Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

3D is meh, there's a reason no movies are in it anymore (my friend who I went with today is cross eyed so he can't watch)

Imax is seriously big screens.

And I wanted to see the premiere so I booked early.

It was a joke spoiler fort :P

Well I until I see the movie, I won't know will I? :P

We only have one size screen round here, but they do lol.

The real issue is if you can get the comfy seats or not (extra leg room). 

Imax has nice seats (at least the one I went to) and seriously the screen is massive, it's probably more than 50 people a row (solid rows) everyones at the back of the room (front is just open space) and the screen is wider than the rows. I was several rows down so I physically had to turn my head to see the whole picture... which was kind of a bummer, some of the scenes were so packed with stuff I couldn't make sense of it all.

Definitely gonna go see it again.

And I wouldn't spoil people :D I'm not that mean.

Was an impressive screen though, was only 1 real scene which had me wanting a smaller one.

Someone on a discord i'm on posted a spoilers without context image and I can make out most of it bar 2 of the images...

Our imax has a slightly curved screen but not so big that I have to turn my head. But it is bigger than the normal sizes here.

Seating is also nice.

But what sells me the most is the sound.

I'm staying away from many sites to avoid spoilers. Though if I can't go on Friday I'll probably look some up because then I'll have to wait until it comes on TV. 

Edit: Sound is good, though strangely one of my favourite movie scenes has no sound at all. 'That' moment from TLJ. 

Edited by Fortune86

I say turn my head, but more I couldn't just look with my eyes, only slight turning of the head.

I'll let you know now to save you time, there's no after credits scene. A sound plays which makes me think a scene should be there... but nope.

I always sit through the credits anyway. Not only does it mean that I don't have to struggle with everyone else making a break for the exit, but people do put a lot of effort in these films. I could at least acknowledge them. Plus it's kinda fun trying to see if I can recognize any non-cast names :P

You know how credits have that like, pre-credits which has effects and stuff before the long scrolling crawl.

Endgame has pretty impressive pre-credits that you should definitely watch. Long slow crawl is up to you.

But hey, if you do stick around to the very end you can let me know if you hear the same sound I did.

Long crawl is what I was referring to :)

TBH, I'll probably forget about the sound XD

2 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

I always sit through the credits anyway. Not only does it mean that I don't have to struggle with everyone else making a break for the exit, but people do put a lot of effort in these films. I could at least acknowledge them. Plus it's kinda fun trying to see if I can recognize any non-cast names :P

Thank you. :wub:

My mother worked in the film industry and was one of those names way down in the credits, so I learned from an early age to stay to the very very end. Here, some of the theatres don't even run them, and it kills me to walk away like that.

Spirit, how do you not have an Imax and we do? :P I have not yet been to it, though; it only opened this past November.

Glad you enjoyed the movie, MP!

1 hour ago, Lagie said:

Thank you. :wub:

My mother worked in the film industry and was one of those names way down in the credits, so I learned from an early age to stay to the very very end. Here, some of the theatres don't even run them, and it kills me to walk away like that.

Spirit, how do you not have an Imax and we do? :P I have not yet been to it, though; it only opened this past November.

Glad you enjoyed the movie, MP!

*latehugsLagie*

Oooooooh. What did she do?

11 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

Im dying of antici

I used to scan the credits and look for names that I liked and wanted to use for any future roleplay characters. Now I scan them to see if there are any fun names or nicknames in there. 

11 hours ago, Fortune86 said:

*latehugsLagie*

Production secretary, then accountant, then production manager. She has an IMDB profile, though I am sure you won't know most of the films mentioned.

Hi, @Verandi! I now read 'normal' names aloud and sigh. Bahamians give their kids some really odd names.

Edited by Lagie

Right. And some parents are just cruel! But I like seeing the nicknames some people have, like a name I could never pronounce like "First name "Sam (or another normal name that has nothing to do with their name)" last name"

It just cracks me up. 

4 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Production secretary, then accountant, then production manager. She has an IMDB profile, though I am sure you won't know most of the films mentioned.

Pation. OuO 

That’s pretty darn cool. I’ll have to google her... 

I usually sit through the credits of marvel movies!! If I’m alone, I’ll watch credits. If I’m with others, they usually don’t wanna wait. 

2 minutes ago, Evangeline said:

Pation. OuO 

That’s pretty darn cool. I’ll have to google her... 

I usually sit through the credits of marvel movies!! If I’m alone, I’ll watch credits. If I’m with others, they usually don’t wanna wait. 

You have to with the marvel movies! And because they are doing the little hints in their movies it is causing others to as well. It's pretty cool. 

Just now, Verandi said:

You have to with the marvel movies! And because they are doing the little hints in their movies it is causing others to as well. It's pretty cool. 

And, they’re starting to add some pretty cool art into the credits of movies these days, too!!

As far as RP characters, I usually get my names from google. I decide on the aspects of the character and then search for a name that has the meaning. 

Im a bit annoyed that JK found “maledictus.” That was something I named a species I like to use in RPs. But now, people are just gonna be like OH HES A SNAEK? 😐 Maledictus doesn’t even have a gosh darn thing to do with den snakes. 

Then there are the little 'extra' scenes after the credits (Monsters University and Big Hero 6 come to mind) which I like because it makes them run the whole credits here.

In today's paper alone, @Verandi, we have Brensil, Delucca, Kenniyha, De'Andranique, Jalen, Dentry, Jalisa, Khai, Shaunece, and Anthaya.

7 hours ago, Lagie said:

That's pretty cool :)

Morning peeps!

I am now on day 59 of weapon hunting in The Lost Child. When will my torture end? 

Sup fort, that’s cool lagie! What type of films did she work on?

I am pretty dang satisfied with my dinner tonight.

B8116AA0-1E5D-4858-81AE-1B91EA73B965.thumb.jpeg.70ca66af48dede6f75846487239b3b2e.jpeg

Edited by Marcus Pheonix