Prismfights A Nightwing-Icewing

The Dragons/The Humans. War unleashed

Although their numbers were sparse, the ten riders were able to have the entire area surrounded. Forming a circle, Hjalti motioned for them to charge, as the ten riders circled around Julia and the dragon, there only two options being fly straight above or go into the lake. As they began their charge, some of the riders threw spears or shot their bows, aiming at the duo.

-

Julia was quick to raise her weapon, hopping up on the dragon's back. She had a few throwing knives, and could throw them at the enemy from her position on the dragon. "Ready when you are." Julia said, watching as the group of riders drew closer and closer to the duo.

Xel grows as she jumps on his back, (Dont get comfortable back there...) he roars and opens his wings, launching himself into the air with a heavy wing flap. From 0 to 100 in no time he made it to the sky, a few arrows and spears bounced off his golden scales. (Im going to loop us around, make them think we went one way, then U-Turn. Get ready for some fast flying.)

The dragon escaped. The ambush had failed. "Sir, they're getting away!" One of the soldiers said in an annoyed tone. "Search the area. They must've been warned by somebody." Hjalti said coldly, looking around for anyone or anything that might've helped the fugitive escape.

-

"Close call." Julia said as they took off, wiping a nervous sweat away. "Persistent aren't they?"

She watched as the two burst into the air and flew away. She let out a sigh of relief, she had to admit she was worried for them a bit. It would be a shame if her sudden interests died just as she was taking the time to observe them. Her instinct is to attempt to follow them, she certainly would be able to keep up if she flew. But she couldn't allow herself to make a noisy exit. The dragon tamer amd golden wyvern was gone, but their pesky little army was still here, posing as a threat. She quietly crawled do to a low branch and hopped off the tree and quickly waddled away from the army. She wasn't as camouflaged up in the trees as she was down on the ground. The dark leaves werr green enough to hide her in it's greeny safe haven, but on the ground, the sun beams and the lighted colored ground lit up a tiny wyvern making her slow getaway.

Xel grunted, (Much more than my liking.) They began to fly the way they came. Back to the burning camp, but as soon as they got inside of a large cloud mass. He stopped and flew in place. (We will hover for a bit, make them back track, then we go to the mountain. The clouds will be our shield.)

Xerick beat his wings harder, but the duo was fast. It was all too easy for the magi to loose track of them. "Well, that's just peachy." He rolled his eyes. "We should probably give up on the whole alliance thing. I have a feeling that whatever these two are running from, we'd only be leading ourselves into trouble. You know we can't afford trouble." He reminded the young man with a slight tilt of the head. Nico hated when he had a point. "Besides, anything can see us in these plains here."

"Okay, but..." Nico sighed. "If these two are in trouble, we can't just leave them to their situation! They may need help. Two dragons is better than one."

"A Golden Wyvern can fend off many things by himself. And we can't afford to get the mana in a situation where it may explode."

"The mana can explode if it's resting peacefully by a lake! There's no avoiding the risk. You of all dragons should know that." Nico chided. "Now c'mon! We should follow them."

Xerick scoffed. "You humans and your desire to save others you don't even know. You would risk your life for a goddamn rock." He sighed, and a certain expression fell on his face; the kind that came whenever he was about to do something he was convinced he would regret. "Fine. We'll keep going after the wyvern and his girl, but only to prove you wrong." Just as Xerick finished, a volley of arrows shot into the sky. The dragon let out a brief alarmed noise as he quickly dodged the arrows closest to him. Looking where the arrows were aimed, he briefly spotted another glint of gold going into a cloud, in the direction of the burned post. He also darted into the cloud, his powerful ears picking up a faint shout of annoyance.

Nico adjusted the goggles on his face, thankful for his flightsuit as cold water pelted his body. Now, how did you keep track of a girl and her dragon in a cloud?

"After them!" Hjalti shouted, odd for a man of such composure. The horsemen continued their ride, chasing after the duo, when another dragon and another human went after the duo. It was rare to see one dragon, let alone too. "Follow them... follow them both." Hjalti added on to his orders, as the horsemen sped after both the dragons.

-

Julia turned around, spotting a dragon with a human riding on it. "You know those dragon tamers you were talking about? I think we got one hot on our tail." Julia shouted over the wind to the dragon she rode. Preparing a throwing knife, she was ready to toss it if the other two got hostile.

Xel turned inside the cloud, his wings flapped to keep them afloat as he gazed at the two that followed them in. He frowned, (A tamer would have put armor on his dragon, not travel bags. If they end up being hostile, I can handle one Magi.) With that he went silent and waited for the two others to come to him inside the cloud.

