TJ09

2017-03-19 - March Dragon Release

I wish during the first 2 or so weeks after a release that people were locked with how many CBs of the new breeds/variants they could own. Like for this release you would be allowed 6 Firegems and 2 Tetras (enough to get male/female pairs of each breed and variant color) that way people who have better devices/net/luck/have no life cant hoard every single egg drop and people who struggle during releases or who have school/work/young children can get what they need. After the week or two the cap releases and you can catch all that you want. For those looking to hoard...just as easy to hoard in 2 weeks as now and for those who breed? Not too hard to wait a couple of weeks either, heck might be easier to hunt when you dont have to fight people like me who just want a CB male/female of each breed/variant. The cap would only count the eggs on your scroll so if you traded off an egg or two you'd be able to get more, this will mean you can still do payments of release day eggs or use your first batch to buy something nice...though you may/may not be able to get CB metals/2g Prizes...which shouldnt be necessary fodder for an uncommon anyways.

Bet you all 20 to 1 everyone who complains to this have a ton of Fire Gems or some CB shinies/2G goodies that were paid for by tons of Fire Gems.

Edited by Vampyre

Also I just want to mention that luck is apart of the game, the releases are not made so that everyone can grab their full easy. If TJ wanted us all to get them without any problems he would tell us exactly when the release is. He does not want it that easy. We are lucky enough we know the times that releases happen and that its always on a weekend.

easy to talk from your position, looking at the eggs and hatchlings you have... dry.gif

As someone who has even participated in the copper release and pretty much every monthly release since the monthly release became a thing, I still find this release drop pattern abnormal and will refrain from being convinced otherwise until we hear about the response to the report that has been raised to TJ by sock. Yes there are hours they seem to drop like a normal uncommon, but then they are hours they disappear completely and no, it's not because I can't see it, I caught CB metal while hunting for these guys and clearly those go fast enough too.

Please let's not start pointing fingers at each other again. (this is not aimed at any one person here, just a general request)

I wish during the first 2 or so weeks after a release that people were locked with how many CBs of the new breeds/variants they could own. Like for this release you would be allowed 6 Firegems and 2 Tetras (enough to get male/female pairs of each breed and variant color) that way people who have better devices/net/luck/have no life cant hoard every single egg drop and people who struggle during releases or who have school/work/young children can get what they need. After the week or two the cap releases and you can catch all that you want. For those looking to hoard...just as easy to hoard in 2 weeks as now and for those who breed? Not too hard to wait a couple of weeks either, heck might be easier to hunt when you dont have to fight people like me who just want a CB male/female of each breed/variant. The cap would only count the eggs on your scroll so if you traded off an egg or two you'd be able to get more, this will mean you can still do payments of release day eggs or use your first batch to buy something nice...though you may/may not be able to get CB metals/2g Prizes...which shouldnt be necessary fodder for an uncommon anyways.

Bet you all 20 to 1 everyone who complains to this have a ton of Fire Gems or some CB shinies/2G goodies that were paid for by tons of Fire Gems.

I don't have a ton, and I do not support this. This is a collecting game, and people have the absolute right to collect as many as they can get. I wish I COULD catch more; I have traded exactly one gem for a classy shimmer and a BSA egg.

Also - what about all the dead ones post viewbombing - they'd still be on your scroll and counting as gems/tetras. Which would mean you couldn't even replace them until way later.

easy to talk from your position, looking at the eggs and hatchlings you have... dry.gif

Well you can always breed something nice to trade with if you can't catch any. A few of the hatchis I have come from me trading my prizes even though they're still not enough for any lineage work and I would DEFINITELY want more to drop in cave....

