andromedae

Soulstone Dragon Breeding Plans!

A thread for sharing Soulstone dragon breeding plans wub.gif

Here's the adult sprite:

user posted image

I'd post a lineage template but I don't exactly know how to create them tongue.gif

Some pairings that I like are presented below:

user posted imagex user posted image

Feel free to add your own!

Edited by andromedae

I like the idea of them with Glacewings - they have a hint of purple about them, plus both have a somewhat scaled look.

As a Holiday x Holiday lineages fan, I'd really like to see them with Witchlights, Mutamores, Radiant Angels... maybe Pacified Aegis and Winter Magis too.

I'd love to see them with Kingcrownes too. I'm on mobile so I can't add thrm in together rn, but if someone could, I'd be grateful! These look super pretty with witchlights and Sunsongs wub.gif

Edited by andromedae

my first thoughts:

user posted image x user posted image

i'm pretty ambivalent. they don't look as nice to me with monarchs as i'd hoped... but they look better to me with luminae and pillows than i'd expected. embers feel like my favorite for the moment.

I tried the ones i think are pretty, and they are! Will add later when i have time to sort through others!

I love them with witchlights so much, but I'm not very sure if I want to pursue a holiday x holiday...

user posted image

The combo with the Witchlight looks awesome biggrin.gif

Edited by Sinion Kabe

user posted image x user posted image I love Mutamores, but they seem a bit too red here

user posted image x user posted image like the antlers on both

user posted image x user posted image guess the horse is too different in style^^

user posted image x user posted image THIS looks very nice imo

*plays around some more* xd.png

Edit: oh my seems you guys are too fast for me, nm then lol.

anyway *adds another* biggrin.gif

Edited by Kiwiana

Did I miss the template?

user posted image

I'll add some after my trip today. Got a four hour drive to take, but I'm liking the idea of gold dragons, like gold lunars and golden wyverns and kingcrownes.

I've always loved the Purple Male dragon Sprites for a long time and have always wanted something else to breed them with besides the lovely purple females, and this dragon is certainly a great match. I love everything about the way they pose together and theme with each other. So that's gonna be my primary love to start, although they also look fantastic with just about any Golden Dragon or Bright Yellow. As well as anything with a Turquoise/Teal Color.

So I think Yellow Crowns are a Natural mix, as well as Chrono Xenos.

And Especially Since Undine Males can be both a sorta Green Teal AND bright golden yellow, I think that will look great as you checker them out.

Can't wait to see them paired up with more options!

Edited by natayah

And have you considered user posted image x user posted image?

I don't know. I like the snow dragon a lot. They both have that ocher/gold detailing. Purples look nice, but I tend to go for contrasting colors rather than same colors. There are... not a lot of yellow dragons. tongue.gif I think I like them with gold Lunars. Sunsongs are good too.

Since I use the Dark Portal 2 skin most often, what Valentines I like often depends on whether it looks good alongside the skin. Therefore i'll be using this template to test my plans.

Heartseekers:

user posted image

Radiant Angels:

user posted image

Sweetlings:

user posted image

Dark Sweetlings:

user posted image

Caligenes:

user posted image

Cavern Lurkers: ohmy.gif

user posted image

Purple Nebulas:

user posted image

Mageias: (glowy dragons actually look good with them, might try a few more)

user posted image

Arias: wub.gif

user posted image

Teimarrs: not bad

user posted image

Harvests:

user posted image

Glacewings: i love it o:

user posted image

Green Coppers:

user posted image

Chronos:

user posted image

Waterhorses:

user posted image

Ices:

user posted image

Magmas:

user posted image

Kingcrownes:

user posted image

Sunsongs:

user posted image

Red-finned Tidals:

user posted image

Royal Blues:

user posted image

And Moonstones:

user posted image

Edited by lovecats99

Unfortunately, a plumbing catastrophe has delayed my trip, but it gave me time to do some lines now.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/uqhs3

Albino, anagallis, aria, avatar of change, blue-striped, bolt, brute, candelabra, carmine, celestial, frostbite, glacewing, golden wyvern, guardian, horse, ice, kingcrowne, lumina, blue lunar, gold lunar, purple neb, neotropical, nhiostrife, pink, purple, ridgewing, tan ridgewing, royal blue, sapphire, not-drake xmas, spirit ward, sunsong, swallowtail tangar, gold tinsel, teimarr, trihorn, yellow crown

Kiwiana, thanks for suggesting kingcrownes! They look great.

