maylin

Hide all, unhide all

So very true. If it weren't for viewbombing and the severe consequences, I wouldn't bother fogging. But with the way things are? Hide all / unhide all sounds like a godsend.

Under normal circumstances,  I would say there aren't many reasons to want to hide all. As it is, however... yeah. This is really, really needed, and I agree that Storms are a perfect choice. 

PLEASE. This or viewbomb-proof Ward, or both. The fogging has been such a royal pain this season.

I agree, I think the "fog all" feature would be a nice feature. It's not absolutely necessary, but I think it would be a great "quality of life" addition to the site. It'd be interesting as a BSA (whether to a new dragon or an existing breed), but I'm wondering how it would be implemented since it's more of a toggle on and off rather than a "click once and invoke a cooldown", which seems to be the case for most, if not all, BSAs at the moment. 

Still, whichever way it's implemented, I would love to see this feature some day! 

In times like this 'fog all' would be wonderful, so you can still show your scroll to everyone but not get viewbombed!

Also makes it faster to fog everything, it takes forever fogging 21 eggs/hatchlings!

2 minutes ago, Yubelchen said:

In times like this 'fog all' would be wonderful, so you can still show your scroll to everyone but not get viewbombed!

Also makes it faster to fog everything, it takes forever fogging 21 eggs/hatchlings!

Actually, it's up to 24 for those of us with platinum trophy...

I’d like this as well. Having the fog action right there when filtering by growing things is nice, but during times of high traffic fogging and unfogging 24 things every day can be a bit of a pain. While I’d be fine with it as a normal action (just a button at the top of said filter page, maybe?), I’m always in favor of working in breed lore and a Storm BSA would be very nice. “Shroud,” fogs all growing things (or if used when all things are fogged, becomes UNshroud and unfogs all), 3 day cooldown so it’s pretty reusable while also encouraging grabbing a few more Storms than a 1 day cooldown would.

Sometimes, not all eggs are fogged (e.g. due to them being in a teleport or currently being ER-hatched) so Shroud/Unshroud should be available at the same time if both fogged and unfogged growing things are on your scroll.

Anyway, I'd love an easy button for both actions.

*bumpity-bump* 

Pleaaaaase? Pretty pretty pretty please? This can't be that hard to implement, can it? Individually fogging 24 growing things when I go to bed, and then unfogging them in the morning, rinse repeat, gets soooo annoying! So many clicks when it could be one simple little toggle/button/whatever.

Plus, this would be ONE line in the Action Log instead of 24.

On 5/29/2018 at 2:02 AM, Ruby Eyes said:

Plus, this would be ONE line in the Action Log instead of 24.

This is a very good point! Instead of having the Action Log totally overrun by hides/unhides this would cut it down so much. Yet another reason to implement this!

After the View-Attacks from last year, i really, really want this to happen!

One click to save them all!

I've only just seen this thread but I must say, I deeply support this. Even with hiding my scroll, my babies still get bombed sometimes. I like to hide everything I have at night when I'm sleeping, mostly during high traffic times around the holidays, but sometimes I still do when I have valuable things, because I've woke up to dead eggs and hatchlings before and that's just not a nice feeling..

Plus, Ruby Eyes also has an excellent point about action logs It's quite annoying to sort through 40+ action logs for hiding and unhiding just to find one little line that confirms I did, in fact, influence something correctly (or at all).

Pressing a hide all at night would be so wonderful. Granted, it's not exactly necessary with the one click option as TJ pointed out. I could do the ctrl option for new tabs, but my computer lags terribly when I open a lot of tabs, plus, as LibbyLishly said, it doesn't work on mobile and it is still time consuming to do so. It would be wonderful for days I can't get on my computer to fog all my babies with one touch on my phone before bed. This would even be nice for those with slow internet.

AND if you don't have wifi and you're crunched for data, getting on quickly to hide everything would use a lot less data than moving around to press hide 20+ times.

So yes, many reasons for me to support this! :) I'd love to see this happen!

Yes please! It would be convenient and helpful for the many reasons already mentioned and I can't see any drawbacks.

I'm still very much in favour of this - whether it's a "fog/unfog all" button or a BSA like the proposed "Shroud". Is the idea that it would simply exclude anything currently in a teleport link (either trades or trade offers)? Would there be a confirmation screen a little bit like the Earthquake BSA that shows what effect the action has had on different eggs/hatchlings? Like:

xxxxx has been fogged.

xxxxx has been fogged.

xxxxx is currently in a teleport and cannot be fogged.

xxxxx has been fogged.

I like to hide most if not all of my eggs and hatchies when i log of at night, and it takes alot to hid or unhide when i log on a hid all/unhide all button would be nice, or maybe a screen where you can check off all the ones you want to hide, or unhide the ones from a list of all hidden eggs and hatchies, just for ease of use, and maybe have their growth timer on there as well, so whos at 4 days and whos at 7  column.

Plenty of people have requested this, for a long time now. A thread:

Since this has made it to the top again, I'd like to reiterate how amazing it would be to have this feature please!

I feel like it wouldn't be too hard to implement (since the site already recognises "growing things" as a category).