No. Please don't assume people are hoarding. And as Fuzz said, dead things would count for this. We already have scroll limits. There is no reason to add even more limits to prevent others from catching in the hopes of improving your own chances.That makes things unfair.

easy to talk from your position, looking at the eggs and hatchlings you have...  dry.gif

I have 4? That's hardly anything not even two of each

Edit:And I don't even have any new release eggs?xd.png

If you mean the copper and the Xeno like I said before they are super easy to get right now cuz everyone is hunting the new release

Edited by maylin

I've seen a few of the Fire Gems passing through the AP, so don't forget to check there every so often smile.gif

The statement above is correct. Keep an eye on everything, I've actually managed to steal one - and to miss a random Tetra. So yeah they're still there<3

ETA: do I even know how to type anymore

Edited by Light Concorde

I LOVE this release. I cannot catch new eggs anymore, but I managed to get my first CB SILVER. Srsly, I have never even seen one. There is no words that can describe my feelings.

So, I made a promise yesterday: if I catch a gold egg* this week, I will give away my third blue hatch to someone without new eggs. Is there a person around who doesn't have any new eggs? PM

*And I think that with my luck silver is as good as gold.

Edited by Imogen aen Corvo

Nope. I would NOT support that. Limited breed of dragons are only supposed to be for CB holidays; if all dragons are like that the point of the game is lost. This is a collecting game, come on, plus for rare eggs(though I'm not sure if fire gem will be rare) it is the easiest to get during release therefore of course everyone would be desperately trying to grab them.

And no, I do not have a CB prize or anything nice. I traded only 4G prizes that I am able to breed (not even 3G s) for a tetra and 2 fire gem.

Thanks for whoever generous enough to trade with me...

I don't have a ton, and I do not support this. This is a collecting game, and people have the absolute right to collect as many as they can get. I wish I COULD catch more; I have traded exactly one gem for a classy shimmer and a BSA egg.

Also - what about all the dead ones post viewbombing - they'd still be on your scroll and counting as gems/tetras. Which would mean you couldn't even replace them until way later.

Viewbombing is a direct response to people being told 'dont be salty' by people who have multiple new eggs/hatchlings or a response to someone saying 'I got x amount of x egg'.

If there was a cap then the amount of view bombs would be less as people would be able to get their eggs easier. Anyways if I remember right eggs are counted as their breed for only a day...you'd still have the rest of the week to replace the eggs you lost.

Sigh now to return to trying to trade a 2G rare (silver) for ONE red gem! No bites and Ive had it up for almost 12 hours?!? If it was CB id have like 3 dang Fire Gems ;_;

I love how CellyBean is getting all the credit lol. Oh well.

you're a huge help too and i appreciate all that you have done <3

Viewbombing is a direct response to people being told 'dont be salty' by people who have multiple new eggs/hatchlings or a response to someone saying 'I got x amount of x egg'.

If there was a cap then the amount of view bombs would be less as people would be able to get their eggs easier. Anyways if I remember right eggs are counted as their breed for only a day...you'd still have the rest of the week to replace the eggs you lost.

Sigh now to return to trying to trade a 2G rare (silver) for ONE red gem! No bites and Ive had it up for almost 12 hours?!? If it was CB id have like 3 dang Fire Gems ;_;

You actually do have limits on how many eggs/hatchlings you have on your scroll.

There are times I wish I had more room, like when the release happened Sunday, I only had room for a total of two eggs. I had to incubate a few of the eggs I already had to collect more and...Oh! Let's not forget I gave some away to other people allowing me to pick up eggs and rotate the colours out.

you're a huge help too and i appreciate all that you have done <3

You're welcome Celly <3

~Posts combined, please don't double-post.~

Edited by purpledragonclaw

While I'm not debating your fair intentions behind the suggestion, this game is fundamentally not built on limits or equal spread principles. It would become apparent to anyone within the first one or two months of joining. I have never caught a CB gold in my 8 years of playing, and same handful of people on site mostly have the capacity of catching them. I'm pretty sure TJ is aware of that, and over years I have not seen a single suggestion of limits or equal distribution being implemented for regular breeds, so I'm just going to say this now - any limit related thing is just not going to happen on DC. It is not how this game works.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I can't stand this anymore - when I don't put something into a hatchery all my eggs and hatchlings get in a lot of them, while when I put them in DragHatch they get removed from all the hatcheries.

