TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

I'd just really like to know if there's any possibility of the old sprites coming back (even if edited, for whatever reason).

If not, I'm not really interested in keeping them, but I don't want to abandon the hatchlings in case the old sprites I liked come back? sad.gif It's such a slippery slope.

The old sprite is simply wow. Something pretty serious must have occurred to require such a drastic change. I'd appreciate a bit more light being shed upon the subject rather than the spread of drama.

As much as I enjoy the new sprite, I still prefer the old. And it's infuriating that it feels like the new artist disrespected the original artists' wants and how they wished to portray their dragon.

Well, I like both adult sprites. My only gripe with the new one is it could use a quick once-over to smooth it out and also fix the back legs because they don't look quite right to me.

To be honest I actually like the new sprites even more than the old, as I prefer the thicker draconic look. Not that I don't also adore gorgeous wispy dragons (easterns are my favorites), but I do in this case like the new ones even more, even though both are lovely. Makes me wish we could have both.

However, since that's not the case... at this point the best way to settle things is probably to give some explanation. D.C. has a reputation for annoying levels of hyper secrecy and while I get that in this case it's actually justified as being sensitive, things are going to explode more without answers, not quiet down.

However, since that's not the case... at this point the best way to settle things is probably to give some explanation. D.C. has a reputation for annoying levels of hyper secrecy and while I get that in this case it's actually justified as being sensitive, things are going to explode more without answers, not quiet down.

I am avoiding giving specifics out of respect for the people involved. If they wish to share what happened, they can, and if it turns out they are comfortable doing so, I will gladly share my side of things.

I think if they hadn't of switched just before adulthood due to unforeseen circumstances, that would have made me like them more. Maybe if after they hatched, they switched at the s1. It's not that I hate them or anything, I was just expecting a totally different beastie. And well, the old adult happens to be it.

I think if they hadn't of switched  just before adulthood due to unforeseen circumstances, that would have made me like them more. Maybe if after they hatched, they switched at the s1. It's not that I hate them or anything, I was just expecting a totally different beastie. And well, the old adult happens to be it.

Well said. smile.gif Although I do still think several things about the new sprites are off. I realise that's probably because they were rushed.

Edited by Aurae

Oh Zxke, why must you do that. Just as TJ was offering to be diplomatic and forthcoming.

Edited by Ashywolf

I like both of the adult sprites, the current ones the feet bother me for some reason and it also seems less polished than the original (wow on the detail).

The original hatchlings that were shown were my favorite as well. I thought they looked deer-like with fluffy bunny tails lol. But still cute. The new ones... ehhhh... not feeling it. They have the same less polished feel like the adults.

Oh well. Still hoping for more answers as well. Either way, happy with the idea behind the sprite and the color scheme.

I've got my tin foil hat and popcorn. I'm ready to rock the DC Drama Wild Ride.

This beats Halloween 2010 for drama for sure.

Oh wow what a gorgeous adult sprite. I hate to see drama appearing between TJ and the spriters, and things that don't add up here or there... S: Sigh

EDIT: LOL above me...

Also, what does wew mean? i've been seeing it everywhere

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

Is that the Bee Movie script

Spoilers, man. I've never seen it.

Is that what that was? So glad whoever deleted it zzzzz..Edit;;;lol above me again!

Thank you TJ.

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

It was. But now it's gone.

Please keep things on-topic, everyone. I understand that a lot has happened and it's definitely stressful/drama-inducing, but spam is not the right way to defuse the situation.

Well, since people want to know -

~Removed~

This is what the original Cermorvous looked like. I don't know why it was changed without EEF's or my consent, but it was. Sorry to everyone.

EEF and I were treated rather poorly about this release.

This is really disappointing. I prefer your and EEF's sprites to these new ones. I'm so sorry you two had this happen.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler