Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

*Just* before I went to bed, I checked the AP one more time. I saw two Mints go through and by some magic caught them both. One was a Cave CB! *squees*

I wasn't able to get a mint from the event but luckily the AP had a couple right side up mints that I nabbed. I was even able to get a vampire with a cave location. ^.^

It seems like outside of the view page or a BSA action page, the upside down mints look normal. I think they are designed to look like normal everyday Mints to the outside viewer.

You would only know if you looked at the view page.

Huh...

A prank that continues on and on and on.

It seems like outside of the view page or a BSA action page, the upside down mints look normal. I think they are designed to look like normal everyday Mints to the outside viewer.

Huh...

Its because its a coding trick. Its not a separate sprite or a different image. Its one teeny tiny bit of code, that's all. You can see it if you go on an upside down Mint's page, right click the sprite, and select "Inspect Element". Compare it to a normal dragon and there's one small difference. That's why I think they'll grow up normal.

I brought it up earlier but it was ignored.

Huh...

Does that mean you don't want yours, and you want to trade it? *hopes* cool.gif

I'm still having no luck trading with someone who has several, or hunting the AP for one. *cries* sad.gif

Would love to have just one of these upside down babies.

Its because its a coding trick. Its not a separate sprite or a different image. Its one teeny tiny bit of code, that's all. You can see it if you go on an upside down Mint's page, right click the sprite, and select "Inspect Element". Compare it to a normal dragon and there's one small difference. That's why I think they'll grow up normal.

I brought it up earlier but it was ignored.

Oh really? Sorry I missed it!

So you think they will grow up, the code will get changed, and they will be normal mints again?

The great prank. They were never inverted. It's all in the MIND~

(Someone said that already, though. I'm sure of that..)

Edit: @Frodo - Nope! Mine!

*hugs Just Hangin' and hisses*

My Precious! Miiiiiinnneeee~

xd.png

Though that coding trick explains why the egg came up right side up when I tried to copy it to the MS Paint.

I guess that means the sprite isn't being modified...technically.

It's like the sprite is being hung upside down...

Edited by Shokomon

Well, my April Fools mint is a normal one, but anyway I named it Rush of blood to the head (Coldplay, anyone? biggrin.gif )

My April Fools Mint is a normal one also. I named it : April Fool Me. AND..... as much as I hunt, I still have not seen an upside down one in the AP.

I got a great name: Just Hangin.

I would have put Hangin', but the cave doesn't like the apostrophe at the end.

Also yay Gendered!

I managed 'I'm Crawling on Your Ceiling'

He has 36 Clicks and Foolishly Lucky has a whooping 83 clicks

Edit: @Frodo - Nope! Mine!

*hugs Just Hangin' and hisses*

My Precious! Miiiiiinnneeee~

*goes back to her corner in the shadows... hope fading from her heart* ninja.gif

Oh really? Sorry I missed it!

So you think they will grow up, the code will get changed, and they will be normal mints again?

The great prank. They were never inverted. It's all in the MIND~

(Someone said that already, though. I'm sure of that..)

Yes, that's what I'm leaning towards. If it was an actual sprite edit I'd say we might get upside down adults but after noticing the sprites save as normal and finding the code I don't think its very likely. The code will probably poof when they grow up, either automatically or TJ will just remove it. I'm not quite sure how the code changes as they grow so I don't know which is more likely, not that it matters much.

I highly doubt anything bad will happen to the actual dragons (like being deleted) since that's entirely unnecessary and would just be cruel.

Its a shame cause upside down gecko Mints would be really cute but ah well. its been fun and I'm glad to have an upside down one anyways.

Edited by shortaxel

Coming forth with another upside-down mint. Didn't before now since I've been seeing some getting bombed and didn't want to risk it. Now that mine's hatched (and safely hidden away), I has a screenie for you guys.

user posted image

I say the code's amusing imo.

Been documenting all the egg stages too.

*goes back to her corner in the shadows... hope fading from her heart*    ninja.gif

I'm sorry! I didn't want to hurt you!

My post was just taking note of an interesting coincidence. I hadn't meant to convey that I wanted to get rid of my sprite. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up in such a manner, and for treating your request so flippantly.

(I saw your name was Frodo, so I tried to make a Gollum joke. It didn't work though.)

Sorry about that.

Darn, too bad I already have a dragon named Woke Up On The Ceiling - Beck anyone?

I named mine: Honest Mint

I didn't lie and neither did the person who was in the biome with me, so it's a normal mint - but a caveborn one.

XZCkr (who successfully gendered female) grows up in 1 day and 9 hours and then we will see what becomes of the adults. =o

I'm thinking of naming mine something with Oopsie or Confused, but I haven't decided yet.

I'm sorry! I didn't want to hurt you!

My post was just taking note of an interesting coincidence. I hadn't meant to convey that I wanted to get rid of my sprite. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up in such a manner, and for treating your request so flippantly.

(I saw your name was Frodo, so I tried to make a Gollum joke. It didn't work though.)

Sorry about that.

Hey, it's okay. I know you didn't really want to lose your Precioussssssss baby. I was just grasping at straws. smile.gif

And sorry, I didn't mean you specifically dashed my hopes. I just meant, in general, it's really hard to get these upside down Mints. cool.gif

Your Gollum joke made me chuckle. biggrin.gif

I tried to make a joke back, but I guess I wasn't obvious enough. Gollum hid in the shadows, with hope fading that he would get his Precious Ring back. ninja.gif

No hard feelings? smile.gif

I only had one chance at the egg all day on the first and I got eaten so I'm going to be really disappointed if these stay upside down when they grow. I really wanted one just in case. t_t </3

I'm trying to find a female since I accidentally influenced mine both male dry.gif

Hey, it's okay. I know you didn't really want to lose your Precioussssssss baby. I was just grasping at straws. smile.gif

And sorry, I didn't mean you specifically dashed my hopes. I just meant, in general, it's really hard to get these upside down Mints. cool.gif

Your Gollum joke made me chuckle. biggrin.gif

I tried to make a joke back, but I guess I wasn't obvious enough. Gollum hid in the shadows, with hope fading that he would get his Precious Ring back. ninja.gif

No hard feelings? smile.gif

It's all good!

As long as you are okay.

Yeah that went over my head.

I wonder how many upside down mints are there.

I guess we would have to know how many people were on Dragon Cave on April 1 and divide it by four.

My main worry is that when they grow up, whoever has them gets a badge.

Considering I have every badge, and no upside down mint, I would not feel so great about this. xd.png

Though I have a feeling the adults will be flipped and stay that way. Idk how I feel about missing out on that either. I suppose we just have to see what happens tomorrow night!

My main worry is that when they grow up, whoever has them gets a badge.

Honestly, I think we're way past the point of a badge here. jmho

If the adults flip back right side up but the hatchies stay upside down I wonder how many people will try to freeze theirs?