TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

I'll be refraining from catching Fire Gems for a while - I've got my full set now. I'd like to give others a chance to grab their own CBs! No rush for me since I don't have any immediate breeding plans for them just yet. Good luck to everyone still hunting!

I was doing that, but then my friend told me she hadn't caught any at all! So now I am trying to help her catch some. I had one extra red from a trade that I gave her.

When you put it that way, I do see how that makes it easier. I've given up keeping track of the lunars. I'm not stupid, I'm just either too tired or too lazy at the time.

I doubt anyone does! xd.png DDF has been a life saver. Or otherwise I simply reflex click, and abandon if it's a color I don't want.

I doubt anyone does! xd.png  DDF has been a life saver. Or otherwise I simply reflex click, and abandon if it's a color I don't want.

On the moon watch thread there are things you can add to siggy. The one I use shows the color egg currently dropping. Piece of cake

I think I forgot to say thanks to the spriters, exp Process, and to TJ for a lovely set of dragons. I love gem colors and the tetras has such a good smile and gorgeous shade of blue

Edited by ainisarie

So what are people thinking when it comes to good mates for these new dragons? What do you think would be a good match for their colors? smile.gif I wonder if Astrapi Xenos would look nice with the blue Fire Gems, their colors are similar... maybe too similar tho for a nice match? Hmm...

Edited by Silverwatermist

So what are people thinking when it comes to good mates for these new dragons? What do you think would be a good match for their colors? smile.gif I wonder if Astrapi Xenos would look nice with the blue Fire Gems, their colors are similar... maybe too similar tho for a nice match? Hmm...

You can see some mockups and ideas in the Breeding Plans thread. Fire Gems are here: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=178562

These seem like one of those breeds that look great with pretty much everything. =o

Welp, my very first Fire Gem grew up, so now I have an adult of these lovelies on my scroll. These are definitely another one of my favorite Dragons, and I'm really hoping that I'll be able to snag another green so I can have a pair of each color.

Also, the Tetras are really cute, too? I just love their big smile; it's so adorable! I'd love to get a whole group of them eventually, hehe. Their colors are lovely as well, and it's a nice addition the the current array of blues we have.

Anyway, thank you TJ for the release, and thanks to the spriters for these beautiful Dragons!

Oh sorry, I didn't know there was a thread about it! I'll head over there, thank you! smile.gif

Nothing to apologize for! You just might find more responses there. =p

Also, the Tetras are really cute, too? I just love their big smile; it's so adorable! I'd love to get a whole group of them eventually, hehe. Their colors are lovely as well, and it's a nice addition the the current array of blues we have.

Anyway, thank you TJ for the release, and thanks to the spriters for these beautiful Dragons!

I agree the Tetras look like very Merry Dragons and I am looking forward having a small herd of them in time. I have grabbed two and will wait until they are grown and others have had a shot before I start breeding a herd. rolleyes.gif

I am glad to say the drop rate seems to have gotten a tad bit better today for gems, and much better for tetras. They are still a hell to catch, but it is a relief they are at least not dropping as poorly now! laugh.gif

Oh I would jump on right at scheduled maintenance... ^^ So, have we bred our adults yet and see how they breed? Guessing that will be included in either this or the breeding plans thread?

And if they do drop nicely, I might try and hunt a little!

Oh I would jump on right at scheduled maintenance... ^^ So, have we bred our adults yet and see how they breed? Guessing that will be included in either this or the breeding plans thread?

And if they do drop nicely, I might try and hunt a little!

I hadn't bred mine yet because if they do breed hourly, my blue would have created a weird lineage. =p

EDIT: Just tried and got an antarean. Guess I should have tried a rarer dragon. =o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I hadn't bred mine yet because if they do breed hourly, my blue would have created a weird lineage. =p

Oooh, blue was the first dropped color, and currently aren't breeding/dropping blues?

At least theres only 40ish people in volcano right now, 500some online~

edit; make that 50ish and 600some xd.png

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

By breed hourly, I mean produce a color the same as what's dropping in cave. Nobody's reported their breeding yet, I just thought the theory was a smart one. I wanted to wait until the blue hour to try breeding my one adult (a blue), so if they did breed a blue, it would be a nicer looking line. =p

Just bred it and ended up with an antarean. =o

Uh-oh. =o Bred my red fire gem with an astrapi and got an astrapi.

user posted image

Let the rarity flow through them.

ha...Muhahah...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Edited by blockEdragon

I had two Blue Fire Gems grow up nearly 3 hours ago and almost immediately bred them. One was bred with a CB Gold and the other with a CB Silver. Neither produced any offspring! sad.gif Looking at the reports of others, I'm beginning to fear these may be difficult breeders. unsure.gif In a way, I guess that was to be expected - first they barely dropped and were hard to catch, now they are being difficult with breeding. Kind of reminiscent of other rares (especially Metallics), I think. :s

Now that they're grown up:

I really loooove the Tetra Dragons! They're wonderful! smile.gif

The Fire Gems are cool too, but I don't like the end of the tail, it looks like a second mouth. And I don't like these huge ends of tails in general, e.g. at the Honey Drakes too. But beside this they're awesome!^^

My one dragon is about to grow up any second. I wish these dragons weren't driven to the point where they were because I would have had more by now and my blues better not be temperamental and refuse each other. I would hate to try to search for another blue for Mrs Jazz Hands

Well I just bred my female Blue Firegem with silver but got a Red gem egg...

They seem to be dropping every five minutes now, even if it is just one. It is still not enough though since I can't NAB any just yet and I'm getting frustrated! mad.gif

And don't tell me I need to be patient because as I'm on mobile and I desperately want to catch these fire gems to start my lineage

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

My one dragon is about to grow up any second. I wish these dragons weren't driven to the point where they were because I would have had more by now and my blues better not be temperamental and refuse each other. I would hate to try to search for another blue for Mrs Jazz Hands

Using fertility would be a good idea to lessen the chance of refusal!

Well I just bred my female Blue Firegem with silver but got a Red gem egg...

It's only one result, which is by no means confirmation, but if I'm not mistaken right now is the red drop period. So it looks like breeding may also follow the hourly schedule.