I see some others I want to try on the default skin (like not-drakes and teimarrs), but maybe someone will beat me to them. ;o

Here are my current faves:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Shoutout to nhio because I like the contrast of purples and to tan ridges because the color details match very nicely.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Oooh, there are some beautiful pairings here already... wub.gif

I love them with Green Copper, Kingcrowne, Azure Glacewing... and many others. biggrin.gif

Testing my theory that everything looks good with Terrae:

user posted image

Someone suggested Monarchs (I love the similarity in their poses):

user posted image

Gaia because Gaia:

user posted image

Seragamma (oooh I like this one):

user posted image

And how about another green one:

user posted image

Edited by Confused Cat

Psst @Sock: Imgur's horizonal layout doesn't work anymore. :c Hasn't for a while. Also, the colors in your images seem to be a bit off?

Holding off on getting too attached to any pairings at the moment, but I'm going to do Ice, Winter, and Frost, as usual. Might look into some darker pairs, like Black/alt Black, Spirit Ward, Green Nebula... maybe a good pose match, too.

Edit:

Similar Poses: Blue-Bandeds, Gold-Horned Tangars, Plated Colossi, Royal Blues.

Contrasting poses: Fevers, Nocturnes (night), Shadow Walkers, Speckle-throats.

And maybe Soulpeaces? o:

Edited by 11th

As soon as I saw the S1s I knew I wanted to use, as others have said, Kingcrownes, and that hasn't changed with the new sprites. ^-^ Not sure what I'm pairing my other girl with, was tempted to say Sunstones but now I'm not so sure? Purples were another early thought I had, maybe Purple Ridgewings, Golden Wyverns, or even Brimstones or Yellow-Crowneds??

It's too bad Magelights are pygmies because I think the Cermorvuses (Cermorvusii? Wonder what the correct plural form is... lol) would highlight their purple flame accent.

Psst @Sock: Imgur's horizonal layout doesn't work anymore. :c Hasn't for a while. Also, the colors in your images seem to be a bit off?

Just a month or two ago, doing it manually did still work even though they didn't have the option. I was being rushed out the door earlier, though, and didn't have time to double check. =(

And yes, that's something my art program sometimes does (automatically and I'm not sure of a way to "retouch" the colors), but GIMP stopped working for me a couple years ago, so unfortunately, I have no way to fix it until I find a better replacement program for Macs.

~

Hm, I like terraes!

Back soon with a few more. =p

Added glacewings, not drakes, teimarrs, and trihorns: http://imgur.com/a/uqhs3

I like teimarrs better on the portal skin, but I do like not drakes and trihorns.

user posted imageuser posted image

I'm definitely doing Cermorvus x Kingcrowne and Cermorvus x Terrae, they look really nice IMO!

I'm currently going through the ranks, looking for dragons with antlers. I'm going to start an antler-centric personal lineage.

So far:

- Cermorvus

- Terrae

- Solstices

- Heartseekers

- Snow

- Almerald

- Bolt

- Gemshard

I'd include Yulebucks and Shimmers but I don't have CBs of them sad.gif

And yes, I'm planning to breed my one male Guardian of Nature to one of them. Those droplets on the wings of both Cermorvus and those on the Avatars' wings would look wonderful.

I'd also like to thank TJ and the spriters. I've approved Cermorvus dragons for my Marie Gras lineage and they fit perfectly, with their pearls and the baroque swirls on their wings! smile.gif

Edited by Xocowolf

Oh I really like them with snows too, @Dustpuppy wub.gif Now to wait for next Christmas xd.png

The other fav is definately Kingcrownes, followed by Aria.

Also tried

and with Spirit Ward, but that one looks a bit too heavy in the match, though funny in the different shades^^

Can't wait for my beautiful Cermos to grow up and be breedable wub.gif

Something I always see lately, is most ppl when discussing breeding plans for new dragons, neglect some of the prettiest dragons on the list....because they are older.

I personally think the Cermorvus would look nice with Earth dragons, White Stripe dragons, Sunrise, and Albinos. I can also see nice pairings with the Purple and Green Nebbies.

If a thread is closed for this discussion, you probably shouldn't bring it to other threads. ~Removed~