Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

Somehow I feel like this will all normalize when the Mints grow up, only the location and date will differentiate them from normal Mints. We don't have raffles anymore because that caused too much drama, so I don't see that they would've wanted to create a new event that causes even more drama with a weirdly functioning event on April's Fools.

I still feel like this is the most likely scenario. Honestly I'm surprised that the hatchlings even stayed upside down.

It does seem a bit unfair if it remains this way. Obviously the upside down mints don't give any advantages in lineages, but a lot of people who play DC are sprite collectors, and more exclusive stuff tends to lead to considerable drama.

Oh well, I'll stalk the AP a bit just in case. Normal-side-up cave mints seem to pop up a lot for sure.

How did you guys name your Mints? I named mine "H a k k a", mint in Japanese~

"Fool Me Once" and "Fool Me Twice"

I had to put in extra spaces to get those names though, which is a little cheesy, so I'm trying to think of something better.

Even if I don't get an upside down Mint stalking the AP is so much fun, I keep getting distracted by all the rares passing by - I've seen Fire Gems, Xenos, Shimmers, Tinsels and recently Avatars laugh.gif

Hmm, I got an April Fool's CB Vampire from the AP, meaning that it was originally either a Balloon or a Mint, since its location is listed as being the Cave. I wonder if it would be worth anything at all?

Well, I missed it. Completely. I was at DC on April 1st, looked at the biome page (but not into a biome), looked at my dragons, looked for a news post in the forum, didn't see anything and went on my merry way, thinking that perhaps after all the stress and drama of Valentine's, TJ wasn't in the mood for pranking. (Oh me of little faith ! wink.gif )

I'm a little sad I missed the fun (yes, I think even getting eaten would've been funny in this case), but I don't think this is unfair in any way. Sure, I would have loved a "Cave" biome egg (don't have any because I started playing after biomes were introduced), but I can live with not having one, it was a matter of luck in any case.

I'm just glad to see that TJ's great DC humour is still intact and active as ever, and I still love it. And next time around I'll look everywhere. You hear me, TJ ? Everywhere ! ninja.giflaugh.gif

Even if I don't get an upside down Mint stalking the AP is so much fun, I keep getting distracted by all the rares passing by - I've seen Fire Gems, Xenos, Shimmers, Tinsels and recently Avatars laugh.gif

Yeah! And it looks like everything in the AP was bred or born on April 1st. I know several people bred to the AP on purpose for that (see the Mass Breeding thread).

It's certainly possible to catch one of these mints there. I got a right-side up one. I'm jealous of Duysterwald's vampire laugh.gif

Yeah! And it looks like everything in the AP was bred or born on April 1st. I know several people bred to the AP on purpose for that (see the Mass Breeding thread).

It's certainly possible to catch one of these mints there. I got a right-side up one. I'm jealous of Duysterwald's vampire laugh.gif

Both of the ones I've caught are born on April 1st, I hadn't noticed that, how nice!

I wonder how many non forum-goers are wondering what the commotion in the AP is all about xd.png

I still think that the only glitch in this event is the fact that the location was set to "Cave" for the event-related dragons. And as I said earlier, I suspect that it was just an oversight and TJ did not think that the location would have any value.

Imagine what it would have been if the Mints (and Balloons) had been assigned to whatever biome you were in when you were presented with the choice to betray the other player or not. They would just look like regular Mints, except for the date. It is unlikely that they would have any trade value, because currently the main reason why players want them is because they come from the "Cave" and this is very unusual in 2017 (I have Cave-born mints from 2012 and earlier).

As others have pointed out, the upside-down trick is not a new image but is done via a tiny bit of CSS code "transform: scaleY(-1)". This trick does not work in all browsers (some of them show the regular image) and so far we do not know if this trick will remain there forever or if it will disappear in a week or so, once all special Mints have grown up. Assuming that all upside-down Mints will eventually be displayed as the regular ones, the only thing that will set them apart is the fact that they are born in the Cave.

Oh gosh, the upside down hatchies are adorable!

I really think they're going to grow up as normal mints, though. The "prize" for winning this game was undoubtedly just the fun of having an upside down mint on your scroll as it grows up, not actually being handed a permanent special dragon. It's April Fools Day, after all.

I hope the people who traded CB silvers and 2nd-gen prizes and whatnot for an upside-down mint aren't going to be really heartbroken if it grows up indistinguishable from the "losing" egg.

But it'll be cool if they stay upside-down, too. Adult mints are so little, they'll just keep looking cute that way (whereas an upside-down stone dragon or something like that would just look weird.)

I don't have all day. Five hours before I sleep, I need some time to be ready for a very early start in the morning, I can't spend hours making futile clicks.

I really don't like exclusive dragons.

I'm sorry for those people who missed out and feel miserable about it. Though I can't say I truly understand, it is just a game after all. But you feel the way you feel, and I'm sorry for that.

But rampaging wyvern, you saying that you don't like exclusive dragons and complaining about this is a bit disingenuous, and even insulting. You do have a CB Prize who has given you 25 2Gs already. That's an average of 1 egg a month. I have regular Golds who won't even give me that.

Personally, I don't think the flipped Mints are valuable, because they show normal in lineage view... we cannot build upside down lineages... so I think they are cute but not "valuable" for me.

How did you guys name your Mints? I named mine "H a k k a", mint in Japanese~

"I said nothing" - didn't think this was still available until I tried it xd.png

And now I traded for its upside-down partner and will see what I get smile.gif

I named mine Mint UpsideDown Cake. xd.png

WB

Edited by Wolfs_Bane

Just spent over an hour constantly refreshing (with fast internet speed), spotted just one Mint egg, caught it but it was lineaged! xd.png The AP Mints are extremely scarce at the moment.

Here's a question (that no one is going to try) what happens if you try to freeze it?

We shall NEVER know. laugh.gif

See, this is why we needed multiple chances DX

I would like to try trading mine for a Neglected to get my first but it's impossible so I'll just keep it tongue.gif

I think they'll be normal adults anyway.

The best thing could happen would be an update in which TJ gives them dimporphism lol

Here's a question (that no one is going to try) what happens if you try to freeze it?

I was wondering that too. I bet they'd freeze flipped, but return to normal if/when all the others return to normal.

No way am I going to try it. I don't want to scuttle my chances of having one of these. user posted image

WELL - as someone said, it is all only a browser coded thing - if you save the images they open up in Picture Manager as normal, so.... (Laura's, being manipulated, doesn't count !)

"Spidermint" would have been a great name, but apparently there's someone using that wink.gif

Tbh I feel like everyone needs to relax a little?

Not everyone can get something special and that's fine. It's part of what makes them special and sought after. It's a fun event and the anticipation has been exciting all around.

I'm glad that people have used bite on them and might freeze them, it's cool to see what might happen. Experimenting is fun.

In the end it's just a mint dragon.

I don't need to relax, thank you. ohmy.gif What is this, the lifestyle advice section?

I agree that it would be nice if the people who got eaten or nothing from this event would get a badge, that would be a nice 'consolation prize'. I'm ok without one, since i got an egg out of it, but it would be nice if everyone got *something.*