irrelevantindigo

The Relevant Art Thread & "Egg Commissions"

The neck/head is still too small for the body. It should be more substantial, and as thick as the tail, I think.

Hmmm. I just don't know how/where to thicken it anymore?

I'll poke at the neck s'more though.

I mean, proportion-wise it looks strange, like I want to take the lasso tool around the whole head/upper neck area and just scale it up, or grab the body and scale it down. Currently, the limbs are thicker than the head which probably adds to the size mis-match.

Hello! Lovely artz. smile.gif I love your style!

Scroll Name: Earth Gurl

Egg Offer: CB Water CB Skywing CB Nebula (can influence and hatch all)

CB or Bred: CB

--

Commission Description: I would like two banners for my siggy (let me know if I need to add to my offer if two is too many). I would like one banner that says "Descriptions" and one banner that says "Wishlist". I would like one to be purple and one to be green. Other than that, I don't have any specifics on what they need to look like. You can put whatever artistic twists on them that you want. smile.gif Maybe a dragon egg of some sort on them?

Pixel or Digital: Pixel (I think that's what your other banners are?)

Ref Link(s): Color Green I like (Seafoam Green) and I like This purple or even a lighter Pastel purple

Edited by Earth Gurl

I mean, proportion-wise it looks strange, like I want to take the lasso tool around the whole head/upper neck area and just scale it up, or grab the body and scale it down. Currently, the limbs are thicker than the head which probably adds to the size mis-match.

I think I've been looking at this too long to see the head-size issue. ><" So thanks for pointing it out! I'll probably lasso, tweak and re-line the head when I have a moment. c:

Hello! Lovely artz. smile.gif I love your style!

Scroll Name: Earth Gurl

Egg Offer: CB Water CB Skywing CB Nebula (can influence and hatch all)

CB or Bred: CB

--

Commission Description: I would like two banners for my siggy (let me know if I need to add to my offer if two is too many). I would like one banner that says "Descriptions" and one banner that says "Wishlist". I would like one to be purple and one to be green. Other than that, I don't have any specifics on what they need to look like. You can put whatever artistic twists on them that you want. smile.gif Maybe a dragon egg of some sort on them?

Pixel or Digital: Pixel (I think that's what your other banners are?)

Ref Link(s): Color Green I like (Seafoam Green) and I like This purple or even a lighter Pastel purple

Woah! Neat! I think I can do that. xd.png

May take me a little longer than my usual pace though-- an exam just got moved.

Also.. wait a sec, are those three eggs options or are you offering all of them? oo;

Edited by irrelevantindigo

I think I've been looking at this too long to see the head-size issue. ><" So thanks for pointing it out! I'll probably lasso, tweak and re-line the head when I have a moment. c:

Woah! Neat! I think I can do that. xd.png

May take me a little longer than my usual pace though-- an exam just got moved.

Also.. wait a sec, are those three eggs options or are you offering all of them? oo;

I'm offering all of them!

I'm offering all of them!

;o;

You're too kind. I'll clear out space on my scroll over the next day or two.

I hope the banners don't take me too long, but if they do feel free to pm and we can work out how to deal with the dragon babs. (Also I generally don't post commissions until I have at least a teleport link. I hope that's alright.)

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

*Note: There are three images here-- two text banners and a lil "||" banner.

Signature banners for Earth Gurl!

Be sure to save this somewhere as it may not always be on the image hosting site I use.

Please do not use unless you are Earth Gurl or have their permission.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

*Note: There are three images here-- two text banners and a lil "||" banner.

Signature banners for Earth Gurl!

Be sure to save this somewhere as it may not always be on the image hosting site I use.

Please do not use unless you are Earth Gurl or have their permission.

Thank you so much! They are perfect and exactly what I wanted. smile.gif

user posted image

Not perfect-- but art doesn't have to be perfect. I do enough art for school where I reach for perfection. And I don't want to stay stuck on the same piece for too long. Maybe one day I'll revisit this guy. See if the new things I learn can improve him. But for now, he is done.

If anyone has any crits for next time I sprite, I would love to hear 'em.

Also, thank you to everyone who helped out with this guy's anatomy, especially birdzgoboom who provided some really helpful redlines that helped me understand the anatomy and perspective for this guy. <3

Edit: In case anyone is curious, his colors are based on this --> [Link]

Edited by irrelevantindigo

user posted image

So it's a little dark wyrm. I wanted to try different shading/working with darker shades. I also wanted to make the belly scales look like they were made of rough rocks. In the unofficial discord it was suggested they be more textured like gemstones, which honestly inspired me to start a different new project to practice textures with. So I'm calling this one done for now. My signature needed a second bookend dragon anyway lol.

Huge thank you to everyone who gave crits and suggestions for this wyrm. <3

What a lovely wyrm! Wyrms are neat already but the dark one is especially neat. I really like the colors, they remind me of some of the creatures that live in the darker parts of the oceans. smile.gif Having two sprites in your signature looks so dynamic.

Scroll Name: elizabeth342

Egg Offer: 4G Gold Tinsel x Sunsong, CB Black Zyumorph

CB or Bred: both

I can also add a 2G Gold x Soulstone and 2G Gold x Snow if you would like. It looks like you only have one Gold on your scroll at the moment smile.gif

--

Commission Description: A female Gold dragon laying next to a few eggs (I would love it if they were breeds that are in-cave). If possible, maybe the eggs could be wrapped in gold ribbons like this. I really love your simplified style, so it doesn't need to be anything overly special. If It's okay with you, I would like to use the art for a background at the top of my raffle forms. Credit would be given in the thread and the forms.

Pixel or Digital: digital

Ref Link(s): none except for the stock photo above.