Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

I froze Dancin On The Ceiling and he's still upside down.

I am guessing that the adults stay upside down as well now smile.gif

At least one of us was brave enough to freeze the hatchies

That mentality doesn't really apply. It's about people wanting rewards for not working hard, or being good enough to "win."

This was a gamble, plain and simple, and had nothing to do with the effort people normally have to put in to get good stuff in the game.

But by that logic the people who GOT something didn't work any harder than the people who didn't.

I mean, if you think about it the people who didn't get eggs have been working harder than the people who got them to begin with ever did - hunting in the ap, trading away months or even years of breeding/hunting efforts.

If every outcome had had its own special prize it wouldn't be a problem - sure you'd get people complaining about, "well i didn't get x when i wanted x the y i got sucks!" but that's a little different.

It would've been more fun that way as far as trading goes anyway. Everyone would've had their own unique thing to offer and trade for.

Then again it's just an april fool's joke and they'll probably go back to normal or die anyway so we'll all probably be on the same field in a few days anyway tongue.gif

I wonder if he'll flip over when the adults grow up. Nothing is guaranteed until they grow up imo.

@goldensunrise: I guess you froze him to the ceiling. xd.png

Also, I think I'm going to make a badge for every new stage. Old stages and Sock's Badges can be found here: Link.

But by that logic the people who GOT something didn't work any harder than the people who didn't.

I mean, if you think about it the people who didn't get eggs have been working harder than the people who got them to begin with ever did - hunting in the ap, trading away months or even years of breeding/hunting efforts.

If every outcome had had its own special prize it wouldn't be a problem - sure you'd get people complaining about, "well i didn't get x when i wanted x the y i got sucks!" but that's a little different.

It would've been more fun that way as far as trading goes anyway. Everyone would've had their own unique thing to offer and trade for.

Then again it's just an april fool's joke and they'll probably go back to normal or die anyway so we'll all probably be on the same field in a few days anyway tongue.gif

My original post was in reference to players saying that the game wasn't fair, that everyone was entitled to a prize, which I disagreed with but I have since changed my mind when it comes to this event. I started that post you quoted with that statement only because I was stating that I now think it would be nice if everyone got an egg and I thought someone may bring up my original statement. I am still holding out hope that maybe an egg pops up on everyone's scroll but that's doubtful. Just my own little fantasy. smile.gif

I wonder if he'll flip over when the adults grow up. Nothing is guaranteed until they grow up imo.

One day and a little less than two hours until we find out. (If anything that happens happens automatically.)

@goldensunrise: I guess you froze him to the ceiling. xd.png

Also, I think I'm going to make a badge for every new stage. Old stages and Sock's Badges can be found here: Link.

I think goldensunrise deserves a special, frozen badge, maybe with icicles happy.gif

I think goldensunrise deserves a special, frozen badge, maybe with icicles happy.gif

That would be funny, but would the icicles go up or down? blink.gif LOL

Has anyone ever tried to freeze them?

People are quoting someone who did right above you. ;3 Stayed upside down, at least for now. =o

Jezzz.

OH GOD you definitely deserve a badge for finding out about this

Congratulations! I remember the April Fools event when I froze a hatchie of the then mysterious celestial dragons and proved that they became pale upon freezing (and also revealed their BSA). happy.gif

Fun!

Yeah what people are asking for them is way too high. I've been playing for over a year and I have yet to see a CB Gold or Silver, and I've only ever seen one Neglected in the Abandoned Pile. I get demand + low supply = high prices but this is... kinda excessive. How the heck are people supposed to get one without selling their firstborn child?  blink.gif

Don't give up yet! I got mine for two CB Nebula hatchies. There are definitely also fair trades out there. smile.gif

I got eaten and wasn't too positive about my chances after that, but between a looooot of AP stalking and a bit of trading I now have a lovely pair of right side up mints! Fogged for paranoia's sake but I've named them April Side Up and Too Nice To Flip, and in the absence of any chance for an upside down mint these two have totally made my day. biggrin.gif

Don't give up yet! I got mine for two CB Nebula hatchies. There are definitely also fair trades out there. smile.gif

I had managed to catch an AP April Fools Mint (right side up) and asked for an upside down one. Surprised I actually did get one. Anyway, I have seen people throw them up and asked for their best offer so yes, they are some fair trading going on

I have a 2 gen gold up there as on offer on a rightside up - and it hasn't been taken... the trader would PREFER CB... No biggie - I do have one, but still...

I have a 2 gen gold up there as on offer on a rightside up - and it hasn't been taken... the trader would PREFER CB... No biggie - I do have one, but still...

They ask for too much imo, really. I have 2 lovely 4th gen prizes with gorgeous lineages offered for one of these inverted mints, I really hope the person accepts my offer! I hate to part with them since I chanced upon then in the AP (and I don't have any lower gen Prizes, just from 7th gen upwards, if my memory doesn't fail me), but if these mints stay inverted I would want to get my hands on one since prizes can be found still.... Will see but it's a tough choice for me dry.gif . Would be really funny tho if the sprites turned normal tho xd.png .

Edit: apparently I have a 4th gen and some 5th gens but neither are arrow lineaged like the ones I found in the AP xd.png

Edited by TigersLover

I named my rightside up Mint as Aprillipila, which is April Fools' prank in Finnish!

• It would be interesting if the upside down mints turned rightside up, and the rightside ups turned upside down...

so did the upside down mint eggs hatch into anything special?

Yes. The hatchlings are also upside down, but we don't know if they'll stay that way as adults.

There's been a lot of talk about traders asking too much for them or being unfair. I disagree with this. If, to me, it' worth a CB Gold, and if I can't get one I'd rather keep it, then I'm not asking too much. I'm asking exactly what it's worth for me to part with.

Also, those of you who complain about high prices, if you ever did get your hands on one, would you let it go at all? If your answer is no, then I guess it is worth a lot indeed.

And just for the record, I traded mine away for 4 2G PB Black eggs. I liked the irony of playing Alt lottery with an April Fool's joke. wink.gif

Oh, and I lost the lottery too! tongue.gif

Yes. The hatchlings are also upside down, but we don't know if they'll stay that way as adults.

Any reports of them growing up?

Also, does anyone know what time on April 1st the event started?