AroaraAngelwolf

Voyages of the Pegasus

Over the next few weeks of travel, Jacus slowly opens up to Ezera and her crew, though not openly stating his pirating history. It took him three days to get the maps ready for the captain, so he has spent the rest of his time helping tend to the ship, even sharing some of his sailing knowledge with the others.

According to the map, they show be 2 to 3 days away depending on weather. Jacus is currently analyzing the sails, testing the rigs and knots holding them together.

Ezera left Jacus to his devices, mostly manning the helm or helping her brother in the kitchen. Every now and again she'd have a bit of fun with her crew, having a sparring session or scrubbing the deck with them. She sang shanties and was all around relaxed. That is, until they got close. Then she tensed up. Today, she climbed up the ropes like a spider on a web and stood with her look out. Something was bothering her. it was too clear, too calm. No ship had followed them, they would've spotted them by now, however the woman had a feeling that wafted from the sea itself. "Keep your eyes pealed and on the water!" She shouted down to her crew. "Something doesn't want us here! stand ready!"

Jacus frowned as the captain shouted out her warning. A shiver ran down his spine as she was right, something was too good about this journey. This treasure was among one of greatest in the seven seas, and they have been blessed by good fortune for far too long. He ran to the bow of the ship, looking forward over the ships figurehead. He scanned over the water as he drew his pistol, "I don't see anything off the bow Captain!"

"Clear!" Called another on the stern. "Just because you can't see it yet, does not mean it isn't there!" She called down and grabbed a rope dropping down to the deck and drawing her blade. "Don't relax. It'll strike when we least expect it. Perhaps around dinner or dark.... keep ready..." She warned.

Jacus growled, "Who says it's not directly under us?! We need to get our censorkip.gif together and arm up before whatever manner of sea beast strikes. Make the call captain, we need to do something now!" He looked to here for an order, something he missed being in the position to give. He needed to know the torch was being passed to someone of worth.

Ezera turned towards him. "Have you ever fought a sea serpent or a kracken sailor? You've been to my quarters, you saw the bones on my walls. Each and every one of them are from some sea monster I and my crew have killed. You said you'd take my order, so when I say be ready, that means be ready. These aren't stupid fish... they are smart and tactical. To beat them, one must be smarter. We shoot in the water now, the thing will wait until we're all dog tired to attack and we'll be dragged down to Davy Jones before week's end. You want that?" She said coldly. "We make it think it has the upper hand. That it holds the surprise, but it won't show it's face if we do somethin now. The only way to kill these things is in the head, understand?"

Jacus growled, he had fought monsters before, but it had been too long. He was still rusty in sea combat, his last few years had been self survival, not tactical battles or ship control. He kept his sword ready and sighed, "Aye aye Captain." His eyes scanned the water. He kept quiet and listened to the water, the creaking of the wood, the wind. His eyes were a distraction for the first part of this fight, he needed his ears too, and he was ready. He was in this crew now, he needed to trust Captain Ezera, like his crew trusted him...

Sure enough, everyone acted like it was a normal might,stumbling around at dusk like they were drunk, but the only thing in their mugs was water. When everyone was pretending to be sleeping, that's when the boat in the still water rocked slightly. Something that could be brushed off as a whale or dolphins.

Another bump, harder this time. Grips on swords and guns tightened. Then the beast burst through the water and made for the helm where the captain stood. With a battle crying, she fended off the beast by cutting its nose. The others leapt in to action as well

Jacus was at the ready too. Hiding in the shadow of the mast, he free fell down towards the beast, sword in both hands going for a downward stab. His blade pierced between the scales, a splatter of blood covering his face and clothes as he mounted the monster and sunk his weapon into it's body. His legs locked onto the beast as he removed his blade and stabbed again in a new spot, doing what damage he could before it would react to his attack.

The beast screeched as it was attacked. The sound of the canon came then a harpoon embedded into its scales. It thrashed, trying to throw him and destroy the boat, but it steadily sank as the water surrounding it  turned wine red. With a shout, Ezera joined jacus on the monster, stabbing and jerking her blade to get in deep cuts and do more damage, using those marks to climb up its blood soaked back to it's head to finish it off. 

Jacus ran up it's back to join her atop it's head. With a quick nod, he stabbed his blade into the opposite side as her blade, allowing them both to slice down in half circles together, decapitating the monster from the deep. Jacus jumped onto the deck and panted, "...wow... that dusted out this rusty clock..." he grinned, "Amazing job, Captain."

"Not to shabby yourself. Told ya I knew what I was doing." She said, digging out a fang from the beast and pushing it's head overboard and the crew set to work, cleaning the deck and patching the ship. 

Jacus cleaned his blade and walked up to Ezera, "Where do you want me? Cleaning? Reloading weapons? Charting? Give the order and I'm there." There was a new tone of enthusiasm in his voice, like something that was dead inside him had finally come back to life.

"Getting a little excited aren't we? He have our course, I want you to help sharpen and reload the harpoons, then checked the masts for any damages. " she ordered with a grin, grabbing a brush and started cleaning the deck. 

Jacus nodded and quickly went over to where they were gathering the rope for the harpoons.It didn't take too long, and he made his way up the main mast. He stopped at the top and stared out over the sea, mesmerized by it's shimmering blue hue and rolling waves. He couldn't lie anymore to himself, he missed this more than anyone could comprehend. THIS was his home... the ocean... a ship... a crew... freedom. That being said, the masts took awhile to be patched up as he gazed over the water.

Ezra scrubbed the deck with the rest of the crew and chopped up what was left of the sea monster, bringing the parts below deck. Then sap was brought up to patch the damage done temporarily.