Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

morning all!

colds are no fun.

i logged in to find that my tinypic pics had turned into pumpkins even though i thought i'd replaced them with links to my imgur pics instead. i mean, i did.... but not quite the right way. but it's all good now. :)

9 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Oooooh that makes sense.

*hugs Lagie*

*latehugs back*

8 hours ago, Tigerkralle said:

Hi!

*free hugs for everyone here*

So they fly out all those dogs? I wonder how many pets are dying/have died because the humans are no longer there. Not only humans suffer and all the wild animals too.

I am thinking about making my home and garden nice for bats. I have to do some research and talking first before i just act. I can start by builing a insect hotel... Have to take a look into it.

Depressing to think how many, but we've made great strides at collecting them.

Bats are so cool!

8 hours ago, trystan said:

morning all!

colds are no fun.

i logged in to find that my tinypic pics had turned into pumpkins even though i thought i'd replaced them with links to my imgur pics instead. i mean, i did.... but not quite the right way. but it's all good now. :)

Pumpkins? 😮

20 minutes ago, Lagie said:
8 hours ago, trystan said:

Pumpkins? 😮

ok, not really pumpkins..... it's one of those saying, when things turn into weird other things or go back to something they were before.  i've also used it for things like, i need to do XYZ before this certain time, before it turns into a pumpkin.  it references Cinderella, with her pumpkin-turned coach that turns back into a pumpkin after midnight XD 

1 hour ago, trystan said:

ok, not really pumpkins..... it's one of those saying, when things turn into weird other things or go back to something they were before.  i've also used it for things like, i need to do XYZ before this certain time, before it turns into a pumpkin.  it references Cinderella, with her pumpkin-turned coach that turns back into a pumpkin after midnight XD 

XD

That actually weirdly makes sense.

Edited to add: May I swear now, please?

Edited by Lagie

2 hours ago, Lagie said:

That actually weirdly makes sense.

i'm shocked it makes sense! LOL XD 

and yes.... yes you may swear now. 😮 

6 hours ago, trystan said:

and yes.... yes you may swear now. 😮 

Actually I'm having more idsues (it's 5 a.m.) with the neighbour's barking dog (started at 4:30) than the weather. Is a full night's sleep too much to ask for?!?

Oof. I absolutely hate being unable to sleep, it's one of the suckiest things in the world for me. Hang in there, Lagie. :( *sends plenty of hugs in Lagie's way*

Thanks! I thought I was fine till the volunteer doing cash for me today stepped out briefly and I found myself having the worst trouble with simple math stuff. (7 + 4 + 4, that kind of simple! 😮 ) Early to bed for me tonight...

each of my daughters has their own "i can't do math" problem, and we tease them about it

the older one, on a math test said that 9 + 4 was 11 (just an error there); the younger said 6 +1 = 6 (multiplied, not added)

XD 

We do all our shop math in our head or on paper. No cash register. The totalling up is usually okay, so long as no one asks me questions while I'm doing it; it's the percentage off that adds a little hiccup to the process.

yeah, i get that.  usually when i calculate percentages off, i use the other number instead.  if something is 40% off, i'll instead multiply the amount by 60% - the percentage of the amount you're actually paying for it.

(sorry, didn't mean to melt your brain any more than it is already)

*brain melts*

:P

I do the

=10.

It doesn't really equal 10, but we round down as we try not to deal with coins.

I really don't like math. Everyone I know always say I'm so good at it but I know I absolutely suck at math. I get so lost and confused trying to figure it all out... good luck to you, Lagie!

3 hours ago, Sazandora said:

Everyone I know always say I'm so good at it but I know I absolutely suck at math

this is both of my daughters.  they're good at it, but hate it all the way.

Hi there MP!

It's going slow.

I'm so sleepy I'm having a hard time to do my work.

Yeah I ended up sleeping till nearly midday which annoyed me. Then I hung out washing (glad I didn't forget this time) and went to the shops to buy groceries.
Get home, have lunch and start chatting with a bunch of people on voice... then its 4pm when I remember I had put a second load of washing on to hang out :D

I'm really hoping it dries but the sun is setting...

Hey MP.

Silently screaming because I missed a dialogue option like 15 play time hours ago. 

How's you?