Prismfights A Nightwing-Icewing

The Dragons/The Humans. War unleashed

Ooooooooo... Sry. sad.gif

The army fights against the attacking dragons, hurling spears and striking with axes, swords, halberds, and especially pikes. "Hjalti! Get a group of ten or so men and chase after the fugitive and her dragon!" The commander ordered. Hjalti nodded, rounding up a group of men, and riding off in the direction, trying to keep track of the flying dragon.

Xel saw the pursuing men an chuckled, (Futile attempt.) He rose his elevation and vanished inside a cloud. (We are safe now... I'm pretty sure at least. I didnt see any tamed dragons.)

"Sir, they've seem to have disappeared into the clouds!" A horseman shouted to Hjalti as he forcefully yanked on the reins, sending his horse to a whinnying halt. Most would show frustration and anger at their target escaping, but Hjalti was cool and collected, displaying no real emotion in his cold eyes. "They were heading North... I doubt their direction will change. Continue North men." Hjalti's orders were simple, one that even the thickest of individuals would understand. With that, the group of ten riders giddy up'd, attempting to stay on trail.

-

"I hope we did lose them. Those maniacs used to be my fellow soldiers... I could tell you a thing or two about them." Julia offered, ready to give information about the human army to dragons.

Suddenly, Phil swoops up. "Mind if I join?"

Xel looked at Phil with a look of disgust, "Why wouldnt I? You obvious have ill intent for this human, and to honest, I really dont like you already." He gave the girl a quick look, "Save your info for the others. I told you I'm not in this war."

((Would it be considered rude of us if Esko and I just hopped in? Sorry that I sound impatient I just really want to be in it as soon as possible))

((To be honest, the fact she excepted a slug and a bird into this means she doesnt really care who joins, so sure, jump in.))

((Alrighty thank you, I didn't want to seem rude at first considering this my first rp on here c: ))

Sleeping peacefully in the tree tops was a green little wyvern whose size barely surpassed a tall human's height. She had no horns or claws on her wings to scare others off and no fire or spells to cast out to enemies. For anything that wasn't too aware of her breed, they would wonder how she has been able to stay alive without predators seeking her out. The answer was a hidden one. Not only that, like many others of her breed, she was exceptionally smart and though she is slow waddling on the ground, she is fast in the air. She was served a rude awakening when she heard sounds nearby. The sudden noise caused her to bump her head on a branch that was above her, causing to wince and grumble quietly in pain. She stretched herself out, and began to hop up the tree until she was at the leafy top to see what was the commotion, peaking her tiny head out in confusion and curiosity.

The green wyvern got glimpse of black smoke rising in the distance, and a large golden wyvern flying away from the smoke, a human woman being dragged along by his tail.

(We're good to go? Cool.)

The day had been normal enough; well, as normal as a mana harvester's day could be, anyway. They had surprisingly run into few obstacles, and the area of forest they were in was relatively flat. Before the war, Nico and Xerick could fly anywhere. However, now they had to travel on foot wherever they went, and Nico would have to sell the mana in towns himself. It left him vulnerable to thieves and people who just wanted to beat the snot out of him, since Xerick would often leave for a few hours and come back. Nico longed for the days of peace, but for now he just had to put up with his aching feet. Wars ended eventually...

"If I remember correctly, there is a military outpost not very far from here. Ten minute's walk, if that." Xerick's voice rumbled in his head. Ever since the two of them partnered together, it had taken quite a while for Nico to get used to the near-constant rumble of a dragon's telepathic speech in his head. He sometimes wondered how Chris could possibly stand a whole bunch of dragon "voices" at once. Or how any dragon-charter could stand it, really.

"Ya think I could try and sell the mana I have?"

"That's what I had in mind. We could use the cash right about now." Suddenly, Xerick's fins flared and his head shot up.

"What's a matter?" Nico asked, his brows furrowing in worry. Anything that alarmed Xerick was bound to be pretty bad.

"There's smoke, right at the location of the outpost." And with that, Nico swore. "Get on my back. NOW." The young man obeyed, lifting himself onto Xerick's back and holding on tight. The magi began to run, his large feet pounding the forest floor. In a few minutes, the duo ran out of the treeline...and saw devastation. The outpost had been burned to the ground, and a corpse appeared here and there. The entire camp smelled like brimstone. Nico's jaw dropped..but the two heard something else. Warcries. Roaring.

