Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

ooh, i had not.  thanks! :) 

edit - are threads searchable?

Edited by trystan

Ooh glad to hear you’re doing better Lagie and hope you feel better too trystan preferably sooner than later right ❤️ :P 

not too sure about searching, I think so?

edit - doesn’t look like it

Edited by Swiftphoenix

thanks, swift.

no, it doesn't look like you can search threads.  it's fine though. :) 

I won’t ignore it. I’ll get the synopsis at the end of the day. But I don’t enjoy watching every second. 

I do agree that it’s all very surreal. 

Good morning everyone!

Man our country is in for a down fall.

We started with stage 6 of loadshedding. Which means some places are powerless for like 5 hours.

My poor mother is in panic about this.

Morning peeps!

@DragonSpirit009 : Oh dear 😧 Is it affecting her?

@Evangeline : I dunno what it tastes like. Not trying it XD Solid food availability will vary and depend on what I find in the bear trap I left in the neighbours back garden.  

FORTUNE!

*huggles*

Affecting her badly!

The power goes off every time when it's her peak baking time.

It went off at 12am-2:30am and then again 8:00am - 10:30am. And it will go off at 16:00pm -18:30pm again.

Unless it reaches stage 6 loadshedding. Then the times would be longer

We have a schedule now. But the stages change so fast that we can't keep up.

First they say stage 2 then an hour later we are on stage 4, then a few hours later it's stage 2 again. And then out of nowhere we hit stage 6

I get confused about what's happening in my own country. I don't think I could cope with SA too lol.

Hey Swift!

I'm not even sure if I know what's going on here to Fortune XD

Hi there Swift

That sounds even worse thsn us, Spirit. We never getva schedule for the load shedding but at least we know when it goes off it's generally for three hours. Except the one a week ago that was a transmission fault and everyone was out for five hours. And generators failed at Atlantis during a big event there. They were not happy!

LAGIE!

*huggles*

Do you know why we are having loadshedding.... Because the coal is wet 😒

Spirit!

*huggles back*

Wet... coal? Isn't that dangerous?

We loadshed because we don't have enough bunker C fueled generators to produce the amount of electricity needed on our island. We are 21 x 7 miles and have around 400,000 people, and two megahotel complexes.

Yeah part of our electricity is produced by burning coal... or something like that.
Our nuclear power plant is kinda heading backwards so they are trying other stuff while building more power stations. But that is taking like 10 years

@Evangeline - yeah, i don't watch every second either, but i do get emails from a few good places to tell me what's going on.

it's weirdly warm today, supposed to be in the 60sF today, which is not normal december weather....

edit, 2 hours later.... i got my first ever dragon just before midnight on December 9th, so today is my DC'versary! 

this was my first ever~ Aof2.gif

Edited by trystan

5 hours ago, DragonSpirit009 said:

Yeah part of our electricity is produced by burning coal... or something like that.
Our nuclear power plant is kinda heading backwards so they are trying other stuff while building more power stations. But that is taking like 10 years

We have sun to spare, so why are we not using solar?

(Oil company kickbacks... Rachel Maddow's Blowout is an awesome book!)

4 hours ago, trystan said:

@Evangeline - yeah, i don't watch every second either, but i do get emails from a few good places to tell me what's going on.

it's weirdly warm today, supposed to be in the 60sF today, which is not normal december weather....

edit, 2 hours later.... i got my first ever dragon just before midnight on December 9th, so today is my DC'versary! 

this was my first ever~ Aof2.gif

Congrats! :D

My first four didn't make it, sadly, as I knew nothing about hatcheries.

Lady Tamath - https://dragcave.net/view/78Fl - was my first survivor. (th at the end thanks to Anne McCaffrey's influence, though I did not stick with that!)

^ or so says my scroll. I think Lady White was my first AP grab, but her laid date is two days later - https://dragcave.net/view/EK5c.

I joined the forum between the two batches.

thanks Lagie!

yeah, my forum join date was on the 11th, to probably help me get a clue what to do :) 

@trystan That impeachment be looking like it’s progressing. Let chaos reign. 

@Fortune86 What’s for dinner today? I’m gonna start making on these nets. 

@DragonSpirit009 ...I... I guess coal is better than nuclear power??

5 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

@trystan That impeachment be looking like it’s progressing. Let chaos reign. 

well it's already a circus in the white house, so.... XD 

5 minutes ago, trystan said:

well it's already a circus in the white house, so.... XD 

Quiet wheezing. I mean...you’re not wrong. 

Eh heh heh heh. There’s already claims of bias too. This is amazing. Everybody is going crazy. 

3 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Quiet wheezing. I mean...you’re not wrong. 

Eh heh heh heh. There’s already claims of bias too. This is amazing. Everybody is going crazy. 

Totally crazy.

I watch from here with my jaw on the floor sometimes (when I have access to television, that is).

My hand aches. :(