Nico cast a glance behind him as the two sped into the sky. "You think they saw us? He asked worriedly, and received a snort from Xerick.

"Of course they saw us. How could you ever miss a bright orange dragon, flying through a plain, for god's sakes? You really are daft." He looked ahead, scanning the clouds for the duo. "It shouldn't be way too hard to find a shiny dragon in the clouds, especially a golden dragon. Now- ah, there he is." Soon enough, the hide of the wyvern was visible, even through Nico's droplet-covered goggles. He encountered many kinds of dragons, but the rare dragon was absolutely magnificent. To be truthful, Nico hadn't actually seen a Golden Wyvern before, only looked at sketches. To be able to see one at last would've been amazing, except for the fact that they were being chased.

Nico cleared his throat and cupped his hands on either side of his mouth. "Hello!" He shouted, expecting a snide remark from his magi companion. To his surprise, Xerick did not answer, but he did attempt to get a bit closer to the wyvern. Let's hope this works...

Xel let out a sigh of relief, (...and hostiles dont greet you before they kill you... usually.) He watched as the human and his rider got closer, he saw from the gear the boy had that he was used to riding this Magi. He reached out to their minds, (Greetings... Am I safe to assume you are not part of that hunting party? I'm getting REALLY tired of flying around for their sport.) He looked at the Magi directly this time, (I dont think you are ready for a fight.)

Suddenly, Bob floats up. "Hey! It's the mana merchants! I have 8 gold pieces fooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr.............. one air mana and water mana ,please!" He then notices Xel and Julia. "Oh, hi gang!"

Meanwhile, Hjatli's riders decided to camp out by the lake, in case the dragons were to return to the location. That and the horses and men were tired, and needed some rest. The ten riders didn't even know if their comrades back at the burning camp had survived the battle with the dragon. They could only hope.

-

Julia was quiet, though not wary. She'd been in the human military, this man was no soldier, that was for sure.

The green wyvern remained on the edge of the forest, the leaves of the trees providing her camouflage she needed. She decided it would be best to spy on the army. She would remain very close to see the things they are doing but far enough they won't see her. She wouldn't have to worry about a human sniffing her out or hearingg her from a hundred feet away. Humans are practically deaf and their noses can barely pick up anything. She thought, Something could remove both of them and could still be able to function just as well. She wandered back over to the farthest tree and settled herself in. She curled herself up in the tree, still feeling tired, and closed her eyes. She wasn't going to sleep, simply resting in case she needed it. She needs to react to any situation fast that the army acts upon.

"He's...definitely strong-looking." Xerick coughed. Then the wyvern's voice butted into their minds with an accusing tone. Who could blame him? The magi listened to his inquiry and shook his head. "Heavens no. I'm sure that hunting party would rather kill me than let a dragon hunt for them, anyway." He hovered in the air, casting a dismissive glance towards the rude Balloon. Three sentences spoken and he already wanted to poke his airsac and watch him fall to the ground. "My goal is not a fight, but rather a sort of...alliance. Two dragons is better than one in this kind of time, after all." Xerick could not believe he was using a variation of Nico's words; he did sort of have a point. It was the magi's idea to team up in the first place, after all; it was just the boy's idea to continue with the plan.

Xel listened carefully before raising an eyebrow, (...an alliance? An alliance requires us to have similar goals, and I think we lack the information to say we want the same thing.) He cringed and a bit, even though Xel was an amazing flier, he was getting tired from the constant take off and landing, as well as hovering used more energy than gliding on the wind currents. He decided to take a humble approach, (This would be best discussed on the ground. I will trust you are not with these hunters, but that is all I will trust. Find us a place to land, i will follow.)

Xerick nodded approvingly. Amazing to see a reasonably-headed serpent these days.. Without a word, he dipped slightly below the clouds, craning his head to view the ground. There had to be some sort of cover...There were a few small trees clustered on the ground; it wasn't much, but it would do. Xerick beat his wings and dove towards the ground. He wasn't tired, per say, but landing on the ground sounded wonderful to him. It would be nice to get the cargo off his back for a little while, Nico included. It wasn't long before his talons touched the grass and he landed. He glanced at the sky to see if the wyvern was following him before turning his head to Nico. "Unload the bags. And yourself." Surprisingly, Nico nodded and proceeded to set down the bags, instead of throwing back a snarky remark. Then again, the day in itself has been rather strange.