AroaraAngelwolf

Voyages of the Pegasus

"Ah!" She moved the dishes away. "Absolutely no killing. When their backs hit the deck, you win. Any further than that, you will regret it. " He warned and then handed him the food. They left them to eat in peace

Jacus simply grumbled as he ate. Then tossing the plate out of his cell, he waited for someone to let him out. "So now their using me for cockfights... so much for the navigator position."

"Hahaha! No, this is simply a test of your strength. I need to know how much manpower it takes to keep you on this ship. " the captain said behind his mask. "I know where we are going for the most part, however, when we get to more tortuous waters, I need you to guide us so we all don't meet Davy Jones at the bottom of the sea. You ready to win this sword back? I like it, but it clashes with my saber. " He unlocked the door and waived him out. "Go on up. Your first fighter is Domc. It should be easy for you... He is quite feminine. His banter may make you uncomfortable however. Well, depending on what side you row your boat on. " again the captain chuckled.

Jacus ignored that last comment as he walked onto the deck. He staggered going up the stairs, but regained his footing and looked around at the other pirates working the ship, the blue sky and sea, the smell of salt in the air, and the circle that he was going to be fighting in. "...great."

Jacus walked into the little ring we was to fight in. He looked to the Captain, "Alright? Were is the first opponent?" He crosses his arms.

The crew where laughing and one of the men, a slender, long haired fellow was in the middle of the ring dancing around and making a show, but obviously it was just that. A show.

Once the fight started, it didn't take long till he hit the deck. Another came after him. And another. In all six men fought him , seven where on board the ship, only broc didn't fight him. Then the still masked captain stepped in the ring. "Looks like you're up against me now."

Jacus looked at the captain, then pointed at Broc, "What about him? You said the whole crew."

"No, I said the male half, and nobody can beat Broc. Look at the man, he's a mountain! He's the referee. Now you want to get your sword back or not? " He said and charged at him in an attempt to tackle him at the waist.

Jacus raised an eyebrow at the captain's style. He went lower, wrapping around her legs for a flip.

When flipped, the captain's mask fell off and they got up quickly raising their fists and went in for a punch in the chest. They kept at the punches and went for a few high kicks. They were obviously skilled. However a few of his hits hit a couple things that where a little too soft to be a man.

Jacus blinked as they fight began to feel... bizarre. Using his arms to block some kicks, He did a sweep kick trying to make him fall over.

The captain hit the ground hard. In a fit of anger, they punched upwards, in between his legs. A pot shot that a man would rarely take unless situations where dire. The low voice of the captain dropped. Instead, it was a higher feminine sound. "You fight good lad. But I don't play fair. " they spat at him.

((Ovipets?))

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Jacus staggered back, holding his groin in pain, he saw spots, then red, this captain was going to get it. The pain nulled away as blood rushed to his head and began to swing his fists at the captain, no holding back, it didnt matter if the punch his his arms, chest, or face, he was beating the captain into a bloody stain on the ship deck.

Broc lifted jacus off of the captain and cast him aside in some nets. The captain's shirt was torn from where he grabbed it to hit her. Yes, her. A chest band was seen below the torn fabric. Despite her bloodied nose, black eye, split lip,chipped tooth, most likely cracked ribs and several already darkening bruises setting in on her sun kissed freckled skin not once did she cry out in pain or shed a tear.

"My fault..." she croaked out spitting out blood as her crew closed in with knives guns and swords in hands. "I prevo- I made him mad. ... deal is a deal sailor. You... won your blade back." She says and took the sword from Broc handing it to him, hilt first.

Jacus took the sword and examined the blade, making sure it wasnt tampered, once he was satisfied, he attached it to his hip and looked at the Captain, "Do I sleep in the brig or do I get a room?" There was something to his posture, like he was willing to take an order. "A navigator needs a table to work on."

"Share with Broc. Second biggest other than mine... " she said then raised her voice. "I'm fine you sea slugs now get back to your stations or else you'll swab the entire deck with a baby hair brush!" She shouted, gritting her teeth when it hurt her to do so. "I'll show you to your quarters... " she said softly waving him behind her as she stumbled below deck through a different door. The circle dispersed at once but not after each one gave jacus a glare and their captain a worried look. Broc actually growled at him as he passed.

The captain stumbled down the hall and opened a door near the end of the hall, only one other room was beyond that. "Toby... you and Broc got a roommate. This is.." she let him introduce himself.

