DigitalGarden

Floofy stuff made of pixels

Hi how's everyone? Time for another art update. All commissions.

Edited by Orchi'dea

Your sprite work is lovely!  Maybe we can do a collaboration sometime!  B)

6 hours ago, LadyLyzar said:

Your sprite work is lovely!  Maybe we can do a collaboration sometime!  B)

Aw thank you! Hmmm I won't refuse this offer :3 I may have some plans for Valentine release...

Hope you all are having nice, warm Christmas. My submission didn't make it in cave and I don't plan to resubmit it, which means I can finally show the pixels off.

Name: Holiday Dragon (2017)                               
“Community” nickname: Picea Dragon (scientific latin for spruce)

Sprites                                                                                 

A0k3p1w.png

Egg: This egg smells like fresh wood.

jGE62fw.png
Hatchling: Aww… It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s not as festively colored as you expected it to be… yet?

fH9iheh.png
Mature hatchling: Aww… It’s a cute baby dragon. It’s not as festively colored as you expected it to be… yet? And look! It has grown a spiky mane, and you can actually notice the festive patterns now! It must be close to maturing.

cGaGwk9.png
Adult: Holiday dragons are a very mysterious breed. They are only seen during winter, and even then it is hard to catch a glimpse of one. They are responsible for the general cheer that spreads during the holidays. In essence, they are the “Spirits of Winter.”

Spriter’s alt sequence:

J3Z4FiE.png -> 4xtgThV.png -> UcoCyzo.png -> mVBo63d.png

Breed mechanics                                                              
Sex: Female only breed
Striped Dragon offspring: green
Lumina/Dark Lumina breeding result: no change in the Lumina’s appearance

Encyclopedia entry                                                           
Name: Holiday Dragon (2017)
Type: Dragon (Eastern)
Elemental Affinity: Life
Found in: Unknown

Appearance/Basic Anatomy

• Only female specimens seem to be found.
  • Long and sleek body, covered mostly with a soft hide.
  • Possessing a dark green mane consisting of hard, yet elastic quills. The mane begins at the top of the head and ends nearly at the tail tip.
  • Three rows of triple-colored, pentagonal scales along the underside of the body, surrounded by silver, stripe-like markings.
  • The tail ends with a scaly hook.
  • The color pattern on the palm-shaped antlers and the hook is the same as on the underbelly scales.
  • Icy blue eyes, the pupil is small and barely visible.

Hatchling Behavior

• The playful hatchlings are almost never silent when awake – they make squeaky sounds similar to singing, and they encourage other hatchlings to join them. The hatchling “choirs” usually don’t take long to assemble.
  • They like to hide in the mother’s mane, which provides warmth and safety.
  • Morbidly afraid of fire, they will try to run away and hide, even when they’re not directly exposed to it.
  • As they mature, their fear of fire fades away. At this age, they discover how to breathe fire on their own.

Adult Behavior

• Move and walk gracefully, in a serpentine, swaying manner. Rarely seen flying, but they will do so if it’s really necessary. 
  • Can breathe fire which is warm, but doesn’t burn, thanks to the Life mana. They don’t breathe it in their hatchlings’ presence, though.
  • They have a habit of decorating their manes with anything they find “pretty”, including objects that clearly belong to someone else. They use their tail hooks to help decorate the harder to reach spots, for example on the neck.
  • When an object gets into the mane and it was not intended to become a decoration, it stays there regardless.
  • Underbelly scales and mane quills fall off often and are quickly replaced by new ones.
  • When happy, they make joyful, howling calls. When threatened, they hiss, shake their manes and puff up their quills. They don’t roar.
  • They love rolling in the snow. The deeper it is, the happier the dragon.
  • Excellent swimmers, they don’t mind submerging themselves in colder waters.

Diet

• They are omnivores. Berries and fruits are their favorite snack.
  • There are occasional fish in their diet, but they aren’t a necessary part for the dragon to survive.
  • Hatchlings don’t eat fish at all, as the numerous bones in the meat annoy them.

Those concepts look interesting. Love the back fluff.

I just happened upon here and I must say that I really love your art! Your Picea Dragons are absolutely stunning and I wish they would have made it in cave. I would of hoarded them so much. :wub:

The Picea sprites are amazing! We always need more easterns. It really is a shame that they didn't make it in cave, because they would have been a new favorite for me.

Those look AMAZING! Love those Picea sprites! I do have to say that maybe a lighter shade of green would have looked better! 

Thank you everyone for support! 

I may not be able to submit a concept for Valentines, but at least I have some sketches for other holidays lying around. Which means a lot of time to work on them. 

Yessssssss we always need more foofly stuff made of pixels \o/

I looove your little ones! :lol:

I do love your sprites Orchi'dea! Hope to see some more eventually!

Wow - your sprites are stunning! Also I really like the lil eagle you did for the 4th ^.^

Whoa, that Picea sprite is absolutely gorgeous! :wub: I would've loved to see them in cave.

Edited by Aie

Thank you so much guys! And now, for something completely different.

Welcome to - finally - my first Minecraft video, in which I'm showing the one-year-old builds, first transformations, bases, farms and all that stuff. They're not perfect, but I'm attached to this world so I'll keep building there. Sadly I had to record this one without shaders, seems like the Replay mod couldn't handle them at this time. Oh well! Hope you enjoy, and Happy Easter, since it's right around the corner.

By the way... Haven't spoken English for over a year so pardon my accent, I guess...?

And no, while one can debate that this should go to the respective thread in Games subforum - it stays here. Minecraft is not only a game, but also an officially recognized art tool.

Edited by Orchi'dea
why can't I center that vid oh my god what

I love your videos! :D It's really amazing seeing the whole process of creation like that. I watched a few, but I particularly loved the Nature Spirit one. 

Thank you!

This time I have something... a little different, something people don't seem to do often at all. This project may take long months to actually complete, considering the pace I'm working at. A megabuild coming? Definitely I can call it like that. Those familiar with MC and the End dimension itself, will know the drift.