TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

I'm enjoying the low time ap~ I'm not worried, I'll just catch what I need later. There's tons of even common breeds I haven't caught yet for my scrollgoals, so ^^ No stress

edit; in my views, when I get viewbombed, I don't say or post anywhere about it, because to me it just shows them it worked and bugged you. I personally see a big flashy red signature saying not to do it as a big giant "here i am" for them.

If cb's, I can always get those again later. It's the bred stuff, especially gifts or trades that I worry about, in which case I take it straight to PM's with the person directly.

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

I just saw 4 of the new eggs within the last 10 minutes and missed all of them lol I likely wont have much luck with finding any of these for a long time lol

If you go to the bottom of a dragon's view page (you can click on the fire gem adults in the first post), there's an artist copyright. You can see the one you are critiquing was 100% done by Process. That is their forum username, so that's who you can contact. :3

A lot of instances of art theft are not purposeful - people legitimately don't think about art actually belonging to the person who creates it. That doesn't change the fact that it is art theft, malicious or not. But honestly? These news threads are so large and move so fast that no one is really even going to remember my post or yours in the long run.

Critique isn't theft, even if it's more than a redline. If the artist or the critiquer were to use the resulting product from each other without agreement, that would be theft.

In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner. In other words, fair use is a defense against a claim of copyright infringement. If your use qualifies as a fair use, then it would not be considered an illegal infringement.

Considering they are harder to grab than CB silver at this point, the best bet is to run with whatever you can grab and color swap it later. Lots of folks looking for color swaps in trade, I swapped several of mine too.

That's great suggestion here. Except that I think CB silver is still harder to grab...Well I would love to trade my fire gem with CB silvers biggrin.gif

I'm not sure if this is a question better for a new release thread or tiny questions- but, has a spriter (Say Process in this case) ever not been able to get their own dragons upon release? Like maybe everything (trades, the cave, etc) has been terrible and they don't have one - do they automatically get some on their scroll, or would TJ compensate them if they couldn't get their own by x time? Curious minds ^^ I would think at least the spriters should get their own dragons if they wanted- and why wouldn't they want their own dragon?

It is not in any way blaming the victims. But if does let the bullies know they got under your skin. For them, that is gratification and justification. And it won't stop them.

Very this. AFAICT, what trolls and bullies like is seeing the reaction they caused. The kind of mentality that drives someone to do something as petty as view-bombing is also likely to delight in seeing peoples' bewildered, hurt reactions right there in B&W. :/

I'm not sure if this is a question better for a new release thread or tiny questions- but, has a spriter (Say Process in this case) ever not been able to get their own dragons upon release? Like maybe everything (trades, the cave, etc) has been terrible and they don't have one - do they automatically get some on their scroll, or would TJ compensate them if they couldn't get their own by x time? Curious minds ^^ I would think at least the spriters should get their own dragons if they wanted- and why wouldn't they want their own dragon?
I seem to recall when this was asked about holidays, an artist posted that no, they have to catch like everyone else. Edited by fuzzbucket

Interesting. So then they catch a "normal" and it is alt-ed later?

ETA: I actually saw a Tetra in the Coast and in the AP. Caught neither as my new glasses seem to be giving me slight double-vision on the computer and my clicks weren't actually on the eggs. haha sigh

Edited by lilbunniesdragons

Oh my I just checked volcano and 85 people are there, I'm curious how long it will be like this since demand for these guys are so high.

I got very lucky when getting my Fire Gems since I got them before the commons mixed in and even then I have only two greens and one blue.

If I didn't go to sleep for college then I would've probably gotten them all.

wish I was that lucky Audra. I havent been able to catch ANY of them. likely will take me ages to get any.

Interesting. So then they catch a "normal" and it is alt-ed later?

ETA: I actually saw a Tetra in the Coast and in the AP. Caught neither as my new glasses seem to be giving me slight double-vision on the computer and my clicks weren't actually on the eggs. haha sigh

I think only holiday releases get alts. And even then they look like regular dragons until TJ09 waves his magic mana-wand or whatever it is.

Thank you for the Fire Gem info, Process! I love them.

I'm hatchie-locked, for awhile now, so I'm just sitting back and poking at my dragons.

wish I was that lucky Audra. I havent been able to catch ANY of them. likely will take me ages to get any.

Ah man I hope you get one soon but it seems unlikely in this case since their demand is so high.

I'm sure someone will be nice enough to give you one!

which eggs are the tetra's? dont think I know about them either. and which biome are they in??

They're in the coast, and it's something along the lines of "This egg has faint markings."

which eggs are the tetra's? dont think I know about them either. and which biome are they in??

In the Coast and the Jungle. "This egg has faint markings."

Ninja'd xd.png

Edited by Ripan

Well, you're in good company haha. There's quite a number of us that have had no luck so far.

~Eggspam removed~ Please use /lineage/ links for growing creatures by replacing /lineage/ with /view/ in the url. /YwcSq

is that what this is? a tetra?? I think it had that same writeup when it was an egg

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

/YwcSq[/url]

is that what this is? a tetra?? I think it had that same writeup when it was an egg

Yep, that's a Tetra smile.gif

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

cool beans. that works for me then lol that means I now have 6 of those. perfect for at least starting a lineage at least. now I just need the new ones from the Volcano biome. thats not gonna be easy lol

just caught my first faint markings from the coast but have only been able to see one in volcano after 3 hours!- took a break( my F5 clicking finger was sore.) hope we all get at least one of each from coast/jungle and volcano.

Critique isn't theft, even if it's more than a redline. If the artist or the critiquer were to use the resulting product from each other without agreement, that would be theft.

In its most general sense, a fair use is any copying of copyrighted material done for a limited and “transformative” purpose, such as to comment upon, criticize, or parody a copyrighted work. Such uses can be done without permission from the copyright owner. In other words, fair use is a defense against a claim of copyright infringement. If your use qualifies as a fair use, then it would not be considered an illegal infringement.

First, let's start with the fact that fair use is subjective and rulings on it can vary wildly depending on a lot of factors. For instance, it's one thing to copy a few sentences someone says so that you can offer corrected grammar on them. It's a wildly different circumstance to copy someone's art and heavily edit it. It's also different when these edits are something like a redline for corrected anatomy and when it's an aesthetic edit for a subjective correction.

But, and this is the important part here, the great thing about DC is that we have a lot of communicative artists who we work closely with. Every now and then in DR, when a work is in the beginning stages of coming together, you run across artists who are perfectly content and satisfied to have 'round robin' works where critique comes in the form of sprite editing. But I don't know a whole lot of artists who are happy to have a polished and finished project edited by someone they don't know and without their permission. As we are a site that relies on artists in order to actually run, we will work closely with them to make sure they have the protections here that they want and deserve.

Besides, it's a common courtesy of anywhere, doing anything, to ask someone before you touch/use/take their property, whether this is their couch, their hair, or their art.

But we're getting rather off-topic here. The situation was easily and calmly taken care of, and the users involved have all moved forward. No harm done - everything's been smoothed over. So if you'd like to continue this discussion, please take it to PM. Or if you have a serious problem with this policy, you can create a Suggestions thread on it and hear more opinions on how DC should run in regards to art theft and fair use.

Ooooh, more drama! What would DC be without drama?

Anyways, how are these guys dropping? I saw one today, although I haven't been hunting for long, and yesterday I spent 4 hours only to see two of these guys fly by. I was afraid they would be user-rare. Should have dropped one of the others to focus on them.