Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

I have a case of the sniffles this morning. Not fun.

morning! err... afternoon.  it wasn't too awful at work today, actually. i mean, people don't read the dates and times on their coupons, but that's normal.... XD 

People don't read in general, I find. We set everything up, open the shutters, set out the comes, put the big sign that says OPEN on the door and people walk in the open gate and see the closed door and say, "Oh you're not open." And I'm there thinking, "Have you not managed to read any of the four [4!] signs that say OPEN?"

It is 10:40 p.m.  The power has been out island-wide since 6:15. And no end in sight as it's a transmission problem not a generation problem. And this is the company that will be adding $30 per month for ten months to our bills starting February to pay off a debt they ran up. My usual monthly bill isn't even $20 most months, amd my pay isn't going up any time soon so heaven knows where the additional 30 will come from.

Screenshot_20191129-225400.thumb.jpg.f1e3f1588dcd6331a9746d3429092afb.jpg

Edited by Lagie

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

People don't read in general, I find.

you are most definitely correct.  i wouldn't even know where to start with all my "customers don't read" stories.... XD 

Hey guys! *hums It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas* 

Now after Thanksgiving I can focus on December and it won’t seem weird XD 

*puts Pentatonix Christmas songs on playlist*

*then switches to playlist with songs from Into the Spider-verse and The Greatest Showman*

Soundtrack soundtrack soundtrack.. XD

11 hours ago, trystan said:

people don't read the dates and times on their coupons

Usually we do, the thing is sometimes we read the dates and then forget until after they expire >.> <.<

@Swiftphoenix - well, some people do.  but i've had many customers who have said "oh, i didn't see that....." and similar phrases that tell me they didn't read. anything.

i tell them, "that's okay, you're not the only one...."

XD 

We've been trying a new trick at the shop. When a customer walks up, shows us the price tag and says, "How much is this?" we reply with double whatever is on the tag. They always then correct us and we're like "Well, why did you ask?"

BUSY shop day! I can't even chill with the TV as the cable's off, has been since last night's blackout.

that's an awesome reply, Lagie!  there are times, though when the price isn't printed on the barcode tag, so we get asked.  i also tell people where the price checkers are in the store, and they say "oh! i didn't know you had those!"  that was fine when they were knew maybe 4-5 years ago, now not so much.

booo for cable being off :( 

We don't have barcodes so our prices are either written on a dot or are a pre-printed tag attached to the item. The dots fall off far too regularly :P and we have a few customers who think if they pull off the tag, they'll get a better price (they don't).

Since I have no TV and the technician can't come till Tuesday, I guess I'll go chill in the tub. It's been dry here lately, and I seem to be covered with a fine layer of dust...

yeah, that makes sense.  i have a thrift shop near me that uses different color dots, each dot is a different price.  i'm sure they have lots of stories of customers taking a lower-price dot and sticking it on a higher priced item. ugh.

eek! no dust, dust is bad! tub sounds good!

Ahh. Clean feels so much better. Now if I could just get the third dog to come inside; she made me late this morning for the same reason.

clean is good!

i'm good, too.  driving back across the state by myself for 6 hours won't be fun on monday... but since i can't teleport... yeah.

New eggs! :)

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out Belgian waffles with whipped cream and strawberries*

Sunny again which is lovely. One of the dogs here is doing the "I'm not eating breakfast till I've had cuddles" thing today. The other two are already outside.

it is so totally NOT sunny here.  rain, and in the upper 30s.  not fun out there. eww.

Yay! The TV is finally back!

Stay warm, trystan!

1 hour ago, trystan said:

it is so totally NOT sunny here.  rain, and in the upper 30s.  not fun out there. eww.

Ditto!

And my crazy neighbor across the street is out putting up his Christmas lights. In the rain. Really? Why?

yaay for the tv, Lagie!  and yes, i do plan on staying warm and cozy :)

purplehaze - my neighbor put his lights last week, but didn't turn them on until friday.  me on the other hand, i've had my light up (it's only up a post, across the front and back down a post) since... last year? XD  they're on year-round too. :) 

and yes, purplehaze, your neighbor IS crazy XD 

Putting up lights in the rain is dangerous... 😮

I now have clean clothes, too.

Nice quiet Sunday. And a new release!

oooh clean clothes! i did my laundry friday.

see, i'm weird about what i get on creature sites and avatar sites.... i don't get it if i'm not really a fan of it.  and i don't know that until there's adults on the creature sites.  so.... by the time i decide if i want these guys or not, they'll be impossible to find. XD  (but such is me and DC!)

I always pick up at least two of every new release. If I decide I don't care for them, I can always release them later (have done for a few...).

there is that option too.

is there still a page of the wild dragons?

edit: i now have 4 of one egg, and 3 of the other.  can i offer one-way trades in the trading hub?  because i really like your idea, Lagie, of having at least two to each of 'em.

Edited by trystan
to add info

thanks, Lagie!  yeah, i thought the Hub was two-way only.

i could do that..... or since i'm the discord, i could post them in there too.  pretty sure there's a channel i could give away eggs on.