What is this blink.gif

I can't stand this anymore - when I don't put something into a hatchery all my eggs and hatchlings get in a lot of them, while when I put them in DragHatch they get removed from all the hatcheries.

What is this blink.gif

Probably someone either trying to view bomb/starve your eggs/hatchlings. I'm jealous on how many of the new hatchies you have sad.gif

You actually do have limits on how many eggs/hatchlings you have on your scroll.

There are times I wish I had more room, like when the release happened Sunday, I only had room for a total of two eggs. I had to incubate a few of the eggs I already had to collect more and...Oh! Let's not forget I gave some away to other people allowing me to pick up eggs and rotate the colours out.

When you catch a new egg its at 7 days you then incubate it to 6 days...that gives you 2 days until you have hatchlings which means you are right back out catching MORE eggs. The cap I suggested would mean that regardless of age stage (egg, hatchling, adult) you would be limited to a set amount of each new release for at least a full week. So like with this release you'd only be allowed 6 Fire Gems and 2 Tetras max CB until the cb cap was raised. Which means if you caught a full scroll of new eggs and incubated to 6 days you'd still have to wait the full 7 days to hoard...not just 2. So if I had hit the release first day and gotten a full 7 eggs...right now I would only be able to get 1 more CB Fire gem or 1 more Tetra.

As it is I cant even trade for fire gems or see fire gems. Im being pragmatic and only wanting ONE red (willing to wait for the second green and red for later) but i can see ill have to wait to get the 3 I need. Not even wanting to hoard rn or to collect to take advantage of desperate folks in trades ;_;

As it is I cant even trade for fire gems or see fire gems. Im being pragmatic and only wanting ONE red (willing to wait for the second green and red for later) but i can see ill have to wait to get the 3 I need. Not even wanting to hoard rn or to collect to take advantage of desperate folks in trades ;_;

I will give you the red you need for now. wink.gif Sending PM.

Actually - and ghastlily - a lot of the recent bombing has been directed at people running generous gifting threads. sad.gif Two of my recent attacks were when I had posted eggs to be gifted in raffles sad.gif

ETA And I see one of the prime victims just posted.

Edited by fuzzbucket

I misclicked about a dozen time and am now locked with eggos for another hour. I'd be willing to breed any dragon for one of these Gems, as I can't seem to catch anything.

HUGE HUGE shoutouts to CellyBean and Raptor of Dragons for all the help they've been giving in the whole thread. You're great people! smile.gif

Well, I haven't been able to catch any more Fire Gems, but on the bright side for some reason there are TONS of rares around, and I'm seeing them more often because I'm hunting for Fire Gems. In the span of literally 30 seconds I had caught a CB Silver AND a Xenowyrm! (Not to mention a seasonal, which aren't rare but uncommon if I remember.) I also think I saw a Gold. don't know why there are suddenly so many rares, but I'm not complaining.

When you catch a new egg its at 7 days you then incubate it to 6 days...that gives you 2 days until you have hatchlings which means you are right back out catching MORE eggs. The cap I suggested would mean that regardless of age stage (egg, hatchling, adult) you would be limited to a set amount of each new release for at least a full week. So like with this release you'd only be allowed 6 Fire Gems and 2 Tetras max CB until the cb cap was raised. Which means if you caught a full scroll of new eggs and incubated to 6 days you'd still have to wait the full 7 days to hoard...not just 2. So if I had hit the release first day and gotten a full 7 eggs...right now I would only be able to get 1 more CB Fire gem or 1 more Tetra.

This would basically make it impossible to help others get new releases... Or colours swapping... my bf had 1 scrollful of greens only and if he was limited to 2 per each, he would never ever have a chance to get us the other 2 variants because he would be banned from catching more than 2 of ANY Fire Gems...

Anyway, no matter the reasons, no limits, please. Your suggestion is saying "I envy others who could catch 2 scrollfulls of new releases so let's make the game prevent the competition so it's easy for me to catch new releases if I'm coming a day after the release"... I hate seing people suggest sth that would ruin the game for some others...

Bigger drops would be much better than forcing limit on people who were more lucky or sth than you or I...