Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

well that's true.  but i buy my toys (my yarn) with cash, and not with a credit card.....

I have about 15 large tubs of yarn.  I shouldn't need any, but I bought some on Monday.  Lol.  

21 hours ago, trystan said:

oh interesting.  is there a reason it's every 1000 pages? will this topic get archived?

oh those smileys are fun though! i mean, in the end, it's up to you....

puzzles.  hubby got me and we did a 12,000 piece puzzle we called "The Beast"... he also calls me the Puzzle Queen. :) 

That's an awesome puzzle!

I think they get deleted or archived. In the old forum, bulky threads clogged things up so we started a habit of beginning anew every 1,000 pages.

20 hours ago, Swiftphoenix said:

Skimming through the posts... Mango? Crime-fighting Compulsive Posters? I love both XD 

Ooh can I be in the fam? I can be the GIF girl who fights with dragons, ponies and chocolate milk. XD 

Sure! :D

15 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Good morning peeps!

@Lagie I don't think anyone uses the smilieys any more. We don't even ave cuffing as often as we did 😧

@Swiftphoenix Sure you can, but you'll have to come up with your own title. XD

And you missed the perfect cuffing op with that post. XD

It's been a long rough week...

@Marcus Pheonix: we should have a gif battle! ;) 

@Lagie: if I’m not wrong your dog on your avvie is called Trotsky? I think I remember seeing you posting about somewhere...?

Lots of mentions going on now XD 

Edited by Swiftphoenix
Mentions are everywhere!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

It's been a long rough week...

I'm so glad I'm retired now.  (I'm telling my age aren't I?)

Hello!

So i had a great time although we kind of lost our game in this session today.

So many board games which are based on the Cthulhu Mythos from H.P. Lovecraft and this time we advanced in  Arkham Horror: The Card Game by not getting our objectice done, but the game gave us tons of XP so that we can get waaaay stronger because things will be tough by the looks of it. We had a nice time and are getting too excited from time to time and start to discuss stuff... rules where overlooked in the first session but we don't think it had a huge impact. Cooperative games are great if you can handle them.

@Fortune86Can i be the cat called Tiger in the Sims? Walking in and out and trying to spread good mood and sometimes being grumpy like a cat.^^

Oh and i need Red Nebula vibes!

Edited by Tigerkralle

Sending you red nebula vibes.  And good luck.  

@Lagie - ah, that makes sense with old topics.  hopefully this coming week will be a better one for you

@Classycal - i'm not sure how much yarn i have, it's not in tubs, but i think i have less than 15 tubs...  also, i'll probably be able to retire never....

@Tigerkralle - *sending red nebula vibes*

also, i have a nice size HP Lovecraft book collection! :) 

@Swiftphoenix I have changed the gifs in my signatures every couple months for almost half as many years as you've been alive. You got a lot of catching up to you :P

11 hours ago, Swiftphoenix said:

@Lagie: if I’m not wrong your dog on your avvie is called Trotsky? I think I remember seeing you posting about somewhere...?

Yes, he's the reason my dragons mostly have Trotsky in their names. I rescued him from a guard dog company that was neglecting him and he had several good years in my aunt's awesome garden before dying in his sleep one night shortly after I joined Dragon Cave.

10 hours ago, Classycal said:

I'm so glad I'm retired now.  (I'm telling my age aren't I?)

Lucky you! I still have one day left in this week. My shop gets weird when it rains and people here get weird with the full moon. So, of course, it is raining for the first time in weeks and tonight's the full moon. *rolls eyes*

9 hours ago, trystan said:

@Lagie - ah, that makes sense with old topics.  hopefully this coming week will be a better one for you.

Thanks. Still one day left in this one. See above!

*sends @Tigerkralle red neb vibes*

Good morning, CPA!  B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

Rain, rain, go away. It started in the night and has yet to stop.

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

Lucky you! I still have one day left in this week. My shop gets weird when it rains and people here get weird with the full moon. So, of course, it is raining for the first time in weeks and tonight's the full moon. *rolls eyes*

@Tigerkralle

People get weird everywhere when there is a full moon.  I could go on and on about things that have happened while working as a nurse.  

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

Thanks. Still one day left in this one.

well, it's saturday afternoon for me, i've finished work, and in a little bit (at 5) hubby and i are going to friends' house for dinner tonight. she didn't actually ask if we wanted to come for dinner, but that 5 was a good time.  i asked her if there was anything i could bring... she said "dessert i guess" - so we're going over for dinner - pizza! yum!

5 hours ago, Classycal said:

People get weird everywhere when there is a full moon.  I could go on and on about things that have happened while working as a nurse.  

Yes, we heard a few of those from Mr. @Kestra15! XD

Week is finally done. Next week needs to be better, please.

Wishing you a good next week!  Lagie, what kind of shop do you have?

We do amazingly well, all the better for the fact that everything we sell is donated so there's very little running cost involved (my salary and the electricity are probably our highest costs).

@trystan I saw you named the dragon and i was happy about it. Simple forgotten to log in that day.

One of those i am tired i will not wake up days, is today for me.

Edited by Tigerkralle

1 hour ago, Tigerkralle said:

I saw you named the dragon and i was happy about it. Simple forgotten to log in that day.

it happens.  i thought that would be a good name :) 

I'm proud to say that all my grown dragons are named!  (And most of the hatchies too.)

7 minutes ago, Classycal said:

I'm proud to say that all my grown dragons are named!  (And most of the hatchies too.)

Congrats! :)

I've named all but two of my latest still-to-be-moved lot, but there are many others without.

i have 831 dragons, and my spreadsheet says i have 430 named dragons.  minus my 5 eggs, that means i have 52% of my dragons named.

that's a lot - named and unnamed!

23 minutes ago, trystan said:

that's a lot - named and unnamed!

XD I have 10,993!

Only 81 of them are officially unnamed, but a lot of them just have holding names that consist mostly of their code + some other identifying information like their generation or the project they belong to.

I generally don't name my Splits with their real names until I have bred the next generation of my lineage from them, because the pairs get names that start with the same letter. I believe that all of my totally unnamed dragons are Splits. Otherwise I try to keep up with naming as I go along.