at this point. Or have so many they seem to be just special dragons but not like they were once to you perhaps. These are great ways to get them out into the world for people who will love them, and it doesn't require much effort but a breeding effort when the thread comes around. Follow the thread to get a notification when it is open, breed a few things, donate them via a quick simple form.... you are DONE. Heck, you can even be anonymous. Or if you want to give back, but just as you feel inclined or as you have time - these raffles are the way to go. Don't overlook this opportunity and that way you don't have to hunt down people who want it, or deal with trades, or just do a random AP toss. Those are fun, but in these raffles, people enter who specifically want and would love that line, and often pass it on thru future breedings. So it has lots of love, and keeps people engaged and enjoying the game. If you can't enjoy it quite as much as you used to, or your enjoyment has changed, why not share and let the roll of fate make decisions you don't have to worry about? Besides, you got plenty of other things to worry about! Keep it Simple, and this raffle does that!

I tried to breed my alt sprite dependents that I had, but they didn't cooperate this time (didn't even go near each other). Sorry.

5 minutes ago, -FireClaw- said:

I tried to breed my alt sprite dependents that I had, but they didn't cooperate this time (didn't even go near each other). Sorry.

Did you use fertility? It makes new pairs less likely to refuse each other.