Moonlight_Eevee

Holiday Dragon Releases

Your opinion on this  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, Dragcave has many new releases time and time again and with new releases comes new dragon types like drakes, pygmies, two-headed dragons, etc. But the holiday dragons seem to have almost all one type and that is they're all western dragons. With the exceptions of Aegis dragons, heart stealers, and sweetlings all the dragons remain the same: western dragons.

The only one that is truly different is the pumpkin pygmy. I would really like to see something else dropped in the cave for the holidays besides the usual western dragons. For me, I would love to see a Drake, two-headed dragon, or another pygmy holiday release in the cave.

Agreed! Full support!

Now you just need to get people to design the dragons...

And they can't be in the Dragon Requests as they are submitted in secret.

Edit: On a side note, Radiant Angels are winged Easterns. They are too long and thin to be Westerns.

Edited by Shokomon

I realized most of halloween dragons are western. (Not pumpkin)

And I think most of dragon breeds on DC are western+bat like winged combination. Not only holiday.

Um...It's really up to the artists to decide what kind of dragon they want to design for submission and up to TJ to decide what kind of dragon of that selection of submissions he wants to see in cave.

While the idea of non-standard breed holidays is fun, it's really limiting to work with in terms of lineage building.

Ooohhh I could totally get behind a wyrm for Halloween!

I know that some people say no to limited-breeding Holidays because it, yunno, limits breeding, but I'm always of the mind that if a sub-species is too limited because there aren't enough of them, the solution is to make more of them (I would love to see more pygmies/two-heads/drakes in regular releases, too).

People do submit all kinds of dragons for the holiday releases. It's up to TJ to make the picks he does. ^^:

I am fine with easterns,wyrms, wyverns and the like but PLLLEEASE no sub-types

Drakes/two-headeds/pygmies are cute for the novelty of a holiday that isn't a dragon...Until you realize that there are only five breeding options and only one or two options (if you're lucky) look any good with it. Heck, most holidays are one-gender so that halves the already teeny-tiny pool of options.

I would like the special once-a-year dragon to be more then a glorified scroll decoration JUST to say we have a token non-standard.

I voted as a mixed opinion/maybe.

I love the drake/2 headed/pygmy types, at least two or three breeds of each, so it would be wonderful to have a holiday dragon for them. I agree with Marie19R that the only way to expand their breeding pool is to push more releases of that type. And that they will become more popular if we can DO more with them; i.e. have more breeds available to work with.

But I also know that not everyone is a fan of one or any of the subtypes, and there are always some comments along the line of 'well, nothing here for me' when there's a release with ONLY those. And I think they would have a valid reason to be annoyed if a once-time-only holiday release was something they wouldn't ever use in lineages.

Even if we did have such a release, right now the options for pairings are still extremely limited compared to the rest of DC's breeding pool. While I want unusual holidays, I'd rather wait until we have more 'dragonoids' available. So, my vote is basically "Yes! But not yet."

Nonstandard body designs I'm fine with. I don't have a favorite type between westerns, easterns, wyrms, wyverns, etc.; I just consider each sprite separately.

(Something occurred to me as I was typing this: maybe it's intentional that we don't have many of the Nonstandard Three. Maybe TJ has already decided that there aren't supposed to be many of them in the game? I have no idea if this is so, but it's a possibility that they're supposed to be unusual in Valkemare.)

Edited by Gryphonic

For Halloweens, ok. For Holiday/Valentines, mmmm, no thank you. Although, as others have noted, TJ can only release something someone has actually submitted and I'm guessing he gets a LOT of holiday concepts thrown at him. I'm fairly sure that the 2-headed Lindwyrms were originally offered as a Halloween release, so clearly people do suggest other breeding groups.

I did notice recently that we've never had a holiday wyvern, which rather disappoints me. But I think the occasional restricted breeding type would be fine too - as long as it stays occasional. We get three holidays per year and there's always next year, it's not like one nonstandard breeding holiday dragon every other year or so would mess everyone up. In fact, I think it'd be very beneficial to those dragon types. The holidays obviously get a lot of attention, and the dragons tend to be especially well-sprited. So I think it would bring that attention to the nonstandard breeding, and perhaps encourage people to create those dragons and breed them. While I highly doubt (and don't particularly want) their breeding pool to ever grow as large as the standard breeding types, I think holidays would help it to grow more quickly. However, I do agree that this would only be a good choice if TJ were planning on releasing at least a few of that type in the following year, or if there were already more than what we currently have. Surely there are enough of these dragons completed to put some more in the cave in preparation for a nonstandard holiday release.

I really thought the Snow Dragon was going to be a drake based on its wing struts and antlers, and I was ecstatic. To me it looks as though it was designed as a drake but made Western for breeding purposes. But in the meantime before the cave is ready for a nonstandard holiday... I just want a wyvern!

I chose no, mostly because I'm not a fan of the sub-types - however, I wouldn't mind if say two types were released on a holiday - regular and a sub-type and it was up to the individual if they wanted two of the regular, two of the sub-type or one of each (meaning that the two egg limit remained intact). That way a possible interest in sub-types could be encouraged, while still not affecting those who would rather not have any sub-types because of lineages or just personal preference.

I voted yes. I love the idea, and more sub-types can always come into play for additional breeding options. I'm patient.