Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

i'm off today, because i'm waiting for the guy from my heating company to come tune up my heater this afternoon sometime.  at least the time frame is 12-3, and not like 9-5 XD 

10 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

*latehugs Lagie*

*whispers* Supervisors back in office. I have no idea what is going on.

Hope they treated you okay!

It's better when they give you shorter spans of time, isn't it, trystan?  Hope they arrived as planned!

I still don't have my car back, speaking of 'as planned' (it was supposed to be ready by Monday four days ago...).

32 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It's better when they give you shorter spans of time, isn't it, trystan?  Hope they arrived as planned!

yes it is.... but the guy finally knocked on the door at like 2:45. (he'd gotten here at like 2:30, but was in the middle of a phone call when he got here)

21 minutes ago, trystan said:

yes it is.... but the guy finally knocked on the door at like 2:45. (he'd gotten here at like 2:30, but was in the middle of a phone call when he got here)

Blerg. Phones.

I deliberately keep mine off for hours at a time, overnight and on Sundays. 

Hey peeps!

Saw Joker. Was pretty good. Not as violent as I thought it might be. It did confirm that I am a terrible person though. Laughed at a pretty mean moment.

7 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Hey peeps!

Saw Joker. Was pretty good. Not as violent as I thought it might be. It did confirm that I am a terrible person though. Laughed at a pretty mean moment.

Happy Birthday! :D

Glad you enjoyed the movie.

Busy shop day! *melts*

i worked this afternoon, it was busy, but it wasn't as bad as it could have been because we had plenty of cashiers.

I had cashier help today! :D I think that's why the day was significantly less stressful overall.

oh yaay!  less stressful days are good.  i have to close tomorrow night... hopefully we have enough people then too

For your sake I hope you do!

I will have to go to the shop tomorrow and Monday to feed my critters, alas, so that will mess up my long weekend somewhat.

i'm pretty sure we do. we usually have the manager on duty, 2 cashiers and 1 person in framing. i think we're having an extra person training in framing, so that's also a plus.

Question, the book in your signature? Is it good? Worth reading? (Because Internet)

well it's a non-fiction linguist book.  but i think it's good and worth reading, yeah.  it might be kinda dry but that's non-fiction lingusitics

Hmm. Might check it out.  I love language-y stuff.

Thanks!

Waiting on the shop laundry to finish. It's a lovely sunny day here so I am hoping the towels will line dry before bed (no dryer at this house).

We have a day off today for what used to be Columbus Day then became Discovery Day and is now the rather insipid National Heroes' Day. I still have to go to work, though, to feed my shop animals.

Yo. I've got literally nothing planned for this Halloween season, aside from the Dragon Cave event so that's the only thing I'm looking forward to. *shrugs*

i'm at work and schools in my district are in session.  it's also Indigenous Peoples Day; as well as Thanksgiving in Canada (i have a few online friends who live there).

i'm sure here and my two other forum/critter sites will have halloween events.  i personally have candy as well as non-food treats (spider rings, slime, plastic vampire fangs) this year 🎃 👻

Non-food can be fun!

I'm hoping to pick up a pumpkin if the food stores still have decent ones next week. I'm not so good at carving but I do like to roast the seeds. (And I've just remembered the oven at this house does not work, and I am here till Nov. 2nd... )

*waves at Fortune* Hello!

Edited by Lagie

i like carving and i like the toasted seeds... but honestly i'd really rather crochet instead of playing in pumpkin guts. i have a few "craft" pumpkins i got from michael's;and i even have one i carved so i have a forever pumpkin.  let me check one of my flash drives when i get home and see if it's saved on there and i'll post it. 🎃

apologies for the double post, but it's been 7 hours since my last post (wow, that sounds like a confession.  and i'm totally not Catholic! XD )

here's my picture of my forever pumpkin, which was in my folder of Halloween pics from 2007! (so, uh, it's been around a while.)  while i didn't have the best phone or camera, or whatever took this picture, it doesn't seem that bad of a pic, just small.

ZXzApYh.jpg