maylin

Hide all, unhide all

Given that the Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlings filter provides access to one-click hiding, is this really still all that necessary?

I guess it's not /necessary,/ but this filter isn't really all that different from just hiding them the regular way from the main scroll page. Clicking hide in the filter view still takes you to the thing's action page, which doesn't really make it easier to quickly hide or unhide things.

It would be much nicer if, when I click hide, the page just autorefreshed and showed the fog ball.

So I can kinda see why an un/hide all feature could be nice. Not necessary, but nice.

Edited by Infinis

I just unhid 15 dragons manually - so much clicking x_x so yes this feature would be nice!

I just unhid 15 dragons manually - so much clicking x_x so yes this feature would be nice!

I know right!

I just had to hide 18 eggs and hatchlings individually x.x

Now I have to unhide them!

I think the new feature that TJ pointed out is a reasonable compromise. If you use a ctrl-click to open the hide/unhide link in a new tab, it reduces the number of clicks needed to hide/unhide each egg in half, compared to using a similar technique using the actions page. It's not that different from my suggestion to have check boxes in a mass hide/unhide page.

However, a fully mass hide/unhide BSA (such as for storms) would still be an interesting thing to consider. I now have a more convenient way to hide/unhide numbers of individual eggs and hatchlings, which frees up the BSA to be a true mass hide/unhide in a single click.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Given that the Eggs/Unfrozen Hatchlings filter provides access to one-click hiding, is this really still all that necessary?

It is a good deal faster than before, which I appreciate, but I think an even faster option to do them all at once would be nice. I still kinda like the idea of having it be related to storm dragons, too...

It is a good deal faster than before, which I appreciate, but I think an even faster option to do them all at once would be nice. I still kinda like the idea of having it be related to storm dragons, too...

I don't care what it's related to; I would just love this smile.gif

Yes please.

I had actually gone through the tedious task of unhiding all of my growing things through Actions (because I hadn't yet realized you could do that a little more quickly through the View Eggs/Hatchlings group, but still) and my goodness would a batch "Hide/Unhide All" be handy.

It becomes really annoying to hide all of my growing things, unhide them to influence and incubate, and then hide them again until I want them to start gaining views. You can also factor in additional hiding if they become sick. That's the only way I can really raise anything with all of the viewbombing going on now, so I can't just change my method. This would be a nice little feature to have around :)

On 5/23/2017 at 10:58 PM, TJ09 said:

I definitely think this is still a really good suggestion. The filter does make things a little easier, but you still have to click "hide" for every single dragon... If you are scroll-locked on a Platinum trophy that's 24 possible clicks if you need to hide everything. That's a lot of clicking! A simple 'hide/unhide all' would be so, so much easier.

What she said. And I do use right click, new tab. Even so....

I'd love this feature, Storm dragons would be the perfect choice for it too.

I accept this isn't 'necessary' as such as it's somewhat easier/quicker now to hide eggs/hatchlings.

However, it would be so much easier/quicker if we did have a 'Hide/Unhide all' option.

Also good would be the ability to set scroll to show only adults... we can show only growing - why not only adults ? It MIGHT help a bit.

I think this would be fun

But also, not sure how people do it, but if you just "ctrl+click" the hide button you can down down the list pretty quickly then just close all the tabs that opened up

It's still a pain when you have 24 things to hide...

Also I don't know about everyone else but my browser tends to freeze, or try to freeze, if I open up too many tabs at once. Sure it's easier/faster to just click each "hide" going down the row to open them in new tabs, but there is a good chance that will cause my browser to freeze, and that's just annoying. And if you *don't* open them in new tabs, that is a *lot* of back-and-forth clicking. The filter and "hide" option on the filtered page is nice, but it's still a huge hassle when you have a ton of things to hide. I honestly don't see why a "hide/unhide all" *shouldn't* be implemented.

edit: Also very much agree with fuzz that it would be very helpful to be able to show only adults. I've posted before about not understanding the reasoning behind being able to show only growing things, but not be able to show only adults... Since growing things are what can get viewbombed and get sick, it doesn't make much sense to have an option to only show them, but not have an option to show everything *but* them.

Edited by Marie19R

*bump* 

With this holiday's mass-viewbombing, fogging *all* your holiday dragons has become sort of essential. I've been keeping every single egg and hatchling fogged whenever I'm away from the computer, and unfogging them while I'm here to let them get views while I can keep an eye on them. Which means a *lot* of fogging and unfogging and refogging and omg too many clicks! It's very, very annoying. Please please pleaaaaase can we get a hide/unhide all?

29 minutes ago, Marie19R said:

*bump* 

With this holiday's mass-viewbombing, fogging *all* your holiday dragons has become sort of essential. I've been keeping every single egg and hatchling fogged whenever I'm away from the computer, and unfogging them while I'm here to let them get views while I can keep an eye on them. Which means a *lot* of fogging and unfogging and refogging and omg too many clicks! It's very, very annoying. Please please pleaaaaase can we get a hide/unhide all?

Same here. It would be really, really, really helpful to just have to hit one button instead of fogging 16 or more one at a time!