AroaraAngelwolf

Voyages of the Pegasus

"No, she grew up around them. It was dad that that recruited them. You're here because we're tired of this and was given a massive amount of gold, this ship full worth and more for one treasure that one king in particular wants for his wife. The king is offering things we all only dreamed about. You navigate us through the sea to the cursed isle. We handle the rest and if you comply, you get amisty and a cut of the gold too. " He said

Jacus raised an eyebrow, "The Cursed Isle? How am I to navigate us to a place I've never heard of before. Besides, oceans change, it's been years since I was last at sea. Safe passage could turn into jagged rock death pass." He looked out the window, "She is uncaring, unforgiving... the sea doesnt believe in Luck or Fate... only what is her's and what isnt."

"Honestly, the cursed isle is full of monsters. Someone needs to man the wheel that knows what their doing. Only sis and Broc know how to do that and they'll need everyone ready for attacks. With your skills in fighting, she knows you can guide the ship and hold your ground. " Toby started making another paste, mashing herbs together.

Jacus sighed, "Okay okay, I get it... when you check up on your broken captain again, tell her I'm ready to see her maps." He laid down on his bed, "At least the beds are better here than at port..."

"Bruised, not broken. She is like the sea you described. Wild and untamed by no man. It'll take a whole lot more to break her. I'll get her maps though. She is sleeping now." Toby left and returned with a arm full of parchments and scrolls along with two paperweights and set them on his work desk. " Now i have some work cleaning up your mess, then look at your knuckles later. " He said taking some salve and wrappings up to the top deck.

((can you try more then a small line please?))

Jacus nodded, "Yeah, tend to those poor saps, the captain is more to blame for their injuries than me." He sat at the work desk and took his tools out from his sword. He began the long process of reading the maps, drawing trade routes, marking spots he remembered from his past, ship graveyards, volcanic islands that emerged, the cartography works. The whole time he was doing this, he hummed.

"The fight was their idea. Not hers. Say another bad thing about the captain and I'll slip laxatives to you without you even knowing it's there. " the boy warned. No doubt he can cover the taste too. Bad idea messing with the cook and medicine man. He left for a while and the lunch bell rang five hours later.

Jacus rolled his eyes at the threat and went to lunch to lunch five hours later. He stood to the side of the crew mess hall, no sure where to sit being as he beat up all the men... if he sees Broc he sits next to him.

The ladies and the men sat with each other, all eating and drinking as loudly as the other. The captain wasn't there, and her brother served everyone the same thing, mashed potatoes, beans and hard tack with lemon water or orange juice to prevent scurvy.

Broc was there, sitting at a full table. The men he beat turned around and grinned at him. "Haven't had a challenge since the bearing sea!" Shouted one. "Welcome to the crew!" Called another.

Jac didnt smile, but he gave a few nods to the ones calling out to him. Seeing the table Broc was at was full, he took the closest chair available and sat down, then he ate, quite ravenously actually. He was hungry, very hungry, and he didnt realize it until now. He didnt pay any mind to those around him unless they addressed him directly. He cared not for gossip.

Toby left with a tray and the conversation turned from strange sights and wit battles to talk about the condition of the captain, worry about the mission and if the king was just leading them to a trap intending to hang the lot of them once they get into port with the treasure. They muttered softly watching the door for her brother's return.

Jac eyed the crew as they gossiped quietly. He finished before leaning back in his chair. He absorbed some of the words they spoke. He then looked at those nearby and spoke up, "What did the king promise in exchange for this treasure?" His attitude had slowly changing from street thief into tactician over the last few hours, and he wanted to know EVERYTHING again.

"The king said he'd grant us all a pardon from all acts of piretcy. He'd also give is a boat the size of this vessel full of gold and more gold that would fill this one too. That would set us all up with a good retirement, and definitely for Broc who is trying to support his big family. " the sailor said.

Jacus eyed the pirate who explain the purpose of this trip. He leaned back in his chair, sipping at whatever alcohol he was offered. "The king says he's willing to give all of that, to a pirate crew... your right to think it's a trap. But what we REALLY need to make sure of, are we being followed?" He put down his glass.

"You'll have to ask Alex, he's in the crows nest. " She said and returned to her meal.

Two thumps on the deck and everyone stopped talking about the captain and the king and switched back to their original conversations as Toby walked in with a half full tray.

Jacus sat silently for a moment before excusing himself back to his quarters. His stomach was smaller from his time as a thief, so he needed time to adapt to 3 meals a day. He gathered his materials again and began to chart out the maps, drawing perfect circles on the paper, arcing lines to compensate for Earth's shape.

((No idea how to respond to that.))

A knock came on the door and Ezera's voice sounded. "Quick let me in before my brother drages me back to bed!" She whispers through the door frame. She wasn't supposed to be up at the moment, but she had one more map her brother missed and it was the most important one. The map to the treasure itself.

Jacus went to the door and opened it, letting her in and then closing it behind her, "Acting sneaky like this makes question which one of you two is the real captain." He shrugged and sat back down, "What is that in your hand? Another map I need to chart?" He looked at her with a gaze of suspicion. She didnt seem very orthodox.

"I'm captain because I've been on this ship the longest. Anyway, I forgot to give you this. It's the map of the Isle that we're heading to. It's old, so I appreciate that you don't draw on it, but the landmarks would hopefully help us find the thing on a normal map. This is why I recruited you. I know where we're going, however, how to find it... is still iffy. " she handed him a yellowed scroll that the colors have faded from the paper. She handed him another, smaller paper. "The translation of the wording on it. They are riddles, and I'm sure I figured them out, so all you need to do is find where the answers best are represented on a map, and that's our course. "

He took the map in hand and gave her a puzzled look. It wasn't negative, more intrigue. "Your serious about pulling this off? Serious about listening to this king and risky yourself, your crew, and your ship to, This?" He hold up the map, looking her dead in the eyes. He was serious, reading Ezera's devotion to this, reading to see if she was determined, or crazy... or both. "This... isn't a normal treasure hunt."

"I am. I know. I am woman as well as a sailor. My crew has served me generously. They have lives and families off of this ship. They've been away for far to long. I want them to retire peacefully. Not having to worry about getting caught and hanged for their crimes. I want my brother find a woman, go to medical school and have a family. Broc has a family, and I'd like to return him safely to them. There's no reason to continue this anymore. We've seen the world, fought monsters, stole treasure, drank rum to our hearts content. I don't want them to die on the sea like many before us. " she said looking back at him with an intense green gaze.

Jacus locked eyes with her. He took in her words, and he sighed, "So, this is more of a final hoorah more than anything?" He nodded, looking at the parchment in his hands. He knew how she felt, the thrill of adventure melted by the reality of their our mortality. He knew it all too well. He returned his eyes to the captain, "I will follow this cause then. In a way, I need this too..." He gave a small smile, "Expect no problems from me aboard your vessel."

She smiled brightly. "Welcome to the crew then. " She salutes him and limped back outside and too her room too late. "I told you to keep laying down!" "Oh hush brother! You know I can't be still. "She huffed and stumbled as the ship tipped in a wave thumping into the wall. "Ow! "

Jacus chuckled to himself as he sat at the map table and opened up the parchment given to him. He began to analyze the map, and as ordered, didn't write on it. Instead he worked on making a copy to write on, outlining the paper under another. He continued this until supper time.