Lagie

Compulsive Posters' Anonymous Volume Nineteen

To be honest, I wouldn't want to be either. I like being human (or mostly human, if you believe Great-Grandma Joan). 

I don't want to be one, I just prefer them story wise. The only time I'd want to be one would be if I had full control over it and didn't lose my sanity.

Wouldn't be much of a curse then.

I prefer the old fashioned versions of things, like being a werewolf or a vampire or a mummy was a punishment (for either trivial or legit reasons). The Mummy movies with Brendan Fraser were good to watch, but if your eternal punishment for a criminal involved giving them world ending powers you need to have a re-think. 

Mummification is completely different, it's meant to be immortality.

I'm fine with the curse, I'm saying that if I had to be a werewolf I'd want to control it, like in skyrim. Who wants to be cursed?

I go away for a few minutes to window shop and all this happens!

And I would love to be a dragon. I regularly dream about flying in and out of clouds.

Mummification traps the victim in a state of undeath (curse), giving them the power to rain fire from the skies and cover people with frogs, not so much. 

The Skyrim 'curse' kicks in after death I think. So you get the 'fun' part while alive, but then may end up being hunted forever in Hircine's (?) hunting ground hell sphere thing. 

Edit: You be a dragon Spirit. Pick me up when you go flying and together we'll rain chaos down on people we don't like o3o

Edited by Fortune86

You're not hunted forever you're basically is hunting dog, if you like hunting then it's a paradise, thats why Aela and Skjor like it.

And thats just movies, original mummification was just a process the pharohs went through in the belief that they'd live for eternity in the afterlife or something like that. It's definitly worse than vampirism and lycanthropy.

I don't know... Being wrapped in old stinky cloth would kinda suck!

Sounds like a plan Fortune XD

Yeah, but you could also end up being the hunted party, depending on Hircine's whims. You have to hunt down a Werewolf for Hircine in Skyrim remember? 

You need to establish some consistency here, MP. If we're just talking real life, then vampires and werewolves don't factor at all. 

Let me know when you become a dragon then Spirit o3o

Not to mention they're a corpse, the only difference between mummies and zombies are that mummies are pretty much all nobility and ancient. Sure they can be associated with magic but they're still corpses.

Just now, Marcus Pheonix said:

Not to mention they're a corpse, the only difference between mummies and zombies are that mummies are pretty much all nobility and ancient. Sure they can be associated with magic but they're still corpses.

Are we talking real life or story here? Because zombies don't exist in real life either. 

Both, but I'm referring to the more common fantasy aspect of mummies, they're basically fancy zombies.

Working on that plan Fortune XD

Nothing we are talking about exist XD

I mean sure mummies a real... but they ain't awake XD

When zombies bite you become a zombie... when mummies bite you just end up as a person with a mummy bite!

Edited by DragonSpirit009

Lol yeah that sums up some of the differences pretty well, zombieism is a plague basically. Mummification is a process.

First of all, mummies of all classes (rich and poor) have been a thing all over the world for ages. They've found mummified Neanderthals. It's not limited to Nobel Ancient Egyptians. ~ Real Life

Secondly, zombies tend to be basic and incapable of rational thought (some exceptions exists), while Mummies retain their sense of self (plus maybe magic) ~ Fantasy

Aren't liches self-inflicted? Like, someone who wants to be cursed in order to be immortal?

Still dead though...

Yeah, a lot of people who want to be cursed (for whatever reason), obviously haven't thought it through very well lol. 

Yeah, mummies are magic zombies who die and potentially come back years later. Lichs are magic zombies who choose to obtain magic power after death and thus become undead. Though liches can be corpses or spirits.

Mummies (in media) have it done to them (usually as a punishment). Liches do it to themselves. Both alive at start of process.

Zombies tend to be corpses that have reanimated in whatever way (magic, science, plague). Already dead. 

Edited by Fortune86

That's why they are usually classed as 'monsters' XD

Didn't think I'd spend the afternoon discussing the semantics of the undead lol. 

I'm kinda trying to avoid it cause I don't know much about all of it. XD