Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

heh. i read a text post somewhere on facebook that was "the rules of making puns," and one of them was essentially "make ALL the puns you can!"  so i do. XD 

busses? we don't do those things in the suburbs.

edit: top o' the page to you!

Edited by trystan

Puns are fun! If you review dragon descriptions, you'll find @Dirtytabs makes many in descriptions. XD

https://dragcave.net/lineage/E1GU1

And cuffage... to follow the toppage. Old CPA tradition.

We don't actually do 'buses' either. We have these trundly things called jitneys.

....interesting traditions here....

i mean, philly does busses.  we have some of those that venture out here, i suppose if i were hard-pressed and needed one, there's a few bus routes around here.  no idea how expensive they'd be, though...

Ours are $1.25 for the standard trip. No transfers, though, so if you get on a second jitney, it's another $1.25. Where I will be staying from tomorrow afternoon is just that little bit further out of town so it's $1.50.

well that makes sense if it's a little further, it cost a little more.  i have no idea what bus fares are in the city

Toronto's buses have become expensive in my absence. I ended up buying a day pass as I wasn't sure how many times I'd be getting off and on. The distance buses no longer even take cash; you have to prepurchase a ticket with a credit card.

yeah, i don't even know how the distance buses work... my younger daughter is taking the bus across the state in the middle of next month to come home for homecoming weekend - it gets into philly and then she's taking a local train from philly to our town (levittown) and i'm picking her up there.  but i don't know how the passes/tickets work, or how much they cost.  i have my car.

I'm sure you'll find out, trystan! (If only by asking your daughter! XD )

Good morning, Fortune. *hugs*

Where is everyone today?

11 hours ago, trystan said:

i mean, philly does busses.  we have some of those that venture out here, i suppose if i were hard-pressed and needed one, there's a few bus routes around here.  no idea how expensive they'd be, though...

If only Baltimore did buses as well as Philly! My daughter went to Temple (Ambler) and she could get just about anywhere by bus.

One of my high school classmates lives in Levittown, by the way.

1 hour ago, purplehaze said:

If only Baltimore did buses as well as Philly! My daughter went to Temple (Ambler) and she could get just about anywhere by bus.

One of my high school classmates lives in Levittown, by the way.

I went to Temple Ambler too!! (88-93), and i also loved that we had the shuttle bus to go between all the campuses as well.

ooh, i sent you a PM....

7 minutes ago, trystan said:

I went to Temple Ambler too!! (88-93)

Small world. My daughter was there a bit after you. She graduated from high school in 91, but spent two years in a local college before Temple.

it is!! yeah, i graduated high school in 88, and went right to temple.

in other news..... the tire pressure light was still on because the place that repaired my tire didn't turn it off.  i popped into my mechanic this morning for him to take a look at it, because there was also the possibility that the sensor had gotten out of sorts.  but everything is all good.

@Lagie, i'm sure my daughter would gladly tell me, if she thought i might be wanting to pay her back some of the money she's spending to come home.  LOL!

I'm glad that was an easy fix, the tire pressure thing. Weird that they have to actually turn it off, though. Most car warning lights just reset once you fix the problem.

Money, money, money, must be funny... *hums ABBA*

it's like when i'd get my oil changed, some of the time they didn't reset the indicator back to 100%, so i'd have to do it myself.  dunno, maybe the person who fixed my tire didn't know it wouldn't go off on it's own, or didn't know it had to actually be reset.

tee hee

Good morning, CPA! B)

*sets out coffee and toast*

I have a driving-around work day ahead on me. I do hope the boxes I am going for will actually fit in my car.

Knight is considered the 3rd best of the 4 arkham games. Most people hate the car.

Car? What car? Batman drives a tank in this game XD

You can roll down the street shooting people. I know it's non-lethal* rounds, but it still doesn't feel very Batmany. Plus the races and tank battles suck.

*Can it still be non-lethal if you fire a round into someone's face and then run them over while simultaneously electrocuting them?  

Yeah that's why people don't like it.

City and Asylum are debated at which is better.

I haven't played City so I can't comment. 😶

I'm loving the Riddler puzzles. But by the looks of him in the recordings dude needs a bath and a sandwich.