TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

Anyways, how are these guys dropping? I saw one today, although I haven't been hunting for long, and yesterday I spent 4 hours only to see two of these guys fly by. I was afraid they would be user-rare. Should have dropped one of the others to focus on them.

I was wondering the same thing. What does user rare mean?

Edited by demondog

'User rare' aka 'user driven rare' are dragons that are site coded to produce ratios of common/uncommon but appear as 'rare' due to the amount of users who are collecting them.

A great example of 'user rares' are Xenos. Technically they are all uncommon but some of them rarely show in the cave.

These Fire Gems are dropping like rares...but are most likely coded to be Uncommon ;p

User rare means its a dragon whose supposed to be common or uncommon, but because it is either popular or hard to find among the masses (like now), it becomes rare.

I believe that's happened to the Blusangs, Gemshards and Kingcrownes if I remember right. I don't read through every comment in new release threads. happy.gif;

ETA: ninja.gif'd lol.

Edited by Syiren

OK I know this is getting a little off topic, but how do you know if something is "coded" to be rare vs. user-rare? Where does it state the rarity other than the wiki, which I believe classifies some user-rares as rare?

Funny story

I was working on them and got stuck on "what do I do with my hands"

Birdzgoboom jokingly suggested "jazz hands"

It ended up sticking

laugh.gif That's great!

He's trying to catch the red dot.

laugh.gif Good one!

OK I know this is getting a little off topic, but how do you know if something is "coded" to be rare vs. user-rare? Where does it state the rarity other than the wiki, which I believe classifies some user-rares as rare?

Rarity is not stated anywhere publically (except in dragon requests when people are creating the breeds). Only TJ knows the true rarity of all species.

Edit: Concept artists would know the rarity of their own breeds as well.

Edited by Jazeki

Rarity is not stated anywhere publically (except in dragon requests when people are creating the breeds). Only TJ knows the true rarity of all species.

Edit: Concept artists would know the rarity of their own breeds as well.

I have no idea on Fire Gem rarity. It's a mystery to everyone =D

There was a Fire Gem at the xx:40 drop. I clicked it and missed it. I don't even know why I clicked it...I'm scroll locked with low-time AP hatchies. They are definitely still dropping.

Ahem, those who has no new eggs... I can give one blue hatchling and one tetra egg (tetra in 1 hr tho).

See, this is the kindness that let's dragon cave run. biggrin.gif Kudos to everyone else, such as Raptor, Celly, Pyranka, and the countless other kind souls that have been involved in this release.

It is not in any way blaming the victims. But if does let the bullies know they got under your skin. For them, that is gratification and justification. And it won't stop them.

You have misunderstood. The person I quoted said that viewbombing is a direct response to people with a lot of eggs telling those who don't, "Don't be salty". I don't care how rude someone is, or how many of the coveted eggs they have, if they are viewbombed it is still the fault of the bombers, not the victims.

But as we've seen here, many of the victims are actually people who are helping others get their eggs. Viewbombers do it out of spite, and because the anonymity of the internet allows them to be jerkfaces. Probably they have bad breath too. So much could be avoided with proper dental hygiene.

Saw a single fire gem in volcano for a split second, there's still hope!

I saw one too. I just saw it. I hadn't seen one in 2 days I was so surprised I just sat there. LOL. But.... there IS hope.

Saw 2 of the firegems in the top of the hour btw, so they still exist. They weren't on the right side though so I couldn't get them... sad.gif

Edited by MisaTange

Lovely adults, I love the look of both breeds, especially the Gem dragons. Sadly, the release was far from fun, since the real release for the Gems only seemed to last for less then a day and then only got progressively harder to find new eggs (I kept hoping the whole thing was a glitch and that the organizers would fix it tongue.gif ). Still, I'm happy to see they're still showing up during the 5 minute drops so at least they're don't seem to be rares. Guess I'll have to try and catch/trade for them later. Thank you to all the artists, you've all done a wonderful job!

To the organizers - please try to make the next release less tedious, I understand there needs to be a little challenge, but making things unnecessarily difficult is really not the right way.

Lovely adults, I love the look of both breeds, especially the Gem dragons. Sadly, the release was far from fun, since the real release for the Gems only seemed to last for less then a day and then only got progressively harder to find new eggs (I kept hoping the whole thing was a glitch and that the organizers would fix it tongue.gif ). Still, I'm happy to see they're still showing up during the 5 minute drops so at least they're don't seem to be rares. Guess I'll have to try and catch/trade for them later. Thank you to all the artists, you've all done a wonderful job!

To the organizers - please try to make the next release less tedious, I understand there needs to be a little challenge, but making things unnecessarily difficult is really not the right way.

If it is a glitch, TJ needs to fix it. However, seeing as he hasn't been on since the original release, I don't suspect we'll get an answer from him anytime soon. I have been trying all day yesterday to get him on. He is, however, a busy guy

Edit: just noticed volcano had 100+ people again. I'm hoping TJ comes on tonight

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

If it is a glitch, TJ needs to fix it. However, seeing as he hasn't been on since the original release, I don't suspect we'll get an answer from him anytime soon. I have been trying all day yesterday to get him on. He is, however, a busy guy

Edit: just noticed volcano had 100+ people again. I'm hoping TJ comes on tonight

TJ has said in other threads that he often logs on in invisible mode. So while he may not have posted, he may be aware of what is going on.

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I rather suspect the resounding silence from Up Above means that nothing is "wrong" and the new breeds are dropping as they're supposed to. :s

TJ does have a working job, and we need to respect that. Hopefully he is not getting spammed...and that he has cleared his PM box. Perhaps it is like what Jazeki said. Who knows...he works in mysterious ways.

Can any one tell my when the blue gems and green gems drop lol not that it will help but I only need 1 of each so maybe I will get lucky

There... aren't organizers. o.o

TJ picks some appropriate (ready for cave, been secret for the correct amount of time, has signed artist contracts) dragons, and then releases them. Their drop rate is set on a balance of their ratios catching up to the rest of the cave for some appropriate x amount of time (this is based off a post from last year when there was an issue, the first one I know of from a release; I don't know if something has changed in regards to this recently).

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Are the Tetra dragons just as scarce? Seems odd that both new breeds would be so hard to get. Plus TJ hasn't frozen any yet, so maybe he hasn't been on. I'm still holding out hope it's a glitch.

I have a quick question; is it true that the drops only lasted for 4 or so hours before old eggs started mixing in?

I don't know if anyone would know this, but on the off chance... is there anyone who can say which egg dropped twice in that 4 hour span? Technically there should be one egg color that's more common than the rest if that's the case?

I think it would be super cool (and fair) if the other 2 eggs had another hour drop at some point to even it out, if that's true.

4 hours for a drop isn't really the problem, but when the egg is timed like these are it really should be 4 hours for each color, so a 12 hour span. Wouldn't that make more sense?

Unless each color is capable of breeding the other 3 colors? Still, at least a 6 hour drop seems like it would've been more appropriate?

This probably isn't what you want to hear, but I rather suspect the resounding silence from Up Above means that nothing is "wrong" and the new breeds are dropping as they're supposed to. :s

I'm aware. I was hoping he'll have some input about whether or not it's​ supposed to drop like this or not so I can rest easy knowing.

But it is kind of a lot of work if you have 100+ people scrambling for one egg in the volcano every five minutes or so. A lot of people get upset and the ones who already have their eggs are not satisfied just yet with what they have.

I hope he comes on soon with some advice for us about the release. I checked the thread and was surprised to see that TJ hasn't posted since March 18 at 11pm.

Hope everything is okay.