TJ09

2017-02-14 - Valentine's Day!

I tried playing the event adventure on my phone for the first time today, but it was a bit cumbersome and the scroll made it tough to keep up with what I'd done, what the original text was so I stopped until I got a chance to get on my PC. While on the phone, I made the mistake of climbing out of the nest before grabbing a couple things, if not more.

Is there a way back in? I tried climb nest, enter nest, climb branch, climb branches and a few other variations and none work. Thanks!

Since it's just a text adventure, I don't think we'll have anything like an inventory displayed after the event, so I don't think it matters too much. If any of the items were necessary for story completion, there'd be some way to get back. ^^

So is concept theft not a thing? Is that being ignored?

For someone to create and sprite a dragon, not only is the sprite important, but so is the concept behind it....

If the change (and subsequent sprites) were updated and done without the Spriter's permission, awareness, etc... Then is this not an issue? What if the original spriters after all this want these dragons removed? Do they not have a right to such a thing now because for whatever reason their sprites were changed?

It's so much more than just a silly sprite change but that's what everyone is freaking out about.... I wouldn't demand answers, and everyone is quick to defend the new artist, but what about the old ones?

Sorry, I stopped reading at page 103 but nobody had mentioned this at that point.

I really cannot believe that a change this major was done without the knowledge and consent of the original spriters. And trust me, I really feel for them because (afaik) this was no only their first holiday sprite but their first ever cave sprite at all. So I imagine that they feel pretty terrible about.... whatever happened that caused the sprite switch. Just none of this scenario can have been fun for anyone concerned.

The sheer entitlement and the lack of perspective on the part of some is just mind-boggling. Not that I mind, I've got my popcorn and am highly entertained by reading how CRUCIAL it is that we be given an EXPLANATION (beyond the rather discreet and professional one already offered). Has Encyclopedia Dramatical updated their DC article yet?

People are allowed to be upset and that upset comes out in different ways. People don't know what happened, I understand jumping to conclusions and wishing something else had been done. =)

I don't think so, but when you get to the end you can replay it to do anything you skipped by accident the first time. smile.gif

Ok, thanks! I was just worried that the items I left behind in the nest might be needed as I wander forward.

For someone to create and sprite a dragon, not only is the sprite important, but so is the concept behind it....

If the change (and subsequent sprites) were updated and done without the Spriter's permission, awareness, etc... Then is this not an issue? What if the original spriters after all this want these dragons removed? Do they not have a right to such a thing now because for whatever reason their sprites were changed?

It's so much more than just a silly sprite change but that's what everyone is freaking out about.... I wouldn't demand answers, and everyone is quick to defend the new artist, but what about the old ones?

Sorry, I stopped reading at page 103 but nobody had mentioned this at that point.

I completely understand your upset with this. Keep in mind that we know very little of the situation. I would hope that this is something TJ had thought about and is handling or already did handle.

Ooooh even gendered hatchies SITTING in the ap!! Magical. Some people are getting lucky smile.gif I like seeing so many extra cb's for people to grab <3 I'll have to grab and ap future cb breeds too... wink.gif

Edited by Nightwalkerkey

New eggs read stolen on Feb 15th, at 5d 5hr. Which means... Lots more to come I think.

No more previous year Valentines, right?? Otherwise they'd show up before?

Unless randomly abandoned now or recently, probably not any more old ones, yeah.

Ok, thanks! I was just worried that the items I left behind in the nest might be needed as I wander forward.

This shouldn't be a problem. I've played it through a couple of times to get different outcomes and I've not had one I couldn't complete because of not picking something up. You should be fine. HF with it! smile.gif

Those purple AP eggs are so beautiful, I wish I could grab more!

Not really that big a fan of the dragons. Their description really just sounds like a re-worded Heartseeker, and I guess it would have been nice to see much more flowery wings on the dragon for a unique twist.

My hatchlings only appeared just now, I can't really see the pearl in their claws very well, but that'll likely change when they grow up.

I named one 'Bushes of Love' and the other 'Bramble Bush of Love' because of the event glitch and I couldn't help myself.

...but...that color and the horns, am I the only one who subtly thinks of Spyro when I look at them?

Not really that big a fan of the dragons. Their description really just sounds like a re-worded Heartseeker, and I guess it would have been nice to see much more flowery wings on the dragon for a unique twist.

I like the adult sprites, but I agree their description seems meh. They're only my second CB Valentine's dragons, and 'the true matchmaker' is the same description that the Mutamores got last year.

This is exactly what I have been feeling. Replacing the sprites was obviously necessary - but I would feel so upset if not only my dragon was removed, but also imitated.

We don't know and we will probably never know what happened. I hope that the artists have given their consent for their design to be reworked, I certainly feel TJ would do that. But this whole thing feels so very off to me =(

but conceptualists have gotten artist's alts in the past despite not having actually touched the sprite themselves.

Concept designers do get alts for holidays. Walker was the first to receive one with the Arsani.

Side note: Heartseeker Wall is giving way to New Egg Wall. If you missed out, go grab!

So grateful to the people who dumped! I missed the date, now I won't go without!

...am i the only one who likes the new sprites more the the old ones? I like the color better and they look more dragons. The others looked like purple/gold deer with or without wings.

Even with all the sprite drama, move over Rosebuds these gals are my new favorite V-Day dragon!!! <3 Ever since the egg stage, and I'm sure this was unintentional on the artists' parts and just a product of my imagination, these cuties reminded me of my favorite scene from my absolute favorite Disney movie (The lanterns scene in "Tangled".), which definitely fits the Valentine's theme. ^_^ I too, preferred the original hatchlings, but the adults are just so STUNNING! Thank you to all artists involved, whether it was the original concept or those who did the replacements. :)

Throwing out a thank you to those who over caught and abandoned. I wouldn't have any of these without you. I missed out on the release so y'all the best.

Wait - the description still mentions a pearl. Is it still there ?

I feel sorry for whoever it was named theirs "fluffbutt..." sad.gif

Like mine. *cries*

And I froze mine at ungendered hatchi stage! I loved the original version so much that I wanted to keep it like that. But this! This isn't what I asked for.

Wish I hadn't frozen it. The adults are pretty and this hatchi was caveborn and...

*cries*

Like mine. *cries*

And I froze mine at ungendered hatchi stage! I loved the original version so much that I wanted to keep it like that. But this! This isn't what I asked for.

Wish I hadn't frozen it. The adults are pretty and this hatchi was caveborn and...

*cries*

You could release it ans catch another CB egg from the AP smile.gif

Beautiful adult! Great details and a welcome change in colors. I love the wings, especially.

Thank you to everyone involved in creating it!