Sparrownado

Blame other person or say nothing prompt?

AP sure is crowded right now, I haven't seen any Mints go around but hopefully some will appear.

AP sure is crowded right now, I haven't seen any Mints go around but hopefully some will appear.

Saw a right side up one but it flew by in a second...and been hunting for at least 30 minutes unsure.gif .

The upside down Mint hatchlings are so cute! wub.gif

I never got any egg at all, which is really disappointing.

Don't understand those that were lucky enough to get one, yet CHOSE to bite\kill it. blink.gif

Looking to trade my Silver baby for an upside Mint in the trading threads, but so far, no-one is biting. *cries*

As I said earlier in the thread, try the Eggs Around the World Dragonmarket if you are not having luck with forum trades. I was able to successfully trade after posting there.

And regarding the AP hunting, I hunted over an hour before catching my mint there. So don't give up!

The upside down Mint hatchlings are so cute!  wub.gif

I never got any egg at all, which is really disappointing. 

Don't understand those that were lucky enough to get one, yet CHOSE to bite\kill it.  blink.gif

Looking to trade my Silver baby for an upside Mint in the trading threads, but so far, no-one is biting.  *cries*

Okay, first of all, I would never had crack mine in the first place had I known they were going to hatch upside down.

Second of all, I got to say that this event was organised pretty poorly.

I've seen a few fly by. I doubt I'll be able to catch any on my phone with so many people but they are showing up.

I hope they'll still be dropping in the AP by the time I get home. Ive got no luck hunting on mobile. sad.gif

I've been hunting for over an hour in the AP and seen three Mints just whoosh by.

I don't mind regular releases being hard to catch, because at least then everyone has an opportunity to catch one at some point, but this prank just isn't funny.

I had one opportunity, didn't even know what the whole thing was about and didn't get an egg. Now the whole event just feels like a big (beep) you towards the players. And this is just my opinion. I love regular Holiday releases / events because everyone gets to participate and have goodies and fun.

I'm happy for those lucky people who got the egg / hatchie and I hope you get to keep them.

Edited by Singalana

Actually mine is also an uninfluenced female. But hidden, so I can't show you. WAIT:

user posted image

Mine is also an uninfluenced female; I wouldn't have checked normally, but Cave is only really useful for copper breeding in females.

I've been hunting for over and hour in the AP and seen three Mints just whoosh by.

I don't mind regular releases being hard to catch, because at least then everyone has an opportunity to catch one at some point, but this prank just isn't funny.

I had one opportunity, didn't even know what the whole thing was about and didn't get an egg. Now the whole event just feels like a big (beep) you towards the players. And this is just my opinion.

I'm happy for those who got the egg / hatchie and I hope you get to keep them.

Like I said, this event was planned poorly. At least I'm going to have two right side up mint dragons after all this is over.

There's a good laugh and then there's taking a prank too far. This is taking it too far. I don't mind Mints, but making them upside down and having to go to extreme lengths to get them is making me want one less and less.

Okay, first of all, I would never had crack mine in the first place had I known they were going to hatch upside down.

Second of all, I got to say that this event was organised pretty poorly.

Hey I am sorry for your loss, but to be fair no one would know what would come out of the upside mint. Which is pretty good reason not to bite it, because the risk far outweighs the gain in case something good were to actually come out of the egg. If you really needed to bite it, you could have left it fogged and checked other people's updates what it hatches into and then bite if you needed to. I'm not trying to put you at fault, but I am just saying you have to weigh your options and do accordingly because no one is going to give us prior handouts, specially on April fool which is all about surprise/suspense, as to what is going to happen at each stage.

my uninfluenced mint is male according to precog

Same here. Gonna let it hatch as Male too.

Hey I am sorry for your loss, but to be fair no one would know what would come out of the upside mint. Which is pretty good reason not to bite it, because the risk far outweighs the gain in case something good were to actually come out of the egg. If you really needed to bite it, you could have left it fogged and checked other people's updates what it hatches into and then bite if you needed to. I'm not trying to put you at fault, but I am just saying you have to weigh your options and do accordingly because no one is going to give us prior handouts, specially on April fool which is all about surprise/suspense, as to what is going to happen at each stage.

Yes, but look at what it's become: a problem. People managed to get more than one because of a glitch. The unfortunate ones who were eaten by the dragon are now in the ap clamouring over abandoned mint eggs hoping one will be upside down.

Like I said, this event was planned poorly. At least I'm going to have two right side up mint dragons after all this is over.

There's a good laugh and then there's taking a prank too far. This is taking it too far. I don't mind Mints, but making them upside down and having to go to extreme lengths to get them is making me want one less and less.

But you did have one and you bit/killed it. You seemed pretty happy about the event when you had it. Now suddenly, not so much. Like others have said, more research was needed. You just poorly planned your choice. Maybe you'll be able to catch one in the AP.

I got eaten and am locked with other things so I probably will never get an upside down special eggs sleep.gif

I'm gonna be so mad if this will create new Frill/old pink special individuals on DC mad.gif

Somehow I feel like this will all normalize when the Mints grow up, only the location and date will differentiate them from normal Mints. We don't have raffles anymore because that caused too much drama, so I don't see that they would've wanted to create a new event that causes even more drama with a weirdly functioning event on April's Fools.

Somehow I feel like this will all normalize when the Mints grow up, only the location and date will differentiate them from normal Mints. We don't have raffles anymore because that caused too much drama, so I don't see that they would've wanted to create a new event that causes even more drama with a weirdly functioning event on April's Fools.

I wish the raffles would have been continued, because that was (in my opinion) also an equal opportunity to everyone who participated. Of course I was a bit disappointed when I didn't win, but at least with more Prize dragons maybe the chance to eventually get a 2G Prize would be higher.

Edited by Singalana

I do wish everyone that was here on April 1st got something during this little event.

TJ thought it would not be a big deal but he always underestimates how big a deal of things people can make on here lolxD

Yes, but look at what it's become: a problem. People managed to get more than one because of a glitch. The unfortunate ones who were eaten by the dragon are now in the ap clamouring over abandoned mint eggs hoping one will be upside down.

So basically every event should be 100% glitch free and everyone has to get everything otherwise burn the house down. Nice.

All this for an egg that will probably disappear or just grow up normally because last I heard, no one has confirmed it's exclusive and oh... it was released on APRIL FOOL? But that possibly ...couldn't mean anything like... like a joke. Right?!

I just feel that it's not helping to overreact so much and create a false sense of urgency based on completely baseless assumptions.

Again, not trying to offend or undermine, but better to enjoy the event while it lasts instead of ruining it for everyone because of the WHAT IF.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

So basically every event should be 100% glitch free and everyone has to get everything otherwise burn the house down. Nice.

All this for an egg that will probably disappear or just grow up normally because last I heard, no one has confirmed it's exclusive and oh... it was released on APRIL FOOL? But that possibly ...couldn't mean anything like... like a joke. Right?!

I just feel that it's not helping to overreact so much and create a false sense of urgency based on completely baseless assumptions.

Again, not trying to offend or undermine, but better to enjoy the event while it lasts instead of ruining it for everyone because of the WHAT IF.

I think you're being overly harsh here.

No one is trying to ruin the event for anyone else, we're just sharing what we thought were problems with it. There's no need to get up in arms on defense.

Assuming that the egg will go away and using that as reassurance is still relying on a "what if".

I think it's very easy to tell it's exclusive based on the fact that it was only available for one day and that no one (was supposed to) get more than one chance at it. The eggs have hatched and the results have stayed and most of DC's April Fools events have been permanent -- our assumptions are not baseless.

People are disappointed, and that's perfectly fine.