Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

She's wanting to come and get the rest of her stuff, which I understand, but we don't want her staying over night because we neither of us trust her not to start a fight. Plus she expects us to help her pack her stuff (in other words, do it all for her). 

Plus she wants 25k, which we don't have and wouldn't have even if we manage to sell the house. We won't get much for the house and we have to pay off the mortgage which would take most of the money anyway.

I'm just really anxious about her being around because I know she she'll either wind my dad up and cause him to lose him temper again, which is when he swears and she starts threatening to call the police or she start trying to guilt trip me and I'll have another anxiety attack. But if we don't let her come get her things  she'll start threatening to sue us again. 

That is really a sticky situation.

Can't you maybe get an officer or someone of the law to stand by you for that time?

Or anyone who can act as a witness?

Or even a medical officer to stand by in case you get an attack again? That way it would be clear that your mother is the instigator and she would be one getting into trouble not you guys.

Unfortunately not. Neither the police or any medical peeps can do anything unless there actually is an incident. 

It's just so frustrating. Every time we think she's not coming back she works it so that she's got an excuse to do so. She was supposed to take all her crap with her last time, but she stole Devon instead. 

We're going to have to take time off work just so we can keep an eye on Devon. Neither of us trust her not to try and take him again. 

Yeah I understand.

But there has to be someone who can assist. Like charity workers who help with people who are verbally being abused? There has to be people like that who can help?

But she has already giving you anxiety attack which caused you to go to the hospital once. That alone should be a valid reason for someone to assist.

I didn't go to the hospital, though it was a close thing. Took the paramedics some time to calm me down. 

And of course our entire street knows, which is embarrassing enough. 

Well paramedics was there so close enough!

Can't you ask some of your neighbors for some help... They didn't like your mother to begin with so maybe the will be willing to help

Way too embarrassed to do that. Crippling shame of having anxiety comes hand in hand with having anxiety. I can only talk about it online because I don't have to look people in the face.

In real life I get far too shy  to say 'Hello' to people XD

I know it's hard for you but you should really consider it.

You don't want your mother to get the upper hand again and sue for even more money.

Our plan is to tell her she can come and get her stuff in April.

We take the days she is at home off from work, but take Devon and go out. If she's not there on a night, we can keep contact to a minimum. 

I don't fully understand the situation fort, but wouldn't it be best for you to just pack everything up, that way you can make certain she takes everything and she gets out of your hair sooner?

You don't want to do everything for her but wouldn't that just make it go by much faster.

Pack all her stuff and send her on her way (i've got not clue about what to do concerning the money)?

If we do the packing, we'll do it 'wrong' and she'll claim that stuff is either damaged or missing and try to sue us again. 

That's not something I think any solicitor would do. Besides it still wouldn't stop the damaged/missing claims. 

We have five rooms full of her stuff. She'll think of something to complain about. 

I think in this situation you should get your own lawyer to set something up. Set up a bunch of terms so that she has a limited time to remove her property and that any damages are her fault... I feel like that's something you should be able to do. You need to set all the terms since it's your house the property is in.

I agree with MP. Or maybe the lawyer and suggest something.

But you can sell the house if all her stuff is in it.

That's why we are letting her come in April with the understanding that she has a limited time and has to do her own stuff. We are informing her via solicitor about the terms, but she needs to agree to them. She may kick off.

It's hard to explain an abuse relative to people. The level of manipulation and mental abuse experienced is hard to put into words. People advise stuff that you just can't do. 

Maybe we should move onto a happier topic. Don't wanna drag the thread down.

Fair enough, I think you're doing things in the right order, sorry I don't know anything about law and stuff.

In other news, I finally killed the glitchy wyvern in DDDA, the special drake down by bloodwater beach, and my first normal hydra.

Urdy? Do you mean the urdragon? Nope, getting around the everfall is annoying I don't know what any room is and they're hard to get to.

I do find it fun though when I jump off the platform and don't reach the falling animation but just smack into the next one down taking no fall damage.

And by advanced do you mean the advanced versions in the BBI?

Cause i just flat don't like the bitterback isle... It just isn't fun, there's too much darkness and too many deadly things.

Almost all of my gear and my pawns is dragonforged; only my alternate bow, the pawns, and the pawns gauntlets, with a couple things at silver level.

I really just feel like beating the game and starting in new game plus with some shiny new characters.

*is shocked*

Dude. Never go to any DD site and say you don't like BBI. You could get lynched.

Personally I love the place. 

On NG+ you can find a Rift Stone that leads to Urdy in Cassardis. Lots of fun. 

I genuinly don't like it cause it's scary. That's the main reason.

I like being able to confidently destroy my enemies (I fought an elimanator which was incredibly easy just drawn out) but everyhting in BBI is too strong.

BBI is very much end game material. People do like to do low level runs, but usually only after they've been through so many times they can navigate blindfolded XD

I like it because it's scary. The leapworms can go die a death though. Fudge those guys.