TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

I'm pretty darn angry now. It is simply not okay to rework someone's concept like that without their consent.

I hope there is a very good reason for what happened. The originals are beautiful. I love the wing detail, the pale colour. They're so smooth and glossy.

Wtf? These were changed without even contacting the original spriters? Ok, I thought maybe a third spriter for the adults just couldn't be reached or something, but now this whole thing stinks. I like the new sprites, but everything about this is shady :/

An official explanation soon would be real nice.

After seeing the real adult, I'm even more disappointed.

An artist's first sprite ripped out right from underneath them, and a sprite many people would have loved.

Thank you to the original spriters for putting lots of hard work into something that would've, in my opinion, been the best of all the Valentine's dragons so far.

I hope you don't get discouraged by this (though how could you not?) and continue on - your sprite work is amazing and I'm sure any further sprites you make will be just as beautiful.

Well, since people want to know -

~Removed~

This is what the original Cermorvous looked like. I don't know why it was changed without EEF's or my consent, but it was. Sorry to everyone.

EEF and I were treated rather poorly about this release.

Wow, that's gorgeous! I love the pose. So sorry it got removed!

I do like the new one as well, so at least we have that.

I don't think it's right to simply remove them without even telling you (nor anyone else) why.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

The original sprites are gorgeous. Now that I know Tazzay and edwardelricfreak wasn't aware of the change and was kept in the dark as much as we were I'm not really sure how to feel about the release anymore.

I do hope that at least the artists get an explanation even if the userbase doesn't.

edit: WHOA HUH WHAT HAPPENED

Edited by suskekun222

~Removed~

This is what the original Cermorvous looked like. I don't know why it was changed without EEF's or my consent, but it was. Sorry to everyone.

Gosh she's pretty. I really love those wings and antlers.

I'm sorry your work got changed without your knowledge.

~Removed~

Aww. Your dragon was really pretty. I hope you both still consider making more holiday submissions in the future. (Or finally get an in-cave release.)

~Removed~

That's really pretty! Thank you!

~Removed~

OHHHHHHHHHHHH

That just makes the pain more intense! They would have been one of the most beautiful dragons in the cave!

WHHHHYYYY?!

no seriously why?!

TJ might strangle me for asking but what exactly was done that awards the term "poor treatment"?

*sigh* I still really like being able to know what they originally looked like. Thankyou.

Figures. Second time I manage to grab a new valentine release and there's a big screw-up sleep.gif

I find the fact the original artists were not informed of this change to be somewhat appalling.

Edit: Ookay now I really have no idea what's going on blink.gif

Edited by C88

I don't know why it was changed without EEF's or my consent, but it was. Sorry to everyone.

If you're going to play the victim, please don't outright lie about it. You were notified via PM last night (in addition to the repeated contact I've had with edwardelricfreak over the past several days, that I know you are aware of because you PMed me about it). You responded to the very PM I sent you about an hour later. To claim that you don't know why the events that have happened transpired as they did is a bit more than disingenuous.

My earlier post in this thread was intentionally vague about the swap because I didn't want to draw negative attention to you and edwardelricfreak, but I'm not going to tolerate outright falsehoods.

~Removed~

Absolutely beautiful. Your hatchlings, too. I'm so sorry this happened - I would much prefer yours to the replacement sprites.

What an interesting turn of events for my first V-Day on D-Cave.

I, for one, love the new adult sprite. I was blown away when I saw it, I was so into it. The hatchies.....not so much. Like others mentioned, I do appreciate their dragon-y-ness.

This whole time I kind of assumed the spriters knew about it and something went down between them and TJ/DC and sort of was willing to accept the reality we live in where this is the dragons we're stuck with.

Hearing that they didn't know about this makes me deeply saddened and maddened and want answers. It seems very wrong, and I think we do deserve some kind of explanation. Mostly - THEY deserve some kind of explanation.

It also breaks my heart to see how the new one is so ripped off from the old one. It's just like a sloppy recreation. Obviously the new spriter worked hard.....but come on, it doesn't even hold a candle to the absolute beauty to EEF and Tazzzy created. Like - HOLY MOLY that dragon is beautiful, one of the most beautiful I've seen on DC. To have this cheap knockoff? It's very sad to me. Because that's exactly what it is - it isn't a reworking at all, they look like nearly the same dragon. It feels kind of plagarism-y.

Lots of love and support for EEF and Tazzzy, I think you guys did some really amazing work. Really beautiful sprites that I would love love love to collect. The shading is just...unreal, so gorgeous. At the very least, I think you two deserve some level of explanation.

I'd just really like to know if there's any possibility of the old sprites coming back (even if edited, for whatever reason).

If not, I'm not really interested in keeping them, but I don't want to abandon the hatchlings in case the old sprites I liked come back? sad.gif It's such a slippery slope.

The old sprite is simply wow. Something pretty serious must have occurred to require such a drastic change. I'd appreciate a bit more light being shed upon the subject rather than the spread of drama.

Well, I like both adult sprites. My only gripe with the new one is it could use a quick once-over to smooth it out and also fix the back legs because they don't look quite right to me.

To be honest I actually like the new sprites even more than the old, as I prefer the thicker draconic look. Not that I don't also adore gorgeous wispy dragons (easterns are my favorites), but I do in this case like the new ones even more, even though both are lovely. Makes me wish we could have both.

However, since that's not the case... at this point the best way to settle things is probably to give some explanation. D.C. has a reputation for annoying levels of hyper secrecy and while I get that in this case it's actually justified as being sensitive, things are going to explode more without answers, not quiet down.

However, since that's not the case... at this point the best way to settle things is probably to give some explanation. D.C. has a reputation for annoying levels of hyper secrecy and while I get that in this case it's actually justified as being sensitive, things are going to explode more without answers, not quiet down.

I am avoiding giving specifics out of respect for the people involved. If they wish to share what happened, they can, and if it turns out they are comfortable doing so, I will gladly share my side of things.