Alectrona

Pygmy Breeding Plans - now with Coral Pygmy Wyverns!

We have one for Drakes, why not another for Pygmies?

There aren't too many Pygmy breeds, and most of them were released before the days of threads for breeding ideas, so here's a pretty Pygmy plan place for pondering potential pairings! I feel no shame. I'll keep it updated with any new releases, too.

What are your favourite Pygmy pairings? Personally, if I had any Pumpkins I'd probably be breeding them with Kyanites; I like the colours together. I also love the Dark Mysts with pretty much everything, especially Misfits.

Of course, if there are any breeds you'd like to see together before you commit to a lineage, I'm sure examples can be provided!

Many thanks to Shokomon for Pygmy lineage templates: https://sta.sh/2rkj3er2ajx

Pygmy sprites courtesy of Shokomon:

All the Pygmies! ...And Pumpkins said:
Adults: latest?cb=20190904210223latest?cb=20190904203701 latest?cb=20190724122608latest?cb=20190724122203 latest?cb=20190704031326latest?cb=20190704031354 latest?cb=20190524115320 Mariner_adult.png Pipio_Pygmy_female.pnglatest?cb=20181004002554 Mimic_Pygmy_female.pngMimic_Pygmy_male.png Red-Tailed_Wyrm_adult.png Dusk_Pygmy_male.gifDusk_Pygmy_female.gif user posted image user posted imageuser posted image user posted image user posted imageuser posted image  user posted imageuser posted image user posted imageuser posted image user posted imageuser posted image user posted imageuser posted image user posted image

S2: latest?cb=20190902031531Glowback Pygmy mature hatchiAvea Pygmy mature hatchiKovos Pygmy mature hatchiMariner mature hatchiPipio_Pygmy_female_hatchi.gifPipio_Pygmy_male_hatchi.gifMimic_Pygmy_mature_hatchi.pngRed-Tailed_Wyrm_mature_hatchi.pngDusk_Pygmy_female_hatchi.gifDusk_Pygmy_male_hatchi.gifuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

S1: latest?cb=20190901204218Glowback Pygmy hatchiAvea Pygmy hatchiKovos Pygmy hatchiMariner hatchilatest?cb=20181001081428Mimic_Pygmy_hatchi.pngRed-Tailed_Wyrm_hatchi.pngDusk_Pygmy_hatchi.gifuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Egg: September_coarse_egg.gifGlowback Pygmy eggAvea Pygmy eggKovos Pygmy eggMariner egglatest?cb=20180930222118latest?cb=20180729053613latest?cb=20180422064034latest?cb=20170625075013latest?cb=20160821113518latest?cb=20150521041218latest?cb=20110521085052latest?cb=20110521085127latest?cb=20110521085150latest?cb=20110521085236latest?cb=20110521085257latest?cb=20100327182554latest?cb=20101029133918

Edited by Alectrona
More pygmies!

I need to figure out what to breed my Kyanite with though.

Kyanites are new enough to have their own thread for breeding plans, which can be found here and has some nice ideas smile.gif. Personally, I've been thinking of doing them in a checker with male Dark Mysts, I think they look great together.

Personally I haven't done too much with Pygmies even though Magelights are one of my favorite breeds. :) However I do have a few lineages I've done through Lovely Commons: x x x x

I think eventually I want to do something with Kyanites and Nilias, but there isn't a third blue Pygmy yet (Unless I use male Dark Mysts??) for me to make a proper LC.

Well, I've breed Nilla and Crimson Flares together.

I was also a fan of this pairing (I did the other gender), at least until the nilia sprite change. They were a much cuter pairing before with the nilia showing off its wings.

Those are some very lovely Commons, Denwayasha!

I am just starting my adventure with Pygmies, they are extremely cute smile.gif My current favourite are the darkest ones, they look like black cats with wings.

I am stupidly excited about finally starting to collect them, but I fee like this could be quite challenging. Wish me luck cool.gif

@lilysally: lovely lines! *o*

I really like male Dark Myst X female Seawyrm: https://dragcave.net/lineage/2q1I0 wub.gif

(all credit goes to Deinosaur for this one, I only snagged a pair of 4th gen in the AP ^^)

I did male Crimson Flare X female Pygmy a while ago: https://dragcave.net/lineage/lqBjy.

I planned to do Nilias X Crimson Flare before the sprite update, but now they don't really match that well.

Edited by Aleoleo

Bumping this because

NEW PYGMIES!

Also,

Updated for you!

- Wow, I just realized how big Mimics a compared to the other pygmies. Their hatchlings are bigger than even the pumpkins. 

-----

ADULT PIPIO's HAVE APPEARED! 

Begin the theorizing! 

Edited by Shokomon
New updated list at link

Kinda glad I haven't started my pygmy rainbow spiral yet because now I can begin with Pipio x Crimson Flare!

Spoiler

Pgymy_Pride_Single_Spiral_V3.png

I hope they won't release another pygmy for a good while because I have no more room and I already felt bad for not incorporating Pumpkins. XD  

A smaller idea would be Dark Myst x Pipio:

Pipio_DMyst.png

Thanks to @StarSea for updating the Lineage Viewer so quickly! 

4 minutes ago, scalesofgrey said:

Kinda glad I haven't started my pygmy rainbow spiral yet because now I can begin with Pipio x Crimson Flare!

Hide contents

Pgymy_Pride_Single_Spiral_V3.png

I hope they won't release another pygmy for a good while because I have no more room and I already felt bad for not incorporating Pumpkins. XD  

A smaller idea would be Dark Myst x Pipio:

Pipio_DMyst.png

Thanks to @StarSea for updating the Lineage Viewer so quickly! 

Ohhh! That spiral is PRETTY!

Can't believe I forgot I'd created this thread XD Thanks for the update, @Shokomon!

The lineage with Dark Mysts looks good! I think Common Pygmy x Pipio is nice too:

1gwUR79.png

I'm not really interested in pygmy lineages but these new cuties would go really well with anything I think. Love them with Dark Myst!

Because of their neutral color, the new Pipio dragons look pretty with everything! I can't wait to see checkers made with them and maybe make some myself. :) 

Bumping cause New Pgymies!

Edit:

Updated! Properly this time!

Pipio S1s are still so small compared to everything else.

Edited by Shokomon
Updated list at link

3 minutes ago, Ruby Eyes said:

You forgot to add the Mariners though?

Yeah, I'm doing this on my phone, and my browser has a nasty habit of refreshing while I'm switching between tabs. I wanted to save my progress with the Pipios before adding the Mariners.

Thank you though!

My pygmy stairstep just got even longer :)

Blank Templates to make stuff with:

1047849344_1-BlankLineageTemplate.png.5a7840b85020fc6ac3f164f68a1d7461.png

I don't remember where I picked this template up, but thank you to the person who made it.

If I ever find out who it was, I'll post it.

@Alectrona: For updating the OP.

Edit: Also, because I was bored - https://sta.sh/2rkj3er2ajx Have templates for ALL THE PYGMIES!

ALL OF THEM!

Have fun.

Edited by Shokomon

Bump for new pygmies! @Alectrona

I'll go grab the template for the new ones off the Infinity Breeding Thread later...

Edit: *after adding all the eggs* 

One of these eggs is not like the others~

One of these eggs is just not the same~

Also, templates! 

On 5/24/2019 at 8:42 AM, scalesofgrey said:

{snip}

Kovos Pygmies (Red)

Hide contents

Infinity-Reality.png Infinity-Reality-F.png

{snip}

Edited by Shokomon
Updated List at Link