The lad clad toby looked no more then nineteen and was exactly like her. "Ezera! What are you nuts!? " the boy ran to her as she learns against the wall. "This is Toby, the cook and medicine man on this ship. Also my kid brother. "

Jacus gave Toby a look, "...Jacus. Apparently your navigator..." he sat down and looked at the captain "...so... how many of your men know about your... " he gave her a scanning look. During the fight he felt things on her that a man should have... and the pieces came together, but Jacus remained calm.

Edited by Dotzrus

The woman was struggling to get her torn tunic off. "Sis, not here..."

"The whole crew knows. I ain't shy about it either, but your lucky. Not many men can see me like this and keep their tongue. " rip She tore the rest of the shirt open. "And this is the infirmary. Half my crew are women too. That's known, but a woman captain that bested so many men.... oh man, you'd think the other sailors would be babes in diapers with the hissy fit they'll throw knowing that tidbit."

She stripped off her torn tunic. A chest band kept her flat, and it helped that she didn't have a large bosom either. She was fit, and body littered with scars. Mostly a handful in a few places and a single line in others. Bruises on her rib and chest from him hitting her, and it looked like it was very painful, yet still the woman made no wince or action that said she felt anything.

Gingerly she laid down on her brother's bunk. "Ezera! What are you doing?" Her brother tried to cover her up. "Oh jeez, I walk around like this on a hot day with no trade winds blowing. He's not seeing anything important, and this doubles as the infirmary so you get to work. I'm not paying ya because your my blood you know.." she said pushing him away. "Nothing you haven't seen either brother. " she huffed. Obvious they had this conversation before her brother huffed irritated and went to a table with dry herbs and jars of paste on the wall in a old fishnet. He plucked a jar from the net and went back over to his sister. "Broc likes the hemoc, you get the other bed by the port hole. " her brother waved to the other corner of the spacious room that had a desk, a bed and a trunk for clothes or objects at the foot of it. A large sheet of canvas stretched from the adjacent corner to the center of the room. A large hammock for a large man.

Jacus looked at the Captain as she shared her secret. He shrugged and sat down onto the bed given to him, "You wont hear any problems from me... just be glad you didnt sell or get rid of my sword..." He turns his sword hilt up, and unscrews it, a secret compartment was in the handle, he pulled out a mathematic compass and ruler, cartographer tools. He quietly looked them over.

"We just left port who in Davy Jones am I going to sell it to? Besides I would've kept it on my Ahhhh! T! Watch it!" It was the first time she reacted to any pain. Her brother was pressing on her bruised side. "You have a couple cracked ribs. " "I know that! Stop it that hurts!" "She doesn't sell or give away things she likes. My sister is a hoarder." Toby said over his shoulder wincing as his sister hit him. He glared at her then back at jacus. "My sister's real name is Ezera, Perseus is a cover name. Welcome aboard the Pegasus Navigator. " He said formally and continued to treat his sister where she'd yelp and tell him off and he'd make another retort. The two bicered until Toby carried his sister to her room, the last one on the hall after giving her tea and rum to numb the pain.

Jacus watched them leave and then puts his tools back into his sword. He drew the blade and looked it over, "...I hate fate... but you bring me back to the sea... different ship, different crew... different Captain... Lord have mercy on my soul."

"Strong words.." Toby said softly having returned quietly. "I'm only on this boat for my sister. Otherwise I'd be a doctor.. and dad pressured her into this too. Brainwashed her into thinking she was only fit for this work. That it was either this or selling herself. The sea is the only thing she knows. Get her off the boat for too long.. she flips like you are now. " Toby sighed rearranging his work station.

Jacus looks up at Toby, "Are you familiar with the Legend of the Crimson Sky? I hear it all the time in bars and pubs..." he tucked his sword away behind him.

"Yes, I have. Who has sailed the seas and haven't heard of that ship? The kind of thing that gives me nightmares. " He shuddered. "Pegasus isn't like that though. Our tales are fabricated, those we took prisoner either joined the crew or we dropped them off on a paradise island to keep them quiet. Although.. my sister has cut tongues out and even burn them to keep from talking about her secret. Otherwise, we're a band of misfits society shuns for either liking the same gender, cross dressing, or outcasted for some other reason. Ezera is a little rough around the edges, and seems tough, but she's still a woman. "

Jacus looked at Toby with a more relaxed look, "Then why do they need a navigator? Why am I even here? Your captain knows nothing about some of us she is taking at random."