And something very peculiar. In the distance, there was a glint of gold.

"We have to avoid that battle. We can't be caught and killed, especially with our cargo." Xerick beat his wings and lifted into the sky. Xerick liked to boast about his fast flying skills, and right now Nico was grateful for his speed. They stayed at the very edge of the battle, and attempted to stay out of sight. What really interested Xerick was the golden speck he'd seen, and upon a closer look, he made it out to be a Golden Wyvern. And...it was carrying a human? "Wonder why the wyvern's carrying a person. Maybe a hostage?"

"Whatever it is, I feel like we should follow them. If they're hostile, I can easily fend them off, but otherwise it may be good to make an ally or two. Not a whole lot of dragons willing to partner up with a 'human kisser'." Xerick spat out the phrase like it was telepathy-poison. Some dragons liked to call him that, just because he worked with a human to harvest mana and make a profit.

So, with Nico clutching to his back, Xerick began to follow the wyvern and his girl.

The green wyvern eyes widen as she scanned the area, a portion of the sky was covered by sooty darkness. She sniffed at the sky and sneezed due to sniffing in too much. She smelt the faint stench of death, it's foul reek being able to extend far thanks to the assistance of the smouldering smoke. She couldn't allow herself to be too shocked, war is war after all. What is that term anyway, war? War is fight for survival, against two opposing sides. She thought, answering her own question. War is nothing new and it certainly isn't new to the two species of this current one. Human vs human. Dragon vs dragon. Human vs dragon. There is no way of attempting diplomacy. Violence and chaos seems to be the only thing humans and dragons understand.

Her attention of the smoke was diverted by something latge and shiny gliding through the sky. She hopped onto a higher branch to see more clearly. Now her head and neck was exposed and out, but not out enough for her brightly colored chest to show. It was a dragon. A wyvern like her. Though it was silly to compare herself to the other wyvern like that, what with so many differences between them to argue that they are not.

On the wyvern's back, she also saw a human girl. Her attention remained on her more than the wyvern had. She was not a wild born dragon, she was taken from her natural biome from her first and original owner and raised around other dragon species. Obviously, it would be known that she had outlived her owner and the others after the first. Currently she had no owner to claim her, but she doesn't view herself as wild. She does not possess all the behavior traits a wild wyvern of her species would have. She is tame, this she considers true to herself, but she does not go around blindly running up to a human in hopes of them adopting her. She is wary of humans and dragons alike to see how trustworthy they can be, though she is more wary of who she can trust nowadays for obvious reasons. She has been by herself for a certain amount of time. She wondered if she should follow or not.

She lets out a suprised quiet noise as she jumps as hears something zip by her head. As bright as a raging fire, a bright dragon that adorned fins from head to tail raced past the tree she was in. He also had a human with him. Are all of the tame dragons put today? She pondered internally. She crawled down carefully and watched them as they pass her up above.. She looks back up to where she saw the girl and her wyvern and assumed they were following her. At first she was uncertain of following, but now her interest was peaked. She remained in the trees, but slowly and stealthily she follows the human and his dragon.

((Edited; for some reason I thought they were running, I get really tired sometimes))

Edited by Lawlipop

Xel shivered a bit, (That feeling... I hate that feeling. Hold on, I'm landing...)

He angled his descent downwards towards a large plain at the base of the mountain. There was a small lake there too. He touched down and gently placed down Julia. He began to drink from the lake. (Eyes open. In this plain, we can see people coming from miles away.)

Hooves thundered as the squad of soldiers continued their northbound ride, unsure if the dragon they were hunting was still flying above in the thick clouds. Night was on the horizon now as the sun began it's descent, dusk at hand. Although it didn't bother Hjalti, the others did not like being in the forest at night. These were unknown lands, crawling with vermin and other dangerous creatures, not to mention the roaming bandit groups or the no doubt endless amount of dragons. But they were trained to fight such beasts... and as long as Hjalti lead the way, their thoughts wouldn't be persuaded.

-

Glad to be on the ground again, Julia stretched her legs out, giving a long yawn. "Are you sure that water is clean?" She asked, wondering if she could take a swig. Apart from her little dive underwater earlier that day, she'd been relatively dry, and being up in the air so long didn't help her condition.

(edit: realized dotz posted)

Edited by monoply12345

Xel finished and did a circle in the grass before laying down to rest, (I tastes fine, and Im not dying. Knock yourself out.) His eyes gazed over the miles of plains, as well as the tiny bit of green that was the forest far away. He sighed, (No human can hide in this plain, so anyone else will be spotted long before they can reach us. We have a quick method of escape. I made my promise, I'm bring you to the mountain.)

"Good. I appreciate it." Julia said, kneeling by the water's edge, cupping her hands to get as much water as she could. After drinking to her liking, she laid down on the grass, head looking to the now starry skies. She was far, far from the land she knew. But, this sense of exploration, of adventure... it was a welcome one. Julia smiled a bit, not even thinking she'd wake up and see a dragon, yet alone meet one and be whisked off on a journey. It was almost a fantasy come true.

"Oh, there you guys are! I was wondering where you've been!" Bob was floating on the lake, while Steven was roosting on a tree.

Did that slug just talk? What in the... "Excuse me? Who are you?" Julia said, raising up. Her sword was ready, in case that voice just happened to be a hunter, bandit, or something else. Sick of being the victim, Julia was strong and defiant in her words "If you mean harm, it will reflect back on you." She wasn't afraid anymore. Not even of her old bounty hunter.

"HEY IT WAS ME IT WAS ME! YOUR OLD FRIENDO!" Bob said, panicked.

It was hard to follow something above you when the sky is partially blocked by vegetation. Not even the dragon's firry body could be seen through the trees anymore. Thinking that they were gone, she hopped down on the ground. She spread her patterned wings and flew above the ground but below the tree tops, to help her travelling faster. Thanks to small size, she is able to great speeds and is able to manuever easily. However, knowing it wasn't wise to fly great speeds so close to the ground, she maintained a medium speed. She stopped when the trees stopped short of an open field. Once again, she saw the human and her wyvern. And it seemed like the human was dealing with some red puffy dragon. She held a sword up at him, but did not see her as a big threat. She looked up at the sky. She didn't see the orange dragon and his human, she figured that she accidentally flew faster than them. She had no intent to go up and introduce herself to them at the moment, first she would prefer to simply observe them. She climbed up a tree the closest to the plain and roosted herself there, her head faced towards them.

[ Receives bump.]

Hjalti and his riders eventually found themselves at the end of the forest, a vast plain stretching beyond it, the moonlight giving it a mystical glow. There, they spotted a lake, the two fugitives they'd been chasing right by it. "Surround the area. Kill on sight." Hjalti ordered simply, as the riders began to circle around the lake.

The green wyvern's roost unfortunately did not last very long as once again today, her rest was interrupted by odd noises. She grumbled slightly as she blinked her eyes open to see what was going on. She was shoken as she spotted a bunch of humans below the tree she was in, surprised how they haven't seen her yet. She looked at their faces and weapons. They obviously wasn't friendly. She thought for a moment as to what they were doing here but then looked back at the lake, remembering the human and her wyvern. What did an army want with a dragon tamer? She was at a loss of what to do. She was not great at offense, for obvious reasons if one was to look at her, and her only weapon costs a lot of her energy. She could very easily sneak out of this situation simply by quiet tree hopping. But if she were to fo that, then would be a chance they would perish. She quelled in fear. It was hard for her to think clearly when she is in a panic. There was a human below her that was almost as big as her, she was taller by only a few feet taller. She remained still in the safety of her tree in hopes he wouldn't see her, but if one were to look up, it would be hard not to. For you see, her coloring she was born with allows her great camouflage in vegetation, as long as her neck and chest is not exposed, which in this case, it unfortunately is.

Xel's head arched up as he gazed at the forest. It was still too far away to see detail, but the sound of horses was easily distinguishable. His tail poked Julia on the shoulder lightly, (They are here again. We will need to move soon. Get ready.) He quickly lapped up some more water into his maw, refreshing his air ways. He turned to the forest, (Even with horses, it will take them time to reach us on the plain. But this time we